PDA

View Full Version : A Jet Lag App That Works !?

6BlueSky8
5th Sep 2011, 14:57
If Steve Jobs of Apple computers asked for your input on the following question what would your answer be?

I'm commissioning an App for Jet Lag, if it could do just one thing for you in your battle to beat jet lag what one thing would it be?

glider12000
6th Sep 2011, 17:32
Already kind of exists..

App Store - CrewAlert (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/crewalert/id391351389?mt=8)

Shows when you will be tired based on your roster so you can work around it..

Mr Angry from Purley
7th Sep 2011, 17:50
Glider
Just a note of caution in that the sleep scientists don't recommend this

Basil
11th Sep 2011, 12:46
Wouldn't a bit of simple arithmetic plus a GMT window on your watch do the trick?

One thing I did on layover was sleep when tired. If you try to fit sleep in with your roster and are unable to drop off then you will be REALLY tired :zzz:

atmosphere
13th Sep 2011, 17:36
Make it free!!

I am not paying £13.99 for an app to tell me when I will be tired!!

I can look at my roster and see a Tokyo 4 day trip followed by 2 days off then a 3 day trip to the states I know I am going to be tired, no app in the world will tell me anything I won't already know!

The only way to 100% beat jetlag is not to fly, and I have bills to pay!

welshboy1982
14th Sep 2011, 20:45
Do you really need an app to tell you when you are tired?!

lynn789
1st Oct 2011, 22:41
to bed with a big dose of painkillers and sleeping pills, age 70 pax:ugh:

tubby linton
2nd Oct 2011, 19:08
Mr Angry why do they not recommend the App and can you provide evidence please? i have been using it for 6 months and find that it is correct about 75% of the time but some of the suggested sleep windows are unrealistic.

Dawdler
3rd Oct 2011, 09:22
When a driver of an HGV at my son's company fell asleep at the wheel, all drivers were called to an interview to discuss the matter. The colleague who shared my son's interview (they were usually done in twos or threes) put the interviewer immediately and directly on the spot by posing the question: "What apart from telling us to get enough sleep are you going to say to us that will prevent us dozing off whilst driving?"

Sadly the interviewer was stumped by that one, he was obviously just as ill-prepared for the meeting as was the driver who crashed, for a night's driving.

Mr Angry from Purley
5th Oct 2011, 19:54
Tubby
The Scientists at the ICAO Symposium on FRMS in Montreal were all of the view that the App is just 1 way of managing fatigue but shouldn't be used in isolation.
:\