PDA

View Full Version : Flash player prob?

tony draper
9th Sep 2011, 17:37
Bro Draper went to watch summat on BBC iplayer only to be confonted by a box saying he needed flash player 10.1 or higher, until this afternoon he had no problem playing iplayer progs.
Anyway went onto tinternet found the latest version of flash player and downloaded the EXE file clicked on same it tootled about for a few seconds then I get a failed to initiate message? any ideas woss up?
Tried a few times with the same result.

tony draper
10th Sep 2011, 18:58
Problem sorted,downloaded the Flash player downloader which asked which brower the machine was using, told it firefox and it did the biz no probs.
Thanks chaps.

Mr Optimistic
11th Sep 2011, 01:54
Hmmm, isn't talking about yourself in the third person a known psychological condition ?

OFSO
11th Sep 2011, 09:46
Curse of the modern world, all these different formats for playing video clips. Once upon a time there would have been only one victor and we'd all have used it, these days whatever you click on you're likely to get a similar message to that cited by the estimable Mr Draper above.

Slasher
11th Sep 2011, 13:37
I used to have the same problem Drapes, but that auto flash
updater thingy keeps it all above board now.

Agree with OFSO. Its just like the world's aviation authorities
- each has its own little profitable fiefdom instead of just one
World ATPL acceptable anywhere.

piggybank
20th Sep 2011, 08:12
Right now I am having the same problems. Before Flash player worked and now it does not. I went to the Adobe site, tried their recommendations.

Also somewhere on Pprune computer area someone recommended a direct install as the Adobe installer has a failed to initialize message. Well it downloaded fast seeming via Adobe site. No success.

I am using XP professional SP3, now Firefox 6.0.2 but FlashPlayer was not going when I came home on break a few days ago on the earlier version before update. Yes I have Adobe updater.

I also tried to update on IE but same answer on the installer.

Failed to initialize.

If I have some success I will let you know!

green granite
20th Sep 2011, 08:50
Check it's not been disabled in FF for some silly reason, >tools>addons>plugins , latest version that I've got is 10.3.183.5

Selfloading
20th Sep 2011, 08:54
You could try uninstalling Flash player
Uninstall Flash Player | Windows (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html)
and reinstalling the latest version.

piggybank
20th Sep 2011, 23:56
Ref the advice given thanks. It still does not work.

I went back to the Adobe site and checked out troubleshooting. Still no good result. Selected 'advanced' in the same page. It seems it is a known problem to Adobe and their own words they are working on it.

My son says his works good so I told him keep it that way, don't upgrade just yet. In the meantime I will see whats to be done, so many pages and websites use Flashplayer.

crewmeal
21st Sep 2011, 06:02
I have the same problem on my Android Packard Bell tablet. It won't play any of the TV channels using FF or Opera. Instead I downloaded a browser called Dolphin and it works perfectly.

The problem is Microsoft Silverlight is not compatible with Andriod.