PDA

View Full Version : That Evil Cat

Two_dogs
3rd Sep 2011, 13:09
I have a cat that loves to sleep on my laptop keyboard (warm I guess) if I leave it available to her.

I had an incident recently where I left the laptop on during the night and in the morning the screen was displayed upside down. Luckily my ten year old knew the fix, CTL+ALT+arrow key. Windows 7.

Tonight, after leaving the computer on in the dining room for a few hours I found I could not get online using Mozilla but was able to connect to a remote desktop session with no trouble at all. To compound the problem my broadband connection had been shaped due to said ten year old breaking the monthly download limit. I was thinking, bloody 56K! I even tried a Telstra USB broadband dongle to no avail.

I eventually tracked it down to Mozilla; tools/options/network/settings, the proxy connection settings were set to 127.0.0.1 I still don't understand why the remote connection worked.

What are the chances of the cat keying in the correct keyboard sequence to enable the described scenarios? Should I get rid of the evil cat?

green granite
3rd Sep 2011, 13:38
He was probably trying to use Twit_ter dot com to find out where the local birds were hanging out. :)

mixture
3rd Sep 2011, 13:48
I was talking to a director at some company the other day who was teleworking from home. All going well, until the cat started meowing increasingly loudly in the background.

She promptly announced said cat was on heat and would shortly be ejected through nearest window. Suggest you do same. :cool: