PDA

View Full Version : CPL Renewal Advice

Muppet99
12th Sep 2011, 13:52
Hello

Received a letter from the CAA advising CPL is going to expire in November. And I need to send them some money in order to renew it. I've had a look at LASORS at the renewal requirements. It looks like a need both a valid class 1 medical and either a class or type rating in order for the CPL to renew.

I've been doing other stuff in the past few years and have let my medical lapse (run out in May) and I last renewed my IR about 4 years ago in a simulator.

I plan to start exercising the privileges of the CPL soon as hope to start flying with the company I'm with within next year at the most.

What are the consequences of not renewing it now, instead renewing it just before I need to start using the license prior to starting flying?

Or should I just renew it before it expires in Nov?

rmcb
12th Sep 2011, 14:58
Just renew it now - there is bound to be a good reason why it can't be renewed if you take it to the wire.

:hmm:

madlandrover
12th Sep 2011, 20:50
I last renewed my IR about 4 years ago in a simulator.

That's not an issue - the IR isn't a class or type rating. You will however need a valid SEP or MEP rating to fulfil the class/type rating requirements.

Linda Mollison
13th Sep 2011, 07:54
Madlandrover said

'You will however need a valid SEP or MEP rating to fulfil the class/type rating requirements'

Not quite true. LASORS D9 says

A UK or JAR-FCL CPL will be re-issued for a further period (5 or 10 years validity as appropriate to the licence held) if the applicant:
1. Holds a JAR-FCL Class 1 medical certificate valid for the first day of issue of the new licence.
2. Has held for any class or type rating included in the licence a Certificate of Revalidation the validity of which has not expired by more than 5 years.

So providing you have passed an SEP or MEP class rating during the last 6 years (which you will have done when you passed your CPL) all you will need is a current class one medical.

Linda Mollison