PDA

View Full Version : BSc Aviation.?

Citation1
16th Sep 2011, 23:21
Hi to all,I am new to this forum.

Firstly let me brief myself, I am a CPL holder (FAA+DGCA) year 2009.

I am here to get some information as i am planning to go for Bsc aviation degree program...
1)First of all..Is it the right course i am going fr or are their any other courses also which are better than this one..because from what i have heard that this is the right course to better your column of education qualifications in your CV?

2)I have only studied till 12th and then went for the Commercial licence...So i have nothing as my education...What do you guys suggest...??Is it fine if go for this degree program??

3)PS-Well honestly i dont want to waste my time here in India and sit for 3 long years for this course.So i am planning to do it from US or Canada...Anyone who has some info regarding the colleges their which offer this courses except from Embry Riddle...Plz Plz let me know because i am trying to find it online but am unable?

4)Just for my knowledge-Is it that the airlines in India gives more preference to a person with a Degree than to a person only with a CPL and no degree or higher education?
Thanks and information regarding this course would be highly highly appreciated...
Takecare..!
Goodluck!

shivav23
17th Sep 2011, 08:48
hi,

there is either bsc aviation or bba aviation which if you are an indian cpl holder you can get lateral entry ie join straight from 2nd years check out avalon aviation or just simply type bba in avaition on google

i am also doing bsc aviation and it is not a full time course if you get a job you really dont have to attend it.

it really depends what you want to get into bsc is the same as what you stuydy for dgca conversions the difference being what we do in 3 months they teach in 3 years and bba is more on the management side incase you want to get into airline management.

vdaff
17th Sep 2011, 10:21
Yes Jet Airways gives first preference to guys with bsc aviation, you get hired without interivew :ok:

alansteve548
17th Sep 2011, 11:12
Yes there is a lot of scope there on Bsc aviation.. That is a better option to choose.:)

truefaith
17th Sep 2011, 12:01
Get a Degree in Aircraft Maintenance. At the same time, you will get a FAA AP Licence.

This will, you will be more marketable.

Citation1
17th Sep 2011, 14:25
What exactly is the difference between Bsc Aviation and the Aviation Maintenance...Are these two seperate degree courses...If yes then which one is more Profitable to do...??

@shivav23-Bro where are you doing your course from and can you brief me what all is there in the this course...Because i am getting mixed replies from all of my friends and i am getting confused...I want to move out of India and i plan to do it from US or Canada??What do u suggest and do u know any schools out there??

@vdaff-Lets see brother whats true and whats not...Have you also got the Bsc degree?

@truefaith-FAA AP Licence??Which is this licence.?And again is Aviation Maintenance the same as Bsc Aviation?

Thanks all..!

Kingmaker500
17th Sep 2011, 17:38
that was lame sarcasm :hmm:

shivav23
18th Sep 2011, 06:25
hey,
it depends which city you stay in because i dont know if all the cities in india offer bsc aviation. there are a few in mumbai which is
IAAS-institute of aviation and aviation safety
thakur college of aviation
patkar college of aviation

in my college (IAAS) it is a 3 yr normal program with nav,met,regs, technical being taught syllabus is da same as what we study for dgca conversions.
attendance is very flexible so you dont need to come just come for the exms and you shall have your degree. its really having a free degree.
if your getting something like that india why waste money abroad but he only university which i know is embry riddle. anyway upto you what you want to do

all the best!
cheers

sidd29390
18th Sep 2011, 14:41
Hey Citation1, i have done a bit of research on this subject as i also went for my CPL after 12th and i am also planning to do a BSc. in aviation.the best course i found was from The University of Petroleum and energy studies based at deradhun offers a Lateral Entry B. Sc. (Aviation Studies) for Commercial Pilot License Holders and it takes only 11/2 years for you to complete you degree and they offer it thru Distance Education Program as well.Plus they are certified and all that .....so no hassle with the Degree you are receiving :ok:. The Link for the same is Provided Below.

Hope this Helps

Lateral Entry - B. Sc. | CAS (http://cce.upes.ac.in/CAS/aviaiton-studies-bsc-programs.html)

Sandy pilot
18th Sep 2011, 14:44
@ Citation1 (http://www.pprune.org/members/369847-citation1)
Check your PM

Citation1
18th Sep 2011, 17:54
Thanks Sandy and shivav..!:ok:

attitudeFlying
19th Sep 2011, 04:16
What do you guys think of BBA (Aviation Operations) by UPES?

Citation1
20th Sep 2011, 09:21
Does anyone knows reputed universities for bsc aviation in usa or canada...??

vkrntjdhv1
8th May 2012, 03:42
check Academy of Aviation (http://sspmaoa.com/index.html) they provide Bsc Aviation course Affiliated to Mumbai University tenure of 3 years and u dont have to attend collage .. just attend the semester exam ....those r also easy to clear

vkrntjdhv1
8th May 2012, 03:44
hi sid29390
there is 1 more college near Mumbai which missed to mention Academy of Aviation (http://sspmaoa.com/index.html)
its in kalyan

bad_attitude
8th May 2012, 08:40
IMHO a degree such as BBA and subsequently MBA would be more beneficial in the long run than a course like bsc aviation... An MBA would definitely be an asset to a management pilot.

AvEnthusiast
8th May 2012, 09:09
Hi Guys,

This lateral entry, is it for International Students as well? I have more than pilot studies, I have ATC background as well. And my academic records were evaluated by an American agency and they see my records equivalent to Third year of Undergraduate in US, but Embry Riddle is accepting only one year's credit. So if these Indian colleges accept those american agencies recommendation I better do it one year more in India. I would be glad if you can have any inputs on this or if there are such other universities in India offering such opportunities and better if online.

Intruder101
9th May 2012, 07:47
Hello,
Is it better if we go for bsc in aviation or bba first followed by mba.?

Are there any colleges in US for bsc aviation except Embry?

fly2infinity
9th May 2012, 19:07
I would recommend you to go for AME as it will give you better job opportunities. Bsc. Aviation is not given importance by any company except Air India. Although its very easy to get one, you just need to appear for exams. But you wont get any added knowledge.

Kingmaker500
11th May 2012, 16:14
apart from UPES is there any other College/University offering B.Sc Aviation through Distance learning? UPES is a bit on the expensive side compared to what other colleges are offering

AvEnthusiast
12th May 2012, 06:13
What's the problem with Embry Riddle? I see everyone here says except Embry. Is there anything bad about this Uni, so we also know about it?

blackbirdsr72
12th May 2012, 07:38
As far as my knowledge is concerned Its one of the best universities in the world for Aviation studies. Majority of Aviation Management professionals were trained there.
(Including myself).
Please dont post that Iam marketing for them.......;)
Its Important for every student to Think about the following while preparing for studies.

1. The Goodwill/Infrastructure of the college/universities
2. The Visa Procedures (If In India Accommodation/Transportation)
3. The resources/ money you have got to complete the studies. never Go to a foreign country thinking that you can work part time and pay for the studies. you may earn for your expenses but very few has succeeded in earning enough to pay the fees.

Regards
Blackbird sr72

indgirl
3rd Jun 2012, 12:13
Hi !
I am currently doint the Bsc aviation program for pilots from upes uni.I am having some trouble with one of the questions and am wondering if anyone can help me out.
The question is as follows:
9.An ELF submarine communications linkoperates at 3 kHz. The transmitter supplies 2 MW to a vertical antenna h =100m tall with unity directivity and having resistive losses of Rlossloss resistance. Thesubmarine antenna is at a depth of 10m. Find = 1 Ω . The receiving antenna is 60m long with 5Ω
(a) the power dissipated as lossin the transmitting antenna,
(b) the efficiency of the receiving antenna,and
(c) the additional path attenuationdue to propagation through seawater.
and

8. An engineer requires a field strength of 100 V/m at150 MHz to perform radiationimmunity testing on a small (5-cm maximum dimension) radio device. Design aprocedure using a test range with adipole antenna.
i have finished the rest but am not able to solve these.pls help.

This is in relation to radio communication.

indgirl
3rd Jun 2012, 12:15
also is there anyone who has completed the degree with upes university?

RP-C000
3rd Jun 2012, 18:13
indgirl not even the head of training of Jet Airways or any other airline can help you with that question...

you need to talk to an avionics engineer or submarine comms officer.

born4flying
4th Jun 2012, 06:04
@fly2infinity

AME is far more better than BSc. Avn
I would recommend you to go for AME as it will give you better job opportunities. Bsc. Aviation is not given importance by any company except Air India. Although its very easy to get one, you just need to appear for exams. But you wont get any added knowledge.

True that. Speaking as someone who just completed his three years of B.Sc. Aviation, i indeed agree with you. The thing is, when I started B.Sc., I didnt know I was gonna be jobless for three years :mad:
And just did B.Sc. to become a graduate. But now that I think about it, One more year (or 1.5 with ATKT :O) and I would have been an engineer :ugh: (better job chances with that)
So, I WOULD DEFINITELY suggest someone going in for B.Sc. now to try and do Aeronautical engineering or AME course as this will only increase your job prospectus, whereas B.Sc. Aviation wont. It will just term you as Graduate.

____________________________________________________________ _____

@Kingmaker500

apart from UPES is there any other College/University offering B.Sc Aviation through Distance learning? UPES is a bit on the expensive side compared to what other colleges are offering

If you are enquiring about India, there are three colleges in Bombay that offer B.Sc. in Aviation. Fees are approx 50-55k per year (for 3 years).
Two of them (Thakur College of Science and Commerce & Patkar College), will allow you to attend classes here and there, and just give the exams :D

____________________________________________________________ _____

@indgirl

trouble with assignment question Bsc Aviation

I completed my B.Sc. Aviation from Mumbai University and I have never, IN MY THREE YEARS COURSE, come across such a question for pilots. :=

Why are they including Submarine questions in a aviation course for pilots.

krisholic
3rd Dec 2013, 19:26
Hello People

My name is Anantha I will be finishing mt 12th in 2014. I want to take Bsc. Aviation I have one question about this course, will I get my CPL if I take this course? Is the flight training included with the degree? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

HAWK21M
21st Jan 2014, 10:22
Hi.
Im currently Licenced on B737/757 in Maintenance both Airframe and powerplant.....however I want to complete a Degree in Aviation.....this is tough to complete parttime/full time due to a 12hrs duty shift cycle.

Is there a degree thru distance education that working Engineers in Aircraft maintenance can attend,any reliable university to enroll in.

Omen Chauhan
4th Apr 2019, 15:04
hi,

there is either bsc aviation or bba aviation which if you are an indian cpl holder you can get lateral entry ie join straight from 2nd years check out avalon aviation or just simply type bba in avaition on google

i am also doing bsc aviation and it is not a full time course if you get a job you really dont have to attend it.

it really depends what you want to get into bsc is the same as what you stuydy for dgca conversions the difference being what we do in 3 months they teach in 3 years and bba is more on the management side incase you want to get into airline management.
which course is better B.Sc aviation or BBa aviation?

2or4
11th Apr 2019, 07:22
Neither

If you are in India, suggest study something worthwhile which can also help you in the future.

BSc Mathematics or BSc Physics may sound boring and very unglamorous to many but is of far more use,