PDA

View Full Version : Instructing in Indo

mercenair
13th Sep 2011, 11:38
Hi,

Looking for advice from anyone currently working in Indonesia regarding doing some instructing with a reputable school. I would prefer to be in a larger city or busy place, but anywhere is worth a look.

I have more than enough hours to meet any minimum requirements, but in the last few years I've only been flying for fun. I have an Aussie ATPL and CASA medical, is it a major hassle to get things converted?

Thanks!

STOLFLYER
14th Sep 2011, 01:45
If you are staying in Jakarta, go to Deraya or NUSA in Halim Airport.
If you are in Bali, you can choose BIFA (Bali International Flight Academy) in Bulenleng or LIFT (Lombok Institute of Flight Technology) in Lombok.
They all have website and easy to find and all have posting in FB.
To be honest, unless you are living in Jakarta or working there, Bali or Lombok is easier and less hassel to fly.

Gold Seal
24th Jan 2013, 23:36
Be very careful in deciding to go there. If you arrive in Lombok and you do not like the job, you will have to pay the owner $3000-$4000 back for the cost of your flight, work permit and medical before he will allow you to go home.

And you cannot just get on a flight out of there without them knowing either. Only when you have given him the money back, will he get the 'exit permit' stamped in your passport that you need to get through immigration at the airport on your way back home. :eek:

I also heard that their fleet is grounded as they have a fuel contamination problem and the owner is trying to force people to fly even though they have had a number of engine failures