PDA

View Full Version : EI - Three in hospital after falling ill on flight

S-crew'd
8th Sep 2011, 17:45
Hope all involved are ok -must of been a bad crew meal :}

Three in hospital after falling ill on flight (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/three-in-hospital-after-falling-ill-on-flight-2870643.html)

THREE people were taken to hospital last night after complaining of feeling ill on a flight from France to Dublin.

Two others also complained of feeling ill but they were not hospitalised after the Aer Lingus flight from Toulouse landed at 6.25pm.

A spokesman for Aer Lingus confirmed that one passenger and two cabin crew reported feeling dizzy and were taken to Beaumont Hospital as a precaution. No pilots were affected.

An investigation is now likely to be carried out to establish the circumstances behind the incident and if it gives rise to concerns.

A report will be sent to the Aer Accident Investigation Unit which will then decide if the incident requires further investigation.

It is understood that four cabin crew members as well as the elderly woman felt ill during the later stages of flight.

On arrival at Dublin Airport, all five were assessed by paramedics and the elderly woman and two cabin crew members were taken to hospital.

The cause of their illnesses was not known last night.

The aircraft had left Toulouse almost and hour later than scheduled and was originally due in Dublin at 5.30pm.

- Patrick Flynn and Brendan Farrelly

Irish Independent

NWstu
8th Sep 2011, 18:12
Awaiting the inevitable quotes from "Airplane ".

westhawk
8th Sep 2011, 18:45

Here Ya go!

What is it doctor? Rumack : I'm not sure. I haven't seen anything like this since the Anita Bryant concert. What was it we had for dinner tonight? Elaine : Well, we had a choice, steak or fish. Rumack : Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna. What did he have? Elaine : Fish . . .

Ex Cargo Clown
8th Sep 2011, 18:52

I'm sure we are all mature enough not to let it descend to that.

Anyway back to the story, I know you can get bad food poisoning, but, a Hospital? What is it?

Serenity
8th Sep 2011, 19:02
A large building where sick people go, but that's not important right now!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!! :}

stuckgear
8th Sep 2011, 19:29
How was the approach into Dublin ?

He's all over the place! Nine hundred feet up to 1300 feet. What an asshole!

danielsirrom
8th Sep 2011, 19:56
What's your Vector, Victor? Do we have clearance, Clarence? Over, Oveur.

I think that's them all done now, boy, I love that film.

I'll get my coat.

reverserunlocked
8th Sep 2011, 20:00
Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Dream Buster
8th Sep 2011, 20:07
Toxic fumes from the bleed air system could be to blame.

As many passengers and crew have found out previously to their cost.

Double Fume Event on Ryanair Flight (http://www.aerotoxic.org/news-and-articles/fume-event-incident-reports/635-double-fume-event-on-ryanair-flight)

BBC News Player - Something in the Air (http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7360000/newsid_7369800/7369837.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&bbcws=1)

Consider that:

* There are no toxic air detectors - just noses.

* Odourless toxic gases.

* No crew awareness.

oldchina
8th Sep 2011, 20:32
Na, it's the Toulouse sausage.

CelticRambler
11th Sep 2011, 08:25
There's been a spate of food poisonin incidents this week in France, mostly linked to a Proveçale dish called tapenade sold under the brand "les délices de Marie-Claire". Probably not linked, but you never know ...

Sunnyjohn
11th Sep 2011, 13:13
It was probably a pressurisation issue due to a faulty door:

From Aviation Herald, Thursday, Sep 8th 2011 13:32Z

An Aer Lingus Airbus A320-200, registration EI-DEG performing flight EI-533 from Toulouse (France) to Dublin (Ireland), was on approach to Dublin when the crew requested paramedics meet the aircraft to take care of an eldery female passenger with a cardiac history, who was now on oxygen, and four cabin crew. The aircraft continued to Dublin for a safe landing on runway 28. The passenger and 2 cabin crew were taken to a hospital.

The airline confirmed a passenger and two cabin crew were taken to a hospital because of feeling dizzy.

The flight crew advised ground crew that they had donned their oxygen masks requiring the oxygen bottles to be replaced. One of the doors needed attention as it could not be normally closed.