PDA

View Full Version : working on a F/A book

stepwilk
5th Sep 2011, 18:24
I'm a pilot usually frequenting the Rumours/News and Aviation Nostalgia forums, so it's my first time here.

A photographer friend and I--his name is Bruce McAllister, he's done half a dozen very successful large-format aviation books, the most recent one on the DC-3/C-47--are doing a book on the history of flight attendants, particularly the 1960s-and-earlier era, when they of course were called stewardesses.

Question: can anybody come up with the names of famous and/or wealthy men who married stewardesses? Doesn't matter how old--or even dead--they are.

VS-LHRCSA
5th Sep 2011, 20:14
One of Australia's previous Prime Ministers, Paul Keating married a KLM flight attendant.

CornishFlyer
5th Sep 2011, 22:02
Kelsey Grammar married one too

flugholm
5th Sep 2011, 22:42
Audie Murphy and Pamela Archer.
Robert de Niro and Grace Hightower.
Niki Lauda and Birgit Wetzinger.
Cristo and Jeanne Claude.
Andy Brehme and Pilar.
Sultan Tengku Ahmad Shah and Julita Aishah Abdul Latif.
Michael Middleton and Carole.
Roman Abramovich and Irina.

And presumably a few more... :zzz:

500 above
6th Sep 2011, 08:05
Don't know if it counts, Richard Branson's mum was a Dak air hostess.

I know a few pilots who 'keep' books on them! :)

vctenderness
6th Sep 2011, 09:02
I once flew with a Stewardess who told me her ambition was to meet and marry World Champion snooker player Steve Davis - and she did!!

Also footballing legend an d 1966 world cup hero Bobby Moore was married to BA stewardess Stephanie Parlane.

suninmyeyes
6th Sep 2011, 18:38
George Best

stepwilk
6th Sep 2011, 21:44
Thank you all for your responses!

EISNN
6th Sep 2011, 22:52
In Ireland. Dermot Desmond a very successful businessman and very generous contributor to society and charity married an Aer Lingus hostess.

Jackbr
7th Sep 2011, 06:56
Australian cricketer Glenn McGrath's now deceased wife Jane was a Virgin Atlantic Flight Attendant

tinkerbell200
8th Sep 2011, 07:27
Greg Norman's (golfer) ex wife Laura was also a F/A

blue____
10th Sep 2011, 10:46
Former Greek Prime Minister, Andreas Papandreou, divorced his wife at the age of 70, to get married to a glamorous Olympic Airways flight attendant, Ms Dimitra Liani, in 1989.. Big scandal in the country! But he died happy 7 years later..

vctenderness
11th Sep 2011, 13:17
But he died happy 7 years later.. As did Olympic Airways:E

Commuting Pilot
11th Sep 2011, 20:45
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, The Sultan of Brunei. His second wife was an Air Stewardess...