PDA

View Full Version : After flying........

Do-27
11th Sep 2011, 22:37
Hi falks!

After flying............ which place do you consider is better......:E

Hong Kong?,Kuala?, Singapoure?:\

I apreciatte any advice.........

Thanks and nice landings!:ok:

safelife
11th Sep 2011, 23:02
Among these? SIN!

azlee_19
12th Sep 2011, 09:40
It's kinda wrong to refer kuala lumpur as 'kuala'...same as referring to Hong kong as 'Hong', or New York as 'New'.

-Capital Names Police :8

Slasher
12th Sep 2011, 19:15
Singapore's just too bloody expensive lah. Too many damn
annoying rules too.

KL's sort've ok but it can really have its moments.

Hong Kong's not the great place it used to be prior 1997.

Have a look at the Northern Thailand. Great people great
area and cheap to live.

Markzai
5th Oct 2011, 21:03
Depends..if u want safety and efficiency then SIN, rules are meant to keeps these factor in check.

KL is cheaper.

ZFT
6th Oct 2011, 01:29
Slasher,

Have a look at the Northern Thailand. Great people great
area and cheap to live.

Has it changed much since the election? Certainly the atmosphere in the capital is very much different. Not that apparent to the casual visitor but very noticeable if you reside here. Still a great place but...

BANANASBANANAS
6th Oct 2011, 05:09
Singapore is a 'fine' city provided you have lots of $ in your pocket and are happy to comply with the high level of regulation. In fairness, it's clean and efficient but a little sterile and characterless imho.

If you want character, better quality/more relaxed pace of life and you can tolerate a lower level of efficiency, then Malaysia and/or Thailand would get my vote.:ok:

FR8R H8R
6th Oct 2011, 06:09
KL = crime
HK = pollution
SIN = boring, expensive over-regulation

Another option perhaps?

The Rage
6th Oct 2011, 08:49
Kota kinabalu, on the island of borneo. Was stationed there many moons ago. Still go back on a regular basis. Best places to live.

BANANASBANANAS
7th Oct 2011, 04:28
Can't argue with that TR.

One of the aviation memories that will remain with me forever is the view at the BKI Rwy 02 Hold, late afternoon, as we waited for Take-Off clearance. Sun low in the sky, hardly a cloud, no wind and the South China Sea glistening just the other side of the airport perimeter. I really didn't want to get airborne - could have just stayed there and watched the sun set.

Happy days:ok:

Fly3
7th Oct 2011, 13:41
If you are thinking of retirement you can rule out Singapore. They don't allow it unless you have millions of dollars to invest there. I have worked for 15 years there and am just about to retire an am being kicked out as I will no longer be productive.

etops777
7th Oct 2011, 14:29
Fly3

Since you've been in SIN for 15 years why didn't you apply for a PR?

dac787
7th Oct 2011, 20:38
puncak at west java Indonesia...beautiful....:ok:

Fly3
9th Oct 2011, 01:57
ETOPS.
Didn't want to take the paycut moving from expat to local terms.