PDA

View Full Version : Wikileaks - full release cable searches

breakfastburrito
3rd Sep 2011, 23:03
If you are interested in the search the full suite of cables released last week, a new tool has been released: US Cable Browser (http://cables.mrkva.eu/).

Here are few "Pre-Canned" searches, feel free to do your own (search rule instructions are on the web site):

Cable search: Qantas (http://cables.mrkva.eu/index.php?subject=&identifier=&keywords=qantas&tags=&embassy=-1&classification=-1&after=&before=&do=search&start=0)
Cable Search: Virgin: Embassy Canberra (http://cables.mrkva.eu/index.php?subject=&identifier=&keywords=virgin&tags=&embassy=159&classification=-1&after=&before=&do=search&start=0)
Cable Search: "AUSTRALIAN CIVIL AVIATION" (http://cables.mrkva.eu/index.php?subject=&identifier=&keywords=%22AUSTRALIAN+CIVIL+AVIATION%22&tags=&embassy=-1&classification=-1&after=&before=&do=search&start=0)

I've only had a preliminary look, feel free to post more searches and any interesting cables you find.

grip-pipe
4th Sep 2011, 02:56
Bugger all really, apart from 'Teflon Tony' Alabanese having confidential lunches with the Yanks in Sydney and telling them how stuffed the economy is and deficits for years to come are the way they are going to go. Must be something to do with the way the NSW Right ALP do business, seeing Senator Arbib was also a friendly visitor with lots of info as previous Wikileaks have revealed.

Basically CASA does not rate a mention, which shows you how important they really are in the greater scheme of things. Only a CASA Dep Director revealed making an ass of himself whiteanting the Ministers Office.

gobbledock
5th Sep 2011, 02:20
I like the below link:

US embassy cable - 10CANBERRA24 (http://cables.mrkva.eu/cable.php?id=243042)

Maybe AJ will take a read. There is nothing outstanding in the commentary except for this comment (in reference to the Vietnam QF Executive drama) -"Like the Stern Hu case, it will generate reflection on the risks of doing business in countries with vastly different values and political systems".
Hope you have done your Asian expansion risk assessments Alan.

Up-into-the-air
2nd Nov 2012, 03:30
Interesting article by Ben Sandilands on the Israel situation this week. I wonder what the real underlying situation in Australia really is and the number of un-resolved matters between the FAA/ casa and ICAO.

I understand there were 2600 non-compliance's!!

Reference to Ben's Article:

US rehabilitates Israeli air safety, a lesson for Australia | Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2012/11/02/us-rehabilities-israeli-air-safety-a-lesson-for-australia/#comment-14035)

Wonder if there has been a press release by casa???

PLovett
2nd Nov 2012, 06:40
Just read Ben's article. I was aware of the FAA audit previously and that Australia had failed it but I wasn't aware that it was a lobbying effort that kept things going.

Israel is far more important to the USA than Australia yet they failed to convince the FAA that they should be given another chance. I wonder what Australia said that convinced them?

I would have thought that CASA/ATSB/Airservices would be desperately trying to keep it as hidden as possible given the spotlight being thrown around in the Senate at present.

gobbledock
2nd Nov 2012, 10:25
Israel is far more important to the USA than Australia yet they failed to convince the FAA that they should be given another chance. I wonder what Australia said that convinced them?
That is easy. The spin doctors and lawyers came out and dazzled the FAA with an array of circus tricks. High level talks took place, pony pooh commitments put to paper and spreadsheets including allocated funds to improve Inspector training and other assorted smoke n mirror tricks were used.
The FAA came back, were bedazzled by the 'robust looking measures' introduced by CASA' then walked away happy as a politician at a trough! They walked out the door, allocated funds were shifted, training scaled back or 'diverted' elsewhere and so the cycles goes. It is nothing short of a game, a game that has been played well for eons by those ingrained for decades in Fort Fumbles walls.

The FAA bollocking is nothing new, and Willyleaks published material a lot of us already knew, however back in 2009 mainstream media was not interested. Their attention was on all those Rollers continuing to break over at the Rat. Why do you think the FAA came out sniffing around in the first place? Getting the picture? Putting the puzzle pieces together finally dear friends?

Indeed Fort Fumble is losing it's cloak and dagger secrecy, the game is being exposed and hopefully the Senators will continue to apply the blowtorch, otherwise this whole joke will end in tears and a big smoking hole.

Tick tock

P.S Shhhh. Don't tell Blackhandi, he still thinks everything is a conspiracy and that would include Australia almost receiving a downgrade.
He is like Toto - Clicks the heels and goes to a happy place!

Just for Blackhandi:

The Wizard of Oz - "There's No Place Like Home" Magic Spell - YouTube

blackhand
2nd Nov 2012, 10:48
An audit of Australia's air safety system by the United States Federal Aviation Administration has been completed.
The outcome of the audit is that Australia maintains its US category one rating.
The Federal Aviation Administration was invited by Australia last year to conduct the audit of aviation safety regulation and oversight.
Australia's overall system of aviation safety oversight was found to meet applicable international standards.
CASA's Director of Aviation Safety, John McCormick, said the result of the Federal Aviation Administration audit was a positive endorsement for Australian aviation safety.
"Australia can continue to be very proud of our aviation safety record and the effort we make to maintain that record," Mr McCormick said.
"The audit recognised there had been a past under investment in technical training for CASA staff and supported CASA's current initiatives to provide even more comprehensive technical training.
"A lot of work has been done over the last 12 months investing in technical training and this will continue."
Media contact:
Peter Gibson
Mobile: 0419 296 446
Ref: MR2210
The wikileaks story is old news.

PLovett
2nd Nov 2012, 11:55
@blackhand,
The wikileaks story may be old stuff, I certainly heard about the FAA audit and its results - which nowhere near meet the CASA spin - quite some time ago. It may be old but it is still very relevant.

@gobbledock
I very much doubt that the FAA could ever have their heads spun by anything out of CASA. However, they may have been convinced that Australia was going to do something about the many and varied shortcomings. Time for a follow-up?