PDA

View Full Version : a320 type rating

shon7
4th Sep 2011, 17:42
Anyone have an ideas/suggestions on places for a A320 type rating (initial) and costs involved.

CaptainProp
4th Sep 2011, 19:08
Try these guys:

PSB Business & Commercial Pilot Discount Simulator Training (http://www.pilotsimbrokers.com/)

cyrilroy21
4th Sep 2011, 19:16
If you are looking to get into IndiGo i would suggest CAE Bangalore or CAE Kuala Lumpur

Look here

Training centres | Airbus, a leading aircraft manufacturer (http://www.airbus.com/support/training/training-centres/)

Zap320
5th Sep 2011, 00:41
If ur looking for a place here in the states you could try PANAM training center in Miami. They have a pretty good deal right now.

Pan Am Academy: Schedule of Boeing 737 and Airbus 320 Classes (http://www.panamacademy.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=175)

livetokill22
11th Sep 2011, 12:14
Is multiple engine endorsement necessary for A320 type rating?

I just have c152 & 172 hours.

Jaz and the Fat Man
11th Sep 2011, 13:16
Getting a type rating is like anything else, you get what you pay for. A course with no fixed base training, on an aircraft like the 320, will have you shaking your head, with a ticket in your hand wondering what just happened. After investigating the majority of the courses in the USA, Aerosim stood out as having the most comprehensive available. 36 hours of fixed base training with 24 hours of full flight, is what they offer and in my opinion is the bare minimum to be competent when you leave. The other courses I checked out didn't have any Fixed base so all the computer practice is being done while trying to fly the sim, and that's a tough nut. For guys with less than 500 tt, they also offer a commercial course in Florida, which I think is required with the FAA. That said, the 9k ticket from Pan Am is cheap and your in and out of the door with a rating in your pocket, shaking your head wondering.......

Jaz and the Fat Man
11th Sep 2011, 13:21
Yes, most countries require a multi rating prior to getting a type in an aircraft like the 320. You can, however do it on a private certificate, it doesn't need to be a commercial certificate. It will follow you as you get a commercial and ATPL with no further checks. At least, in the USA.

mach5
11th Sep 2011, 13:23
yes you require multi engine rating , 25 hrs total out of which 15hrs actual multi engine flying is required , this is the requirement is of airbus but I know people who done their rating on A320 with just 10hrs actual flying on multi engine and the rest on simulators, even some airlines recruit chaps with 10hrs multi , I heard that they give some extra hrs on A320 simulator to compensate the actual flying of multi engine.

niksmathew24
11th Sep 2011, 17:14
I know this guy who did his SE CPL from NZ..His first Multi Engine flight was on a 9W ATR!!:E

AviatorVette
11th Sep 2011, 19:15
Would be wiser to get a rating from CAE center in Malaysia / Dubai / Madrid as opposed to bangalore? People have recommended that I do not do my rating in India due to DGCA being involved in it ( 320 technical paper ) Dgca examiners etc. Is it really not worth doing it in India?

captbisdak
11th Sep 2011, 22:41
I am also in the middle of license renewal (here in the Philippines) and was shopping around for an A320 type rating outfit and I agree with you regards Aerosim. However, they required me to obtain a full FAA CPL/IR before the course start. I know I've come across 2 companies' website that allowed the type rating on a PPL ticket and can't seem to dig up their sites. Since I plan to do my flying here in the Philippines, the FAA ticket would have made little use to me (although I did most of my training in the US pre-9/11).

Do you recall which organizations allow the A320 training on a PPL? I know that a foreign license conversion to a FAA PPL is just paperwork so I am planning to obtain a Phil CPL/IR/ME here in the Philippines and do the A320 in the US using the converted PPL ticket. Many Thanks.

AviaSmart
19th Sep 2012, 05:11
Hello, I have done my A 320 type rating. I dnt have an Indian license yet. I want to convert my FAA license to Indian License with A 320 endorsement on it. I have done my CPL on C-172 and PA-34. Do I need to do my recency on PA-34 also in order to obtain ME add on CPL or I could only endorse C-172 on Indian license and directly endorse the A- 320????

Is multi required before getting an endorsement of A 320 on Indian license???

RP-C000
19th Sep 2012, 07:08
For DGCA type ratings there is no need for multi engine.

AAG delivers 320 tr in Clark based on DGCA regs. Airbus 320 Pilot Type Rating Course DGCA India | Alpha Aviation Group (http://www.alphaaviationgroup.com/academies/philippines/courses-on-offer/airbus-320-pilot-type-rating-course-caap/)