PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR/MEP training at Blackpool

PPRuNeUser0173
20th Sep 2011, 19:37
Does anyone have any information on FTO's that offer this level of training at Blackpool? What track record do they have for first time passes, experience levels of instructors plus how established are they and who owns them would be nice to know also? Any recommendations?

ford cortina
20th Sep 2011, 20:26
Have a look at Multiflight, they have just opened up in Blackpool.

Andy_20
21st Sep 2011, 12:53
I can vouch for Multiflight BPL. I am just finishing off my CPL/ME there and haven't had any problems

Bethere
21st Sep 2011, 14:43
Multi flight had a good rep when benchmarked against Comed:ooh:

blue_ashy
22nd Sep 2011, 17:48
I'm looking at Multiflight at BPL as well, some nice airspace around there too!

madlandrover
23rd Sep 2011, 19:34
Yep, Multiflight are a good lot, Andy Todd runs a good training scheme.

PPRuNeUser0173
5th Oct 2011, 07:00
Any others then? What about Flight Academy and Westair - don't they do advanced training?

GearDownFlaps
8th Oct 2011, 14:14
They did , I think , but i stand to be corrected that the new owners are not interested in CPL/IR and as such wont be doing it , leaving it open for MF , but give them a call and ask

downwind24
8th Oct 2011, 20:37
Golfdriver , I thought you worked for MultiFlight??

ashdaman
8th Oct 2011, 21:11
;)Im thinking of mulitflight but also ravenair liverpool,are you from the blackpool area??

PPRuNeUser0173
9th Oct 2011, 14:53
Yeah I used to work at Multiflight Leeds on a part-time basis but I wanted to work full-time so have gone elsewhere. I now work for someone at Bournemouth and am favourably impressed with this FTO. I am having a great time at long last and the reason I asked the original question was to sound out what was going on at Blackpool as I had heard rumours about a certain FTO which I was surprised about. I am glad to hear that folks are impressed by Multiflight - I am not surprised.

downwind24
9th Oct 2011, 20:33
Funny , it sounded like a free advert for a certain training provider to me :E

PPRuNeUser0173
9th Oct 2011, 21:24
Blame the respondents - not me! I don't know any of them. If Multiflight are highly regarded then good for them. Do Westair do CPL/IR training and what about Flybpl? I don't think Flight Academy do advanced training anymore.

Gomrath
9th Oct 2011, 21:55
Funny , it sounded like a free advert for a certain training provider to me
Yes it did seem as much.

I asked the original question was to sound out what was going on at Blackpool as I had heard rumours about a certain FTO which I was surprised about

This comment hardly bears any resemblance to the original question. Please -no fishing expeditions.

blue_ashy
10th Oct 2011, 19:24
Westair don't do CPL/IR, just PPL+IMC/Night.

PPRuNeUser0173
11th Oct 2011, 16:41
:)Hows about Hunting and Shooting!!!!!!!!

NYCSavage
20th Oct 2011, 08:20
Golfdriver,

I am the owner of Flight Academy Blackpool and would be happy to sit down with you and answer any questions that you may have.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our aircraft and instructors.

I look forward to speaking to you.

PPRuNeUser0173
21st Oct 2011, 05:50
Thank you NYCSavage but I have had a conversation with the recently departed GM who has updated me. I understand that you are not doing CPL and IR training anymore but concentrating on PPL stuff. BTW all owners are happy with the quality of their instructors and aeroplanes - its the standard mantra. I wish you well with your new venture.

proflightyoke
21st Oct 2011, 06:37
We pride ourselves on the quality of our aircraft and instructors.

Neither of which i received when i did the early part of my ppl training with you thankfully i managed to complete it successfully with an FTO based on the other side of the airfield.

:(

NYCSavage
21st Oct 2011, 08:37
Golfdriver,

The is incorrect regarding CPL/IR etc. The problem we had was the current CFI/HOT left for his dream job and we had to place the CPL/IR on hold until a new CFI/HOT was put in place and accepted by the CAA. This has now been approved and we should start taking bookings once again very soon.

proflightyoke,

I would be interested to hear the problems that you had at my school and when this happened?

I am an approachable person and you will soon see that I am upfront and will speak to anyone regarding any issues/concerns that they may have.

PPRuNeUser0173
21st Oct 2011, 14:10
OK thats your version - now I have heard both sides. I wish you well with your new venture as I said before.

NYCSavage
21st Oct 2011, 14:13
Thank you for your well wishes

Gomrath
21st Oct 2011, 16:21
It appears the questions have been answered.