PDA

View Full Version : AirAsia Questions

JTF
20th Sep 2011, 23:21
Can anybody tell me what the duty rules are in Malaysia? Is it 8 hours flying and 16 of duty max like the FAA does, or is it something different? Can they reduce rest you in any funky ways? I've heard of weird Chinese rules that allow the companies there to say you are at rest if you have more than 2 hours between flights and an approved rest area. That seems pretty sketchy and I'm wondering if they do anything like that with AirAsia. While we are talking about duty rules, does anybody know how many hours per day, week, month, and year are allowed there?

Does anybody know how the retirement plan at AirAsia (for Malaysia based pilots) works? I have heard the company contributes 12 percent and the pilot 11 percent, but that is all I've heard. Is it a pension, or is it some kind of fund or set of funds that can be taken with you if you leave the airline before retirement?

Is it true that productivity pay (hourly flight pay and segment pay) are exempt from income tax in Malaysia?

Che Xindamail
21st Sep 2011, 07:11
Don't think they have any funky rostering going on. It seems that you do your morning shift or afternoon shift, 2- or 4-sectors and then go home. 3-4 days on, 2-3 days off, 80 hours/month
The provident fund goes into a government scheme and it gets invested. You get it back when you reach a certain age, not sure what, or when you leave the country.
This is a good deal, and you can consider the salary effectively tax-free since 23 percent goes into the fund.
Great country to live in. The take-home pay is adequate if you look at the cost of living/housing, even with a couple of kids in an international school (about 3k/month/kid).

JTF
21st Sep 2011, 22:59
Thanks for the info, Che. Anyone else with anything to add please feel free!

cl65
22nd Sep 2011, 03:06
che, you mentioned 3k/month/kid.

is that per one child? and 3k in local money or $3000 in USA?

If you have one child, how much can you save on monthly bases?

thanks

Che Xindamail
24th Sep 2011, 08:33
cl65,
Sorry for the late reply, been on layover.

The 3000 is in MYR and is per child per month in a good-size international school. Although I believe the American schools (two in KL) are a bit more expensive.

1 USD = 3.1 MYR

A newish link-house in a good area will cost 3000-5000MYR/month. Imported cars are expensive, but foreign cars that are assembled in Malaysia such as Toyota and Honda are cheaper. Local cars such as Proton (heavily influenced by Mitsubish) are very good value. A mid-size sedan will cost around 50-70k MYR.

Hope that helps.

Blackdollie
24th Sep 2011, 09:30
Proton are good value??? :D :D :D
:= := :=

GlueBall
24th Sep 2011, 10:21
Curiously, no politician, no Datuk, and no well to do Malaysian would dare to be caught driving a Proton. I had rented one of those bone shaking contraptions: It's junk when compared with imports. :eek:

HERC
25th Sep 2011, 17:21
I'd be obliged if someone can answer my queries with respect to three grown up children ages between 19 to 13 years.

Can the sons aged 19 to 17 years stay with parents? Or is it like the Middle East where male child has to have a separate visa/ residency requirements?

Does the Company help or as an expat pilot you are on your own to sort out your family's residency issues?

Does an expat Capt make enough to afford education expenses, specially with two College going children with 80 hrs a month?

Thanks

Hogger60
29th Sep 2011, 09:43
For any of the AA expats. Have you been able to convert your license to a Malaysian license or do you have to go the validation route? Thanks in advance.

MagicCarpet
18th Oct 2011, 08:21
It seems that you do your morning shift or afternoon shift, 2- or 4-sectors and then go home. 3-4 days on, 2-3 days off, 80 hours/month.

Che,

Do you -or anyone currently flying for AirAsia (not X) as a 320 DEC- know if there are layovers at AirAsia?

Thanks- Magic

jetjockey696
18th Oct 2011, 09:09
MagiCcarpet....

No nightstops on AirAsia.. Every night is back to base...

ONLy Air Asia X has night stops..

80kts...V1...Rotate
19th Oct 2011, 04:46
Guys,

does anybody know on the differences to be selected if apply for a job (PIC) with AA for A330 or A320? What are the requirements?

and

does anybody knows the packages (pay, benefits, etc) for this two different types? (A330 vs A320)

thank you all!

JTF
19th Oct 2011, 15:00
I have no idea what the pay is for the 330, but the 320 is based on a base pay of about 13000 ringgits per month and flight hourly pay of around 190 ringgits per hour plus sector pay that I don't remember any more. Flying around 1000 hours per year would be a bit more than $130000us per year. These numbers should be available elsewhere on the forum to back them up. They are low for 320 pic in Asia, but Malaysia has a fairly low cost of living and low tax rate due to the way they separate the pay by base, hourly, and sector.

Kabul 1
23rd Oct 2011, 12:46
Dear
May you tell me more about the A320 Captain s package...
Salary? House allowance? School Allowance?
There is possible rent a house or only apartments with the salary?..I mean, how much,normally, cost per month to renta house?
I hope u can help me,
Tks

kwaiyai
24th Oct 2011, 11:44
Noska,
Basic 13,000RM per month,
Flight allowance 195 per hour,
sector allowance 100 per hour,

In KL personally i would suggest you budget between 1500 to 6500 rm per month for either house or Condo dependant on size, area etc etc.

as for school and housing allowance, no comment

smurf84
24th Oct 2011, 11:57
What happened to Air Asia's Cadet Pilot Program which was scheduled to start in November? They seem to have taken that advertisement off the website.

volare_737
31st Oct 2011, 04:13
Any word of a commuting roster yet ????????

Kabul 1
31st Oct 2011, 07:54
Hi
There s house allowance and school allowance ? If yes for how many children?
Tks
Kabul1

Skindogg
31st Oct 2011, 08:25
No and no.

Grum
3rd Nov 2011, 07:23
I would like to apply online but it states that the minimum requirements are valid Malaysian licence and already a Malaysian resident. How can one apply from outside the country?

machmikey
6th Nov 2011, 11:15
Actually, if you are applying for DEC. It gives different minimums for Malaysian pilots vs. ICAO pilots for Captains.

safelife
6th Nov 2011, 19:08
Do Air Asia X hire foreign FOs? I'm aware Air Asia don't but then again Malaysia do, at least via agencies.
(I'm rated A330 with hours on type and current.)

320wonder
7th Nov 2011, 03:00
why would you want to leave wherever you currently are and join AirAsiaX?

downwindabeam
7th Nov 2011, 03:41
Is there a bond signing requirement? Also what are the competitive minimums for this offering? (I have no time on type or a type rating on the Airbus family... An RJ driver)

Do you feel you work hard at Air Asia or is it a decent place to work at?

Thanks much!

bahabel
23rd Mar 2012, 08:29
Hi dear Sir,
Do you Know how much monthly average salary for A320 Captain in AA?
TNX