PDA

View Full Version : doin a degree in meantime

flyhigh07
20th Sep 2011, 15:04
I have a dgca cpl, since I don't want to waste any more time m planning to do a degree ,my Mind is tumbling b/w bsc aviation and bba flying please suggest which Is better for a pilot?any advantages over others in interviews in India?

niksmathew24
20th Sep 2011, 19:11
Just a quick question mate.

Is it that hard to write words and sentences in full and proper?

Or

Is it the time consumption which worries you the most? :ugh:

estranged soul
21st Sep 2011, 04:17
which Is better for a pilot?any advantages over others in interviews in India?

both are equally useless for a pilot, so you can close your eyes and choose any.

All the best !

risk
21st Sep 2011, 05:06
flyhigh07: Firstly, I have to agree with niksmathew24, please do write 'professionally' because the first 'P' in the address of this website stands for 'PROFESSIONAL' & as an aspiring pilot & a 'wannabe-aviator', professionalism is of utmost importance.

Secondly, I have to partially agree with estranged soul as the type of degree does not matter a lot. Don't get me wrong, it does have an effect but not as profound as you would expect it to in other professions.

Lastly, my own opinion; a BBA is beneficial in the long run as over a period of time you might want to either move into the management side of things or want to branch away into your own ventures or even into a totally different profession. That said, a degree in aviation would obviously give you an edge at the start of your career as a pilot & even in the aviation industry. So overall, it is what you really want to do, my advice go with a Bachelor’s degree in aviation but with emphasis on business side of things & later on in life get a Master’s in Business Administration.

flyhigh07
22nd Sep 2011, 07:05
Thanks for the reply .. M sorry I couldn't write "professionally " because I am viewing pprune on an iPhone and I am not good at typing in this thing.. Anyways thanks for the suggestions and I might go for a degree in aviation and an MBA later on if needed.. Can any one suggest a nice place to do in Mumbai or a distant education from an accredited university... I would prefer a lateral entry for CPL holders if there is any?? Thanks again for the help guys..