PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair Future?

hkguy
6th Sep 2011, 02:10
I have been looking at the DragonAir/KA Cadet Programme, but have a 5 year wait before I get my HK Permanent ID.

Is it true that DragonAir/KA is slowly on its way out? From what I have read on these forums it sounds like it is slowly being Cathay-ised until there will be nothing left.

If the two airlines miraculously become just CX, what will happen to the pilots? Will short-haul stick with short-haul and the same for the existing CX long-haulers?

The reason I am considering waiting for the DragonAir/KA scheme is I think the work/life balance will suit me better, but it is a bit of a gamble to wait 5 years if the future of the airline is uncertain.

In your opinion do you think the total merging of the two (read - takeover by CX) would mean the death of the KA cadet programme, or actually increase the need, albeit with a new name, due to a renewed financial backing and confidence by CX?

It sounds like DragonAir/KA are continuing to take on a large number of cadets so I am guessing they are either confident about their future, not thinking long-term, or maybe even doing it to keep shareholder confidence up?