View Full Version : Anyone used a pilot CV writing service?

bravobravoflyer
19th Sep 2011, 08:39
Hi there,

After having just gained my F-ATPL I have spent quite a while working on my CV but I'm not convinced by my efforts so I am thinking about potentially using a pilot orientated CV wriing service. Has anyone used one of these compnaies and if so, were you pleased with the results?

I know some people might think that paying someone to write your CV is just 'the easy option', and I did before I started to write my own, however after having spent x amount of money on my training, I don't want my CV to let me down.

BBF

punk666
19th Sep 2011, 09:06
To be honest mate its a waste of time...you need 1500TT and 500 on Jar25 aircraft to get a job nowadays unless FR take you on.

mad_jock
19th Sep 2011, 09:27
Thats :mad:. I have flown with 4 fresh out of TR school FO's in the last 6 months. 2 of them ex instructors and the other 2 straight out of school.

Mind you not that they got the job through sending a CV in though. In all cases it was networking and someone having a word in someone elses ear.

bedix84
19th Sep 2011, 10:03
what do you mean mad_jock???
you mean they did the type rating course and with no hours on type they get hired?..is it?

bravobravoflyer
19th Sep 2011, 11:04
Whilst I appreciate your responses, I can't help feel that this thread has gone slightly off topic.
In my opinion a decent CV is a must for any job hunting pilot and whilst in reality the chances of employment may be slim, if you have a poor CV then your chances are even less.

mad_jock
19th Sep 2011, 11:32
You are completely correct Bravo.

The amount of utter rubbish which is put out claiming to be a CV by wannbie pilots is quite frankly shocking.

It does nothing to sell the person at all.

And well sort of Bedix they had the job in hand, then completed the TR and they payed a sum for the TR which was a percentage of the actual cost.

So they actually got the nod before actually commiting to pay for the rating and got online with 1 hour and 6 circuits on type.

usualguy
19th Sep 2011, 12:50
get the job first, and then apply, nobody is going to give you a job after sending a resume by post or e-mail. it s finished.usualy when guys got their CPL, they run to their PC and send 500 or more CV to all airlines , result will be 20 negative answer.
a job is now considered like winning the eurolotto...

now you must know someone, and let them pay, it 's called bonding contract. if someone offer me a job and I have to pay for their rarting, I will say noway, you pay for the rating, I work.

there is no job outhere anyway,all they want is to pimp more cash from you, and abandon you with a useless rating and no hours. After they go share the bonus they can sell to TRTO, and look for the next guy like me...looked for 4 years on 320, and with no hours, nobody will offer me a job, and even if you land a job, you will live in a tent. This is not a serious business anymore.some will say there are plenty of job in asia, saudia,.., or whatever, these guys are still sitting at home.

you can move you ass to africa, like this guy Kash, and you will come back with nothing.

I just regret to have start aviation years ago, but I didn't know this business will turn badly like this now.They f my life, I could have buy a nice house instead.no need to tell you i am not sending CV.
I just go see people when i can.