PDA

View Full Version : C172R Take off and landing performance

bouncing bomb
14th Sep 2011, 04:38
I am unsure if i am asking a stupid question here but does the 172R have performance charts for differnt weights?

My POH, which is very far from an original copy, only has take off, landing, cruise... tables for short field @ 2450lbs which is the MTOW/MLW.

It seems to me that i should have charts for differnt weights, or the ability to adjust for differnt weights, as this will have a huge impact on performance. If it doesnt how are you suppose to make allowances for differnt weight, wind...??

Attempting to go through mock CPL flight test nav planning but am kinda stuck on this, hope you can help!

..Daniel..
16th Sep 2011, 11:22
Most POHs, like my C172 POH, have tables for different weights (I.e 2200, 1900 & 1600 lbs) in which has data such as ground run, best rate of climb etc... can be ascertained. The performance graphs themselves differ for each specific aircraft and really depend on what equipment they're carrying.

How come you're doing it for a C172? If you're doing the CPL should it not be a C182 or PA28 or another type of aircraft the has a CSU and cruise speed over 120KIAS?

bouncing bomb
18th Sep 2011, 10:35
Diff rules in diff countries you do not have to do your CPL in a 'complex' aircraft here. I am flying a 172R and for my practical flight test i have to plan a Nav in my aircraft.

I realise that most aircraft have differnt charts for diff weights hence my question, i was hoping someone with some 172R experience or a 172R POH could let me know if this is also the case for the 172R.

It have been told that cessna did not provide charts for differnt weights for the R varient because of this limited effect it had on the performance but i am unconvince and would like a second opinion!