PDA

View Full Version : Aeronautical University

Phantomas21
4th Sep 2011, 20:51
Hello!
I am interested in finding an aeronautical university in USA where I will attend a master degree programm and also complete there my aeroplane and helicopter training (in the university). I would like you to suggest me the most appropriate and suitable master degree for a professional pilot. Do you have any university to suggest me that offers training on planes and helis, and also the master degree I mentioned above?
Thank you in advance

Genghis the Engineer
5th Sep 2011, 06:18
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - World's Leader in Aviation and Aerospace Education (http://www.erau.edu)

G

Phantomas21
5th Sep 2011, 12:20
About Erau I have read that is the most famous aeronautical college in the world but it provides only fame and not such good level of studies.
Anyway, do you have any programm (master) to suggest? I am not interested in any specifically. I would like only the best and most suitable for my CV.

Genghis the Engineer
5th Sep 2011, 22:57
What do you want it for?

An impressive CV is only impressive for the particular job that it suits you for.

The only job that really wants an MSc and CPL/ATPL is test flying. For that, go to NTPS (www.ntps.edu), after you've got your CPL, and do their MSc in Flight Test. It will cost you a great deal of money, but open up some fantastic jobs.

The only comparable course to that worldwide would be the MSc in Flight Mechanics at Cranfield University in the UK. Cranfield University itself does not offer flying training, but Cranfield airfield does - certainly fixed wing and I think rotary, to any level you wish. If you try and do a Cranfield MSc and a CPL at the same time, almost certainly you'll fail both. Do one, then the other. The schools at Cranfield will almost certainly only offer JAA training, so unless you can work in Europe, don't do your flying training there.

If you simply wish to be a commercial pilot, you don't need any degree. Don't waste your time and money.

If you are convinced, wrongly in my opinion, that a degree will benefit that career, go to ERAU where you will do an FAA CPL and a mediocre degree. So long as you can work in FAAland, you'll be fine. But you still don't need the degree, although USians like the population of some other semi-third world countries do sometimes believe that a degree has value, regardless of any evidence (such as stupidity of the holder or irrelevance of the subject) to the contrary.

If you want to be a commercial pilot moving into management, do an MBA or MSc in Air Transport Management, most likely after your fATPL at a conventional commercial school

G

Phantomas21
6th Sep 2011, 14:21
Which of these courses is that, that you suggest me? Course Schedule and Costs (http://www.ntps.edu/information/course-scedule-a-costs)

Genghis the Engineer
8th Sep 2011, 09:28
I'm not suggesting anything, at least not without your giving some indication of your career aspirations. Without that to work with, I would not trust anybody else's advice either.

G