PDA

View Full Version : Mouse grounds jet

ross_M
5th Sep 2011, 19:00
Mouse grounds jet (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/09/mouse-halts-nepal-to-thailand-flight/1)

Everything was going peachy on a Nepal Airlines Boeing 757 at the international airport in Katmandu earlier today until a furry critter upset the balance of things.

A mouse darted out of the pantry and made its way toward the back of the plane, Fox Television reports. At that point, the crew did the only thing that made sense - they cancelled the flight that was to have travelled to Bangkok, Thailand, until they could find the fleet-footed rodent.

Unlike most passengers, who reach their plane via the terminal and security, the mouse likely boarded the plane via a food catering truck, airline spokesman Raju K.C. told the Associated Press.

The crew towed the jet to a hangar and evacuated the passengers, who did not see the critter. The plane will not hit the skies again until the mouse is found, the airline told the Associated Press.

Shack37
5th Sep 2011, 21:34
If they'd left the little fella alone he could have eaten around the holes in the cheese and they would never line up.

Chuchinchow
7th Sep 2011, 01:43
Mouse grounds jet

I do hope you are not referring to a member of BA cabin crew who used to post here frequently (and often stridently) during the recent "troubles" at that airline?

ross_M
7th Sep 2011, 02:34
I do hope you are not referring to a member of BA cabin crew who used to post here frequently

Did she have whiskers?

osmosis
7th Sep 2011, 05:11
Is this normal fare in this land, to ground the aircraft for such a thing? Another lifetime, another continent, another aircraft... and me stirring up the oil in a 188 one winters morning when I felt something on my shin. Looked down and stared eye to eye with a little mouse who probably crawled in there to escape the cold. Wouldn't be the first time methinks.