PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stosur; how proud Binos would have been.

Juud
12th Sep 2011, 08:47
My first thought on hearing about Sam Stosur winning the US Open was for Binos. The great Ozzie lover of women´s tennis on this forum; he would have started this thread if he were still with us.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01994/Sam_Stosur_1994768c.jpg

Onya Stosur, onya Oz, onya Binos. :ok:

Takan Inchovit
12th Sep 2011, 09:11
Sam has been a 'quiet achiever', I hope she can stay up there. Was a bit disappointed in our local news with minimal coverage tonight.

"Play it again Sam" :ok:

BombayDuck
12th Sep 2011, 09:25
Thanks for posting this, Juud. Yes, he would have. :)

Capt.Grumpy
12th Sep 2011, 09:39
Yes, my old mate Binos (Chris) would have been immensely proud. I remember sitting in his lounge room watching the Australian Open Tennis and quaffing quite a few beers and bottles of red. He really did love his tennis. Bloody hell...I miss him :{

3 Holer
12th Sep 2011, 10:09
Best of all her win wasn't marred by the antics of that classless Amazon Serena Williams.

I hope the authorities hand out an appropriate punishment this time and not the usual hand smack!!!!!!

Al Fakhem
12th Sep 2011, 10:50
I hope the authorities hand out an appropriate punishment this time and not the usual hand smack!!!!!!

If they do, she might go for the "Lewis Hamilton" type of defence ;)

parabellum
12th Sep 2011, 11:00
The Williams sisters are not unknown for trying to break the harmony when they are losing. The tennis critics down here are quite incensed about her behaviour. Unfortunately the Williams are both still considered 'draw cards' by the organisers, so the punishment is likely to be weak.

Howard Hughes
12th Sep 2011, 11:21
Love it Juud!:D

Of course Binos wouldn't have held back letting us all know how he had been right all along. Miss ya Binos.:ok:

sitigeltfel
12th Sep 2011, 11:40
Best of all her win wasn't marred by the antics of that classless Amazon Serena Williams.

Mike Tyson in a frock?

Andy_S
12th Sep 2011, 11:47

Considering other events in New York yesterday, it wasn't the time or place for that sort of behaviour.

sitigeltfel
12th Sep 2011, 13:01
From the DT....

Williams' latest controversy came after she said she wanted to win the title on the day that the US marked the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks.
"I definitely wanted to win because of 9/11 and everything that New Yorkers and America has been through. It didn't work out the way I planned."
How true :rolleyes:

Re-entry
12th Sep 2011, 13:18
How in the world can SW not be kicked out of the sport?

John McEnroe was defaulted an entire match in Australia for MUCH less.

SW is a bad sportswoman and a blight on the game on tennis.

Lonewolf_50
12th Sep 2011, 17:11
Grats to Sam, I'd only see her now and again on the TV when we watch tennis. (My son like tennis)

Too bad Ms Williams had to try and recreate a McEnroe moment ...
Words from a possible open letter to SW are bumbling around in my brain.
Serena, 9/11 wasn't the day to embarrass your country with your behavior. Your opponent had a better game on than you did on a given day, so be it. Play hard, stay classy in victory or defeat.

Please consider where you are, and who you are, next time you get frustrated on the court.

Akali Dal
12th Sep 2011, 21:27
Come on guys, she is an American in American. She can express herself loud and clear. Are you kidding? She is in America and in America she reign supreme!

Captain Sand Dune
12th Sep 2011, 23:47
Come on guys, she is an American in American. She can express herself loud and clear. Are you kidding? She is in America and in America she reign supreme!
One assumes you're being sarcastic.....aren't you?
Yanks, bless 'em. They're great sports when they win.

parabellum
13th Sep 2011, 10:43
Fined $2000 out of a $900,000 pay cheque and on the last day of two years probation for threatening to kill a line judge!

Fliegenmong
13th Sep 2011, 11:00
Drive past her old tennis club often....

Home - Queens Park Tennis Center (http://www.queensparktennis.com.au/)

Binos would have been proud for sure!!.....As a 'Gold Coaster' I sure am proud (Though I think she was born in BNE?? - Still a QUEENSLANDER though! :}

Fliegenmong
13th Sep 2011, 11:13
Err....checking her out it seems not???? We all thought there was a connection?? Appears she did attend Helensvale High Helensvale State High School (http://www.helensvaleshs.eq.edu.au/) for a while....maybe that is our claim :p

Yeah I know...Helensvale.....not really Gold Coast, but the local council border says otherwise...the same one that includes Beenleigh :suspect:

Beenleigh, Queensland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenleigh,_Queensland)

The sort of place you may expect to return to your vehicle 'Up on blocks':uhoh: