PDA

View Full Version : DASH Q-400 TYPE RATING COST

aviatorzuckeberg
3rd Sep 2011, 16:40
Hello fellow aviators......I am looking to do a DASH Q-400 type rating anywhere in the world....any recently type rated pilot out there..what is the cost of the training and which is the best place to do it...i heard spicejet is charging around 20 lakhs...10 from our side and 10 from their side....what is the actual cost if we do it ourselves..any suggestions will be welcome....cheers...

P.S : I also would like to know what are the documents necessary for the issuance of NOC from DGCA.

pawan
4th Sep 2011, 07:15
frnd i m also planning to do the same....anybody knws plz reply

fernandeztv
4th Sep 2011, 10:07
Few words of advice before you guys jump into Dash-8 Self TR bandwagon!

Spice jet is the only operator of the type in India.
Just because you have a Type rating does not entitle you to a job placement!
If Spice jet rejects you...you stand ZERO chance of using the type rating with any other airline.
Type Rating endorsement also will expire in 6 months and factor in the funds required for recurrent and proficiency check. (which cannot be done in India)

Left Wing
4th Sep 2011, 10:12
agree 110%:ok::ok:

vdaff
4th Sep 2011, 10:40
I know 3 dudes who left the country to do Q400 on their own....it looks likw there are going to be more unemployed q4000 bandwagoners

am-rj-tbt
5th Sep 2011, 17:42
YES I AGREE spice jet is not even responding to letters if we say that we are willing to get a type rating on dash 8.
Its useless to get a type on this aircraft without acknowledgement from them that they will take me
i have enquired about the cost for the same
Only two people i have come across are ready to do it
I contacted Bombardier and the directed me to flight safety international
Second School ready to do it is Oxford Aviation

The approx cost involvement is 30000 dollars only for the training from Flight safety and 23400 euro from oxford so yea.. its one hell of a rating ...

flyjet787
5th Sep 2011, 18:51
Why would they want to hire TR pilots with 0 hrs on type when they can recruit who ever they want and ask them to pay for the rating?

Unless they have an urgent requirement where they need pilots immediately and can't spare 2-3 months for type rating then they would probably look to hire TR pilots.

Unfortunately this is now true in other airlines as well. So frankly getting a TR is a big gamble.

safelife
5th Sep 2011, 21:46
Looking forward to the the Q400?

Have some primer here:
http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/461695-dash8-400-question.html

I really wonder how the Q400 will perform in India - operated in the middle of europe with best efforts it struggles to reach 90% dispatch reliability.
Which is a nightmare compared to other equipment.