PDA

View Full Version : Display Authority ?

parabellum
19th Sep 2011, 10:56
You may get an idea from here:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP403.PDF

The Time Stamp Fairy has been at it again, my post is in answer to the one below!!!!!!!!!!!

RPM AWARE
19th Sep 2011, 11:03
Morning...

Any of you kind gents care to summarize what hoops one would need to jump through to gain a 'DA' ? (UK)
Many thanks

RPM AWARE
19th Sep 2011, 12:00
Hoping for some informal advice, ideally from someone who's 'been there, seen it and done it' at this stage :ok:

Cheers

VeeAny
19th Sep 2011, 12:07
Get some advice from someone who has experience in the field of display flying.

I got one about 5 years ago for the 300.

There are not too many Display Authority Evaluators around, Dennis Kenyon and Keith Thomas being the only two who spring to mind.

You need to practice your routine a fair bit, talk it through with the DAE on the day, and then fly it for him as briefed. A discussion on the content of CAP403 takes place somewhere in the proceedings and then a recommendation is made or not based on what you know and how you fly.

I hope this helps, if you want to know any more let me know.

Gary

sycamore
19th Sep 2011, 13:24
Ring CAA .01293 573525/6/-3227,ask for George Duncan/Matthew Hill ; they will give you chapter/verse,and a name or two.. just keep the ball in`t middle..!

DennisK
19th Sep 2011, 19:39
Vee Any (Gary S) has it about right ... and I'd only add that on a personal basis, 'pilot attitude & motivation' is everything. We don't talk about 'getting through hoops tho'. That comes under attitude! If CAA's Keith isn't available, drop me a PM for a chat. Dennis K.