PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, 40% of Europeans are dain bramaged

bugg smasher
5th Sep 2011, 19:01
Go figure...

Nearly 40 percent of Europeans suffer mental illness - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/nearly-40-pct-europeans-suffer-mental-illness-230827577.html)

DX Wombat
5th Sep 2011, 19:12
Please do not confuse brain damage with mental illness, they are two totally separate conditions. A brain damaged person may suffer from a mental illness and someone with mental illness may have brain damage but they are not the same thing and a person may have just one of the two conditions without ever developing the other. Here endeth today's medical lesson. ;)

Cacophonix
5th Sep 2011, 19:37
Here endeth today's medical lesson.

Damn it and I just wanted to get started! Diggedy! ;)

Caco

G-CPTN
5th Sep 2011, 19:42
a brain disorder such as depression, anxiety, insomnia or dementia,
. .. ... . .

DX Wombat
Caco feel free to carry on regardless. :)

bugg smasher
C'mon DX, this could be a great thread...

Um... lifting...
5th Sep 2011, 19:45
Chickens in a coop suffer mental illness, too... it's what comes from piling people (or chickens) atop one another.

Cacophonix
5th Sep 2011, 19:45
a brain disorder such as depression, anxiety, insomnia or dementia

Cheer up G-CPTN! Look on the bright side... At least you aren't American or a dull Brit.

With respect to Bugg who is American and clearly is a nice guy! :ok:

Caco

DX Wombat
5th Sep 2011, 19:46
Or, worse still, a Yorkshireman. :E

bugg smasher
5th Sep 2011, 19:46
I think we're well over 60% ...

Rossian
5th Sep 2011, 19:50
.....kicks off with words to the effect that"a recent study shows....." you KNOW, you just KNOW is BS. File 13 is in the bottom drawer.

The Ancient Mariner

Cacophonix
5th Sep 2011, 19:55
With respect Bugg, here is a bug who did suffer from depression. Don Marquis' Archie... I don't think he was brain damaged, just depressed! :)

(Basically a typical PPRuNer)...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/First_drawing_of_Archy.gif/220px-First_drawing_of_Archy.gif

THEY ARE THE MOST UNLIKELY OF FRIENDS: Archy is a cockroach with the soul of a poet, and Mehitabel is an alley cat with a celebrated past -- she claims she was Cleopatra in a previous life. Together, cockroach and cat are the foundation of one of the most engaging collections of light poetry to come out of the twentieth century.

"expression is the need of my soul," declares Archy, who labored as a free-verse poet in an earlier incarnation. At night, alone, he dives furiously on the keys of Don Marquis' typewriter to describe a cockroach's view of the world, rich with cynicism and humor. It's difficult enough to operate the typewriter's return bar to get a fresh line of paper; all of Archy's dispatches are written lowercase, and without punctuation, because he is unable to hit both shift and letter keys to produce a capital letter.

Archy and Mehitabel (http://www.donmarquis.com/archy/)

Caco

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 20:25
Those the Gods wish to destroy they first make join the EU.:rolleyes:

Sciolistes
6th Sep 2011, 05:30
How long before it will be 51%?

Adam Nams
6th Sep 2011, 05:39
Doesn't affect me, cos im a horse.

bob johns
6th Sep 2011, 06:35
Agree Tony, and the wide awake, all seeing mental pygmies that, for the time being, run OZ want to set up an Asia Pacific Union ----The mind boggles !

BombayDuck
6th Sep 2011, 08:18
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

tony draper
6th Sep 2011, 08:31
The Moon does not have a darkside.:=

BombayDuck
6th Sep 2011, 10:16
....it's all dark?

tony draper
6th Sep 2011, 10:41
No every square foot of the moon basks in sunshine during its day and shivers in darkness during its night,same as the Erf does though its day being about 14 of our days long and its night likewise,Mr Moon rotates on his axis once during each orbit of the Earth thus showing both his face and arse to Mr Sun.
Ergo it has no Darkside as such
:)

Storminnorm
6th Sep 2011, 11:50
Dammit! I always thought that only one side of the Moon
ever faced the Sun.
Perpetual sunshine or perpetual freezing darkness on the
other side.

MadsDad
6th Sep 2011, 11:55
The Moon does not have a darkside.

Oh yes it does, just like the Earth has a dark (night) and light (day) sides. It's the side that isn't currently facing the sun. Just the darkside varies according to the time of the Lunar day.

ArthurR
6th Sep 2011, 11:55
Damn Mr Drapes, Pink Floyd will have to change the album title now, But "Alternating Faces of the Moon", just don't have the same ring.

Cacophonix
6th Sep 2011, 12:14
Mr Draper is right. There is more of a far side of the moon than a dark side.

The far side gets sunlight around 50% of the time and that taken with the fact that 40% of Europeans are drain damaged just goes to show that you can prove anything with stats...

BMQdtyot38s

tony draper
6th Sep 2011, 12:31
there is a very simple way to demostrate this at parties and other such venues where increadably ill informed ale fuddled people are to be found who believe the moon has a darkside
Someone stands in the middle of the room, he is the Earth, someone else stands agin the wall,looking at Mr Earth, he or indeed she is the Sun, you stand a few feet away from the bloke in the middle of the room (Earth)facing him(you are the Moon),now you shuffle sideways around him always keeping yer face toward him doing a complete circle,he will have seen nowt but your frontside,the chap or chapess on the other hand who is again agin the wall(the Sun will have observed all sides of you as you did your shuffling orbit of Mr Earth,ergo had the agin the wall chap been a thermonuclear furnace all sides of you would have been bathed in his radiation glow.
I say again, the Moon does not have a Darkside.:=

Cacophonix
6th Sep 2011, 12:36
there is a very simple way to demostrate this at parties and other such venues where increadably ill informed ale fuddle people are to be found who believe the moon has a darkside
Someone stands in the middle of the room, he is the Earth, someone else stands agin the wall,looking at Mr Earth, he or indeed she is the Sun, you stand a few feet away from the bloke in the middle of the room (Earth)facing him(you are the Moon),now you shuffle sideways around him always keeping yer face toward him doing a complete circle,he will have seen nowt but your frontside,the chap or chapess on the other hand who is again agin the wall(the Sun will have observed all sides of you as you did your shuffling orbit of Mr Earth,ergo had the agin the wall chap been a thermonuclear furnace all sides of you would have been bathed in his radiation glow.
I say again, the Moon does not have a Darkside.

Mr D, parties at your place must go with a swing! ;)

Sure beats blind man's buff or charades!

Your description is, of course, bang on! :ok:

http://www.wingmakers.co.nz/images/phases_small.jpe

tony draper
6th Sep 2011, 12:39
One feels it part of one's duty as a prooner to edumacate folks.
:rolleyes:

bugg smasher
6th Sep 2011, 13:11
This is outright lunacy, I tell you...

BombayDuck
6th Sep 2011, 13:15
One feels upset that one's Pink Floyd quotations get turned into an astronomy lesson by the First Sea Lord! :{

Cacophonix
6th Sep 2011, 13:18
Brain Damage
(Waters)

The lunatic is on the grass.
The lunatic is on the grass.
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.
Got to keep the loonies on the path.

The lunatic is in the hall.
The lunatics are in my hall.
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too

The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes

"I can't think of anything to say except...
I think it's marvelous! HaHaHa!"

PwNYqHRHUOQ

BombayDuck
6th Sep 2011, 14:35
Cacophonix

Slightly late, aren't we? ;)

Cacophonix
6th Sep 2011, 14:40
Slightly late, aren't we?

We brain damaged never catch up Bombay! ;)

Caco

ChristiaanJ
6th Sep 2011, 18:09
David Nutt, a neuropsychopharmacology expertIt's not just his family name, but also his 'job description' that should tell you enough....

Nurse, I don't want Mr Nut's pills anymore.

CJ

ChristiaanJ
6th Sep 2011, 18:16
Caco,
Many thanks for the post WITH the lyrics.
New to me.

CJ

ehwatezedoing
6th Sep 2011, 18:19
ah yes! herrr...Sorry, waht are we takling abtou here !?

tony draper
6th Sep 2011, 18:34
Shoes and ships and sealing wax cabbages and kings.:rolleyes: