PDA

View Full Version : Stockpiling guns?

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 10:06
Sky News is giving it large about a stockpile of guns they helped track down in a rubbish bin under a tower block in the Smoke somewhere,two ancient flintlock pistols,one of them sans pan from what I can see two veri pistols and one ancient what looks like a Tranter cap and ball pistol,looks more like someones dumped grandads wall ornaments than a stash in preparation for the revolution.
Armed police officer made the weapons safe,jezus wept! who are they kidding.
:confused:

Checkboard
5th Sep 2011, 10:32
"Made the weapons safe" - does that mean refurbished them so that they are safe to fire without blowing up in your face? ;)

corsair
5th Sep 2011, 10:53
I have to say that is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Also pathetic. A bunch of obsolete guns treated as if they were a stash of Glocks and AKs. I'm not sure of the laws relating to those type of firearms but I don't even think you need a licence?

Both Skynews and the Police made fools of themselves with this one. Not for the first time either. The initial text was all very well. For all they knew they were modern guns. But once it was established that they were antiques and still carry on as if they were a danger to society and come out with nonsense that this 'made the community a bit safer' is truly asinine.

Besides they were in a bin. What are bins for? When is bin day in that part of London? Wednesday? Obviously the riot was scheduled for Tuesday!

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 11:08
Always puzzled me when these clips of these gun amnesties are proudly paraded,some chubby constable dropping a perfectly legal air rifles or pistols or black powder Jazzeels into a bin along with other assorted perfectly legal antique pistols and other wall ornaments.
Sky News should be done for wasting Police time.
:uhoh:

HuntandFish
5th Sep 2011, 11:12
Agree with the coments , the guns are probably legal without firearms or shotgun certificate .
I had a look at the comments on Sky News Website and they show that people aint rational when guns are mentioned

Lon More
5th Sep 2011, 11:28
Maybe from the Old IRAnians?

stuckgear
5th Sep 2011, 12:19
Perhaps TD, it indicates a shift in innercity gang culture.

Instead of taking pot shots at each other outside Southern Fried Chicken on a Saturday night, they intend to settle post code wars by demanding satisfaction with flintlock pistols at dawn on Peckham Rye Common.

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 13:08
No doubt my generation of urchins could have got those flintlocks to function and let forth lead but this present lot of hooded illiterate retards? one suspects not.
:rolleyes:

phnuff
5th Sep 2011, 13:11
Lock Stock and two smoking barrels II ?

WhatsaLizad?
5th Sep 2011, 19:23
Your little island is overrun by a bunch of insane fools. :eek:

How much more screwed up can the majority of the citizens get?

stuckgear
5th Sep 2011, 19:43
Your little island is overrun by a bunch of insane fools. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif

How much more screwed up can the majority of the citizens get?

The envelope has already been pushed.. how much more ? well that's the question !

galaxy flyer
5th Sep 2011, 19:52
This is as opposed to a friend who has thirty, yes 3-0, fully automatic weapons at home. Yes, all registered and legal. Fun days when he comes to the range, except for all the reloading later.

That's stockpiling guns.

GF

Tankertrashnav
5th Sep 2011, 20:06
Small point, but whereas flintlock and Tranter pistols are perfectly legal without any form of certificate in the UK (I've got one of each at home) Verey pistols most certainly aren't. As I understand, some yachties have them, but they have to be kept in a locked cabinet on board, and a licence is required to buy cartridges.

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 20:10
There were any amount of veri pistols about the place after the two wars,we had a classy brass one here,dunno what happened to it,they were good swap items so I probably swapped it for some superman comics.
:)
I dont think any kind of certificate is required for weapons of obsolete caliber,but they way things are these days I could be wrong,
:(

con-pilot
5th Sep 2011, 20:11
This kind of reminds me of some of the episodes of the "Cops" show. They will have ten or more cops, all dressed in black wearing armor, invade some house, a suspected 'drug' house. Then at the end the cops will be high five-ing each other for this great drug bust:

A couple of guns, maybe two hundred dollars and a few very small bags of drugs. :p

Yeah, sure took some real heavy drug dealers off the street there guys. :rolleyes: