PDA

View Full Version : A380 Maintenance

granard
10th Sep 2011, 12:00
I will be maintenaning the A380 in the future any useful tips that could make my Job easier.

offhandblackhand
10th Sep 2011, 12:28
Call in sick, don't stand in front of running engine, don't hit your thumb, wtf do you want?

FlyingEagle21
10th Sep 2011, 14:46
Bit worrying an Engineer is asking on a Pilots forum how to fix a plane.

offhandblackhand
10th Sep 2011, 14:48
How about following the A.M.M?

shedhead
10th Sep 2011, 15:01
don't hit your thumb
quite possibly the best advice I have ever seen on here!

granard
10th Sep 2011, 17:14
Is this not anEngineers & Technicians forum and the question is about some person with some experience of working the aircraft who could share tips as of powering up and resets or watch out for this !!! I guess this is the wrong site to be asking such questions.

What does Wtf mean? If its what I think it means it is not very helpful to you or me !!!!!!

We all know what the AMM does !!!!

Regards

subsonic69
10th Sep 2011, 21:35
Don't mind most of them, some just race to the opportunity to mock you instead of help you. Some just wanna post. And some like me, doesn't have the opportunity of working on the A380. :) good luck with the big bird, I happen to prefer working on A320s and 737s anyway. reason? I dont need a step or need to drive something just to service oil to an engine. :}:ok:

lakerman
11th Sep 2011, 12:05
garard
You have opened a can of worms onto yourself. If you are going to maintain the A380, and you are a Licensed Engineer, then you would have done the course and would, or should already know the answers to your own questions. If you are unlicensed, then it does not matter as someone will be supervising you and you will learn as you go on.
You really should have been more specific in your opening statement and you would not have had so many silly replies, there are a lot of children on this site unfortunately.

Exascot
11th Sep 2011, 14:05
Chaps, I think that this thread is a wind up. I hope so at least as I am looking forward to my 1st flight on said aircraft in November.

cedgz
12th Sep 2011, 15:03
this engineer is just asking some maint tips to fix rapidly(to avoid delays) snags that happens on a regular basis. these maint tips come with experience and/or other fellow lame's that tell you
and if you can fix directly an airplane and knowing everything without looking in the amm,ssm,wdm,tsm when you just obtained your type rating, than you're a hell of smart person, or just one of this kind of idiots that thinks he knows everything

MATMAX
12th Sep 2011, 20:19
Ced,
Things are not happening in this way ...
Fixing problems quickly is coming from experience and thats the only way it should happened ... otherwise , you will not even understand what you are doing and so totally unable to explain it ...
Hope that i am clear ...
Everybody must gain his own experience !
Be in touch with the Field Reps , thats my best advice !

cedgz
13th Sep 2011, 12:26
so,
if you don't know, ask a field rep!!! something we didn't have when we started the B777(not the company mainbase, maybe that's why). so maybe have a look at the airbus tech tips(boeing has, so guess airbus as well), and call mcc if you're lost in space(they might be as well)
have fun, enjoy, have a good breakfast(you will run miles in this whale)
@ matmax, i've seen some of your posts, and you remember me somebody i knew, maybe it's you(but you shouldn't live in france at this time)

asif ali
13th Sep 2011, 19:44
Ganard!

As a general rule;

Do concentrate on the preventive maintainence, you will be having less corrective maintenace requirements.
More you plan good your schedule maintenace checks, you will have good operational cycles and minimum unschedule maintenance requirements.

MATMAX
13th Sep 2011, 21:10
Ced,
Exactly !
If you do not know ask to the Field Reps !
Thats the main reason why they are here.
They have the experience and the right contacts to help you to achieve your goals ...
If you did not have any when you started with the B777 , it was because some other guys were experienced enough and , i would say , the Company you were working for , was experienced enough to understand clearly the problems and to solve them without the help of anybody else ...
Ced , the tips you are talking about are called technical notices.
They should be read carefully as they are the temporary most important paperworks before the AMM will be updated...
MCCs , in general are a bunch of experienced guys but nobody always get an answer to everything ...
More and more , our job is requiring a "hot" brain and is more and more far from what a "basic" B1 or B2 will expect ...
My own tip , if i could , will be , as i used to say , to shutdown the whole power and to go for a smoke and then to re-powered the stuff again as long as "problems" are alive ...
I use to do it everyday on some smallest airbuses , namelly 500-600 ...
and that works !
I am really seldom replacing parts ...
Ced , maybe we know each other , i am sometimes in France and sometimes somewhere else but my heart is here as anywhere you come from , you are always and mainly happy in places where everything is really liveable to you ...
Asif , of course but my friend , here , you are at thousand miles about the real stuff ...

grounded27
14th Sep 2011, 05:54
To the original post.

I am ashamed of the responses above, in our craft.

Your "Field Rep" is selling the product. It would be great to hear from some guys that actually handle the aircraft to supply the "dirt" you are looking for. Airbus as any other mfgr is not interested in admitting the shortcommings of their golden airframe. They have procces and procedures to follow before this info hits the manuals.....

Best wishes with your experience.

coax
14th Sep 2011, 08:17
Having worked this aircraft for 3 years some of the field reps are good,some are bad at the end of the day they do not want the aircraft stuck at there base so will try and convince you to to release it back to service use your experience and the manuals and you will be fine.As for MCC most have never worked on the aircraft.

HAWK21M
14th Sep 2011, 16:59
A New type.....so a few new procedures in place.....Your familiarization training will cover the ends....Finally its about SAFETY.
Best of luck.