PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Airways

Island Dreamer
8th Sep 2011, 21:50
Any news when Tiger will be operating their full, previous schedule?

Island Dreamer
13th Sep 2011, 11:08
So no chance of recruiting in the near future:rolleyes:

MainDude
2nd Oct 2011, 06:00
I've just done the assessment, got in & am busy with line training with Tiger Singapore.

My view, you have to view Tiger Singapore and Tiger Australia separately. Most of the threads on PPRuNe discuss Tiger Australia.

In Singapore:
- It's very busy, people are flying to the max, upgrades are quick and load factors are high.
- It's typical low-cost, so there's one person doing all the hiring administration. You can imagine that the hiring process is going to be less efficient/organized than it would be at a full service airline with 50 people in HR.
- Unlike 80% of the airlines out there, there is no discrimination. To quote the chief pilot "if the cat can catch the mouse, I don't care its color". There are no "cliques" either, and Singaporeans don't get any preferential treatment compared to foreigners.

- To answer the question above, the screening is straight forward. The technical interview is type-rating standard, no trick questions. If you've flown the aircraft properly for 500hrs or more, you'll know the answers. The questions seem to be designed to catch people who have fake hours, or are lazy/disinterested/unprofessional pilots.
- The sim check again is also straight forward. It models what's going to be in the Singapore CAA syllabus for pilots converting a foreign license to a Singaporean one. They check your IFR skills, radio & checklist discipline. Standard Airbus & ICAO phraseology. There's the engine out at V1, and engine out go around to check your multi-skills. There a lot of manual flying to check your handling is really up to the standard of the hours you claim to have on the aircraft. Of course, CRM is also a big factor. I didn't get any double system failures or tricky/less common failures. Really straight forward stuff.

Good luck guys!