PDA

View Full Version : Life beyond 55 yrs.

jemima puddleduck
17th Aug 2001, 00:11
Can anyone please help me in answering a nagging question that has been burning at the back of my mind for some time:

Can a BA Captain (747 fleet for example) continue to be employed with BA beyond 55 years old?

To what age?

And how does this effect his pension?

many thanks for all your help?

JP ;)

Herod
17th Aug 2001, 00:24
Standby for the blast from all the senior First Officers waiting to get into the old bu**er's seat!

Human Factor
17th Aug 2001, 00:26
Currently, BA has a compulsory retirement age of 55. The only exceptions to this are some former Dan Dare pilots who were contracted to 60 and can stay until then, provided they remain on the 737 at Gatwick. There is currently a debate going on about increasing the retirement age to 60 for those who wish it. That may lead to problems with seniority and delayed commands for younger, more junior pilots. BALPA and BA are currently discussing this, but for the time being it remains at 55.

Blackshirt
20th Aug 2001, 03:15
I believe a lot of them go fly with the wonderous bearded one

airbourne
20th Aug 2001, 07:40
I remember in the old days of Ryanair before they employed any nationality except people who speaak English that a lot of EI Capts retired at 55 and went to fly for FR for a few years more, dont know if thats still the practise.