PDA

View Full Version : Blocked??

tony draper
8th Sep 2011, 07:05
Below is a link to the Mouth of the Tyne webcams through which one oft watches the ships entering me river.
,I use to be able to right click on em and save a still picture to my puter but since I installed win7 and started using internet explora again, I get a message saying it is blocked,it is only this one website that does this,I can frinstance open the firefox browser and copy stills as described above until the cows come home,is there a particular reason for this? tiz not of vital importance one is just curious.
Webcams (http://www.jamescott.webspace.virginmedia.com/Links/webcams.html)
Sorry I should have added tiz only the two webcams covering the Tynemouth longsands that are blocked,
the exact message is thus
The filetype being copied or retrieved has been blocked
:)

Spurlash2
8th Sep 2011, 09:01
Hi Tony,

Do you get the Information Bar at the top of the page with the message in it?

If so, you should be able to acknowledge the warning with a yes or no, and carry on. Possible cause could be Internet security settings; see link below for the full monty.

THIS (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Internet-Explorer-Information-bar-frequently-asked-questions) link gives a run down of all the Info bar messages.

tony draper
8th Sep 2011, 09:58
No tiz a small box that appears right in the middle of the picture,tried getting round by the usual means just out of bloody mindedness with no joy,as I said tiz not important it just arroused one's curiosity.
:)
Looking at properties of the longsands webcam output it states it is a PL file whatever that is
safeImage PL
Tiz a puzzle

Shack37
8th Sep 2011, 10:40
I get a similar message when trying to copy photos sent to my orange webmail address, usually odd or funnies from friends which I'd like to save and/or send on. If I try to use the fwd facility only the text arrives at destination with the pictures showing as pale blue squares.

green granite
8th Sep 2011, 10:57
Mr D, a simple work-around for this and indeed all images that are blovked from copying is to use the 'snipping tool'

Open explorer, >windows>system32 scroll down to snipping tool.exe, right click on it and select 'pin to task bar'

Then whenever you want to copy anything on the screen, just click on the icon and select the area you want.

spannersatcx
8th Sep 2011, 18:38
or press prt screen!

green granite
8th Sep 2011, 18:52
or press prt screen!

If you do that you get the lot instead of just the bit you want which means you need to post-process it, so you might as well get the right bit to start with.

Mike-Bracknell
8th Sep 2011, 20:48
If you do that you get the lot instead of just the bit you want which means you need to post-process it, so you might as well get the right bit to start with.

...unless the webcam itself is in a self-contained window, in which case ALT + PrintScreen captures just the active window itself and not the full screen.

green granite
8th Sep 2011, 21:05
Indeed, but in this particular case it doesn't I'm afraid.

giggitygiggity
9th Sep 2011, 00:56
You use Firefox, right? Possible solution...

Goto tools, then options and then content and uncheck "enable javascript". This should do it, but remember check it again afterwards or else, your websites won't load correctly.

handsfree
12th Sep 2011, 16:37
Just tried on my system Mr D and it works as per normal.
I'm running Vista and using Firefox.

I've just clicked on image properties and there a little box on there to tick if you want to block images from Tynemouth Online (http://www.tynemouth.org.uk)
Perhaps worth checking that isn't ticked. May of course be different on W7.

Spurlash2
12th Sep 2011, 21:04
Tony,

I'm on a Win 7 laptop and IE9 at the mo.

I am getting the same message as your OP.

A workround (if the Snipping Tool doesn't float your boat - did you see what I did, there?)

Right click the pic, and select email picture. I did that and opened up my email prog and the pic is there as an attachment.
...or B) do the Snipping Tool...