View Full Version : FCPP Rep of Congo

500 above
8th Sep 2011, 11:20
Hi all

Has anyone been to FCPP, Pointe Noire recently. I'm looking for handling/Jet A1 availability and also possible hotac advice.

Thanks

His dudeness
8th Sep 2011, 11:42
Try the african forum as well.

500 above
8th Sep 2011, 11:48
Will do. Thanks.

mystere-falcon
8th Sep 2011, 16:53
no problem with jetA1, usually cheaper with colt or world fuel, handling is slow and useless...
for the hotel my favorite is villa madiba, expensive but brand new with a nice seaview, if you rather go in the city center victory palace hotel is nice, next to a good bakery for catering.

500 above
8th Sep 2011, 18:19
Merci Mystere

Do you happen to know the name of the handlers there?

The villa madiba sounds good.

Opsbeatch
9th Sep 2011, 12:54
World Fuel use JetEx there, worth shopping around.

OB

jeff spicoli
14th Sep 2011, 03:03
bring a lot of extra cash, and Vics Vapor Rub, to make things move along "smoothly"...
expect frustrating ATC and frustrating handling.
enjoy your time there, but make sure your security aparatus is in line.

Rusty Trombone
14th Sep 2011, 21:30
Just a thought I was there 6 months ago, expect nothing better than useless handling. ensure you have your flight plan written down on departure sheet.

As for Fuel not sure what your operating but get a Sample real low grade fuel being pumped.

Other than be careful and expect nothing special, make sure your RADAR TCAS and HF are all working correctly you will need it as the ATC will be at best poor for keeping you out of trouble. I go to FZZA regular and its not pretty:8

taq511
15th Sep 2011, 08:44
Hi,
first choice Hotel is Villa Madiba. It's the Air France Crew Hotel. 5 Stars European Standard and exellent Sushi. But if Air France is in Town, no Rooms. Second Choice, Atlantic Palace Hotel.
Cheers.