PDA

View Full Version : Wonder how this will affect Dutch airspace....

kevmusic
3rd Sep 2011, 11:27
Dutch to build 270bn fake mountain - Yahoo! Eurosport UK (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/66194/)

:}:}:}

SpringHeeledJack
3rd Sep 2011, 11:46
That would be a real debt-mountain wouldn't it ? :8 Perhaps the financial gods could send all the debt owed in the world into The Netherlands and voila! A lovely idea, but a bit too close to the sun methinks. For a country so flat (with exceptions) the Dutch are pretty good at pursuits at altitude.

SHJ

Lon More
3rd Sep 2011, 11:54
Wonder how this will affect Dutch airspace.... aslon as it's below FL245 I wouldn't be worried.

Typical Hollander BTW!!! What's wrong with the Dutch Alps?

Whispering T-Jet
3rd Sep 2011, 14:14
Don't bother - Dubai will build a bigger mountain with a gold tip and a shopping mall in the bottom.

The will call it the Burj - al - أ.مقدار وافر, جبل, طود حبل, كتلة ضخمة

dead_pan
3rd Sep 2011, 18:53
270 billion?? Shurely there's been some mistake.

RJM
3rd Sep 2011, 19:09
It's too bad the European butter mountain has gone. We learned about it at school. Butter is quite slippery so downhill events would be ok, although it might not take an edge like snow for slalom and moguls etc. Where was the butter mountain, incidentally? Denmark? They could have done well out of it, but then Denmark's quite small so you'd like as not land in the water at the end of your run, I suppose.

tony draper
3rd Sep 2011, 19:29
This could cause a epidemic of neck injuries,yer Cloggies are not used to looking upwards at landscapes.
:rolleyes:

blue up
3rd Sep 2011, 20:28
It's too bad the European butter mountain has gone. We learned about it at school. Butter is quite slippery so downhill events would be ok, although it might not take an edge like snow for slalom and moguls etc. Where was the butter mountain, incidentally?

My grandfather was a skier during the 40s and 50s but he fell one day during a descent and was badly injured. My grandmother said that rubbing butter into the wounds on his back was the only cure. Sadly, he went downhill fast after that.

:E

G-CPTN
3rd Sep 2011, 21:12
We had a cold-store in a nearby town that was used to keep part of the butter-mountain.

When they decided to disperse it, the local shops 'gave away' (FOC) packs of butter to pensioners.

The building was then converted into a Regional Seat of Government.
Subterranea Britannica: Research Study Group: Sites: Hexham (http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/h/hexham/)

Now demolished (in anticipation of building a DIY store that never materialised due to the economic downturn).