PDA

View Full Version : RTR(A) PATTERN CHANGED?

aviatorzuckeberg
16th Sep 2011, 08:58
This is regarding the recent change in the RTR(A) PART-1 examination....i have tried and failed this exams few times now.....they have started asking questions on SID's n STAR's and approach plates unlike before..they do not ask a staright forward questions on the mentioned topics either...has anybody cleared any one of the last three attempts.(delhi, chennai or kolkata)....plzzz reply or PM me as i desperately need help....where do i study as i do not find it in the books.......

aviatorzuckeberg
8th Nov 2011, 11:10
any help appreciated............

aadityaslg
8th Nov 2011, 13:06
Hey,

This is going to be my first (and probably the last) attempt at the RTR(A) part 1 test.. have no clue about what they ask about those charts, but I assume it would be a normal IFR approach procedure where u report at say "turning base", "report visual" and similar stuff..

If you manage to get any info on it.. please do post it here..

issues
9th Nov 2011, 05:08
A little off the topic,

These people (WPC) have posted that the DD is to be in the name of some communitcation accounts officer in the online form, whereas the COP-1 form says the DD should be in the name of PAO(HQ) New Delhi?!

Any inputs of what you guys are doing about this ?

Thanks and all the best.

aadityaslg
9th Nov 2011, 05:38
Yeah.. Check that out with them.. I did .. and still ended up sending the wrong DD..

They updated the new DD information after I had already posted my documents to them.. and you can't argue about it..

Capt.Morrgan
9th Nov 2011, 06:26
My apologies for digressing off topic a bit.

Do I still have time to apply for next attempt at Hyderabad for the part-1 exam? Any idea when's the last date for submitting the application online and mailing in the documents? And lastly, on first look, I couldn't find the amount for the demand draft needed.

Any help would be appreciated! I'll keep looking in the mean time :)
-CM

Johny Boy
9th Nov 2011, 21:52
Zukerberg

I had posted about new format some time back in the thread called RTR KOLKATA Attempt with details.Nothing has changed since Delhi April 2011 attempt though my friend didn't got any SID/STAR/Instrument Charts for his Calcutta attempt on Sep 7.I dont know about what has been asked in ongoing Delhi attempt though i would suggest brush up IFR RT calls and review few Instrument charts.....just pick some AAI authored SID/STAR's and you will be good.

I am pasting my previous post on RTR Kolkata attempt thread.

SID/STAR's chart only come in 2 type of set but never will both be asked in same exam....for ILS/VOR follow Plate instructions.

Type 1 : ATC clearance & Show compilance.

Pilot- Ask for ATC clearance for Departure/Arrival or Route change due to external factors.
Controller - Will provide chart depending upon type of question ( Dep/Arrival/ATS route)
Pilot- Read back Controller's instructions and then show compliance with controller by reading back all the instructions given in charts one by one after each step of flight while controller will acknowledge pilot's sent message.

Type 2 : Urgency

Pilot - Pilot is provided a chart and urgency/emergency situation.You need to again read back your urgency/emergency call with reference to the Chart provided.
Controller - He will acknowledge your call and if needed will provide further instructions.

Hope this brings some help to you !:)

Exam fee's is 500Rs and note down details for payee of DD for exam while doing ONLINE registration for RTR attempt....it's always mentioned about to whom your DD must be addressed.

Last date for Hyderabad Attempt - 12 Nov for Online & 17 Nov for hard copy.

aviatorzuckeberg
10th Nov 2011, 10:11
thanx.........

siddhanta_alc
21st Nov 2011, 06:19
i have tried chennai delhi n mumbai.. i am on for the hyderabad attempt 2011 .. desperate to clear the exam , i feel all my notes n questions r of no use!!!!!!!

i need to freshen my mind , plz help me get assistance for the hyderabad attempt questions , maps and viva as well..

plz help. mail me at [email protected]