PDA

View Full Version : Alleged Flat Tyre

Minimbah
5th Sep 2011, 04:16
Following from transcribed from Facebook. Sanitised to protect privacy.

"Person 1. My faith in the airline industry has still not been restored. Tell me why a passenger had to point out that the tyre was flat???? A "engineer" was called, he kicked the tyre and must have decided it was tooooo much trouble to change it cause we took off AND landed with a flat tyre... Sheesh...

Person 2. Which airline now do I need to avoid???

Person 1. That was Qantas. Engine failure on Rex in March. Virgin is the only way. Have a friend working with Virgin and she said they r top notch. They put all their $ back into the planes... The others, not so much... And it shows ....

Person 3. It was only flat on the bottom, be fair!"

No, I don't know the origin of the (domestic) flight concerned and yes it is only the opinion of an occasional SLF. It's the impression it left on that person by the airline and its staff and that the person was PO'd enough to put it on Facebook which is a concern - or it should be for the airline management concerned.

I am not commenting here on "how flat" the tyre was or whether it was safe to fly with it that way - I don't know. I am commenting on the impression left on the passenger(s).

KABOY
5th Sep 2011, 04:27
And another impression a flight will leave on a passenger:

It was my worst flight ever, the plane landed so hard the baggage locker opened! My friend told me it was because their pilots are not well trained!

So we all have impressions but why does this justify posting, if you have some evidence of the situation please share but otherwise it is garbage.

rmcdonal
5th Sep 2011, 04:30
So the airline should have changed a perfectly good tyre just to appease a pax who though it was flat? Possibly delaying a flight by 30+ or so min for no reason? What kind of impression would that have left on the remaining Pax?

Splitpin44
5th Sep 2011, 04:41
If an engineer has looked at the tyre and declared it serviceable then its good to go. End of story.

If the tyre had any kind of problem or was worn to limits it would have been changed.

This is what happens when people go getting "impressions" on things they know nothing about.