PDA

View Full Version : EK Engineering - Dubai

No Dispatch
2nd Sep 2011, 10:36
Lads,

I'm an LAE looking hard at EK engineering in Dubai. Can anyone please give me the good oil on current rates, allowances, conditions, genuine cost of living etc.

Please no trash talk about why would anyone want to go there etc... I'm under no illusions! I just want to make sure my figures add up before I take the plunge!!

Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to post on the public forum.

Cheers,

ND.

h3dxb
5th Sep 2011, 04:49
all said here http://www.pprune.org/engineers-technicians/444465-emirates-engineering-recruitment-process.html

keep discovering :ugh:

No Dispatch
5th Sep 2011, 11:30
Yeah been through that one... looking for more $$$ specific answers. I've heard all about the downside and the politics. It's like that everywhere on that continent right over to the pacific...

MATMAX
11th Sep 2011, 09:12
Exactly , apply and you will know ...
Before they were sending the T&Cs after the first contacts ...
But be careful , they will tell you about good things only so do not hesitate to ask as they are hiding the sh.t !
JAYMEE , are you sure about h3dxb ?
Maybe not even with ek anymore ...
ek is one of the best to piss off people ... even some managers...
ND , my advice , stay where you are as the whole uae is a place to avoid !

flame_bringer
11th Sep 2011, 12:01
No dispatch, after having asked an ex EK who has served EK for 10 years and is currently a duty manager in my company.
Basic salary is around $3500 for a B1 or b2 licensed engineer (base and line), Any type rate given to you will be accompanied by a bonding contract, shift pattern is 4 on 4 off, housing is paid for by the company, health ensurance, schooling and transport benefit.
as for the cost of living I'd say it's relatively equivalent to the UK except the gas price which is obviously cheaper since you're in an oil rich zone and It's tax free.
And ignore all the garbage replies that serve no purpose, If you are determined to go there then go for it it's a good place to gain experience and rack up some type rates especially on the 380s which is invaluable IMO.

MATMAX
12th Sep 2011, 08:31
Guys,
Forgive him , he is young and does not know about what he is talking...
FB , dubai is not Bahrain and emirates is not Bahrain Air ...

Jingli
12th Sep 2011, 09:54
flame bringer is correct, although base salary is usually a bit higher than $3500.

General cost of living is about UK/Europe levels - some things more, some less. Education can be problematic as allowance doesn't cover all the fees for the very best schools.

Working conditions depend on department - better in Base than on Line.