PDA

View Full Version : FAA Airlines Programme in Florida

kaisar
20th Sep 2011, 12:24
hi everyone
i just signed up here
i wanna do my FAA Airlines programme in Florida
ive researched a lot but im really confused which school to choose for that programme
i intend to go there in november
ive searched flying schools like easa,epic,oft,eft :-/ and it seems like they all have mixed reviews
i really dont know what to do
i just got into epicflyingacademy and they are asking for $800 for sat nav and visa fee and manuals or what not.i dnt have any idea about these so i didnt pay them but epic seems like they have got good aircrafts for training.on the other hand easa sounds good as they seem to be in this sector since 1991 and their everythings included even the accomodation and its cheap than the others

can you guys please help me to choose.it has become my nightmare lately.thanks in advance

Dmitrybristol
21st Sep 2011, 17:53
I have got the same question actually. But I am considering Pelican Airways ( Pelican Flight Training - Helicopter Training - Airplane Training - Flight School (http://www.pelican-airways.com) )
Does any body know this school good enough? And are there any advantages and disadvantages compare EASA, EPIC, Cabair - Orlando flight academy.

B2N2
21st Sep 2011, 19:55
And people wonder why they are being taken advantage of by unscrupulous flight schools.
If you are about to drop down 70K on your training go out and educate yourself a little better.
Read the stickies on this forum, read other forums, magazines and get an idea of what is out there and what you need to look out for.
I've sent you a recommendation by PM.

Halfwayback
21st Sep 2011, 20:42
B2N2 beat me to it!

Dmitrybristol and Kaisar

Firstly welcome ot the forum!

There will be plenty of advice on hand here and some will come from people who actually know what they are talking about! There are plenty of experienced professional pilots who are pleased to give Wannabees a helping hamd as they embark on a career in the industry - however we all expect you to do some research yourself first.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum page - use the Search function . Yes - it will take time to read through the posts; yes it is less convenient than being spoon-fed what some sciolist thinks is the perfect answer.

BUT you are about to part with a lot of money and it is up to you to make sure you spend it wisely.

Whilst you are doing you research you will also learn quite a bit about the industry in general which will be beneficial to you later. Whilst you are doing that I am closing the thread.

HWB