PDA

View Full Version : PPJN log requirements

spacemonkeys
11th Sep 2011, 21:33
Trying to register on PPJN, it was pilot jobs network and I could access fine, however recently it has changed. I get through to the CV upload part and it won't accept that I am uploading a .doc file. Any advice?

mokilu
11th Sep 2011, 21:40
Same problem

can_ksk
12th Sep 2011, 07:13
Are you sure you tried with *.doc file? Maybe you did try to send .docx file.

I did that mistake when i was try to send my CV.

PT6Driver
14th Sep 2011, 12:50
Question why have they changed this site? you yoused to be able to enter and browse very easily without all this intrusive nonsense.
Register maybe but why should I now have to share all my details with an unknown web site?
Why has it been changed?

PT6Driver
14th Sep 2011, 12:59
Long a source for pay info but has recently changed to now requiring you to log in. Details required are now quite detailed (employer their web site, position etc) and require you to upload a CV!
Anyone know why?

punk666
14th Sep 2011, 13:07
As much as we try and avoid Big Brother on the television soon everyone will be part of the show. :mad:

LH-OAB
14th Sep 2011, 13:19
....and it's now called the "Professional People's Jobs Network". Might be genuine but I'm not that trusting so I'm giving it a miss meantime, shame, it was one of my favourites.

punk666
14th Sep 2011, 13:22
Another case of fixing something that isn't broken.

irishpilot1990
14th Sep 2011, 13:33
Just seen this myself and came to PPrune to see was I missing something. What a shame, was a great website. If it is not broke do not fix it :=

jay_hl
14th Sep 2011, 13:43
Off on a little tangent, but the some of the information is still available through the below link:

http://www.ppjn.com/pilotjobsnetwork/operatorlist.php?reg=Europe

Dont know how long this will be available for though!

Mungo Man
14th Sep 2011, 13:45
It still works as it always did for me - no logging on. Are you sure you're on the right web address not a subtly different scamming one?

PT6Driver
14th Sep 2011, 14:32
Tried the above link and it works as does Pilot Jobs Network - for students of pilot schools and experienced airline pilots (http://www.ppjn.com/pilotjobsnetwork/)

The problem would apear to be The Professional Peoples' Jobs Network | PPJN.com (http://www.ppjn.com) which is the new login page and was previously saved to to my favourites as the site entrence page.

for how long though

Remember just because your paraniod doesn't mean that THEY are not watching you :E

jetay1
15th Sep 2011, 09:31
Even though it is possible to view the classic front page using the alternate address, none of the links on it work, they come up with a 404 error.

I'm very suspicious about entering any of my personal information on that site.

Anyone know of a site that would have similar info and news available without all that intrusive bull****e?

PT6Driver
16th Sep 2011, 18:23
Jetay1 - The first link in my last post seams to work and navigates corectly. I click on Regions eg europe and go from there.

Like you I am very wary of any site asking for this level of personel info. Hence raising the subject to see if it was me or had anyone else encountered problems of abig brother nature.

This thread is the result of at least 2 merged threads - hence the start is a bit misjointed. (I made the mistake of puting my original thread on R & N so now locked out of there!)

Back to original topic - let us know if you have any problems.

mrsurrey
17th Sep 2011, 16:23
there's the old list of factfile updates when you log in - on the right hand side of the page.

jetay1
21st Sep 2011, 09:43
Looks like they have reverted to original page layout and removed the login requirements. Things seem as they were before, thank Lord. Latest updates are 20SEP11.

Pilot Jobs Network - for students of pilot schools and experienced airline pilots (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/)

Anyone confirm?

gorter
23rd Sep 2011, 16:28
It seems to happen every now and again. I wonder if the owners of the site let the domain name 'expire' every now and again (by accident or whatever) realise and then buy it back in the mean time the domain name owners put something on it temporarily.

jetay1
24th Sep 2011, 09:15
I doubt it. After the changes had taken place, I sent them feedback via the website and they actually came up with an answer and an explanation why they made them.