PDA

View Full Version : Type familiarisation training

galleypower
16th Sep 2011, 12:29
I am wondering where to find requierments for type familiarisation training. Say, you been flying on a 737-300 and going to fly a BBJ, or another example, you've been flying an Embraer 145 and going on a Legacy 650. In the latter example, it's a common Type Rating. If a familiarisation training is required, where would this be stipulated? Or are familiarisations just recommended but never required? Your insight is apperciated.

Whopity
16th Sep 2011, 18:47
For Types, its differences training not familiarisation training. Try here (http://www.easa.eu.int/certification/flight-standards/doc/oeb-general/List_of_Aeroplanes_--_Class_and_Type_Ratings_and_Endorsement_list-07092011.pdf)

galleypower
16th Sep 2011, 18:53
Thanks for the link. I've found this document earlier. I just wonder if this is the only reference? I was studying the new EASA Part FCL and there they talk again about familiarisation :)
Heard that there is a familiarisation necessary for the Legacy 650, but I haven't found any written confirmation of this. In the doc you linked it's a common type rating for all E135/145 variants...and it looks like no familiarisation is required. Hmm..