PDA

View Full Version : spd lim bug - boeing efis

zxccxz
2nd Sep 2011, 10:29
Hello,

does any of you know what is the "SPD LIM" v bug function in the "new" 747's and 737's pfd's?

I saw it on the "747 New Livery Flight Deck Poster" by boeing but no clue what that is!

ps: I am NOT referring to the SPD flag you get on the pfd when the spd indication fails, and I am NOT referring to any failure FLAG. This is a yellow v-bug, just as the v1 bug (the only difference is that the v1 bug is green).

Denti
2nd Sep 2011, 12:13
Speed Limit Flag (amber)
Displays related with stick shaker or maximum operating speed have failed:
• if the stick shaker warning has failed, the red and black stick shaker speed bar is removed
• if the maximum operating speed has failed, the red and black maximum operating speed bar is removed.

Description from the 737NG FCOM.

zxccxz
2nd Sep 2011, 12:47
thank you for the response, I do have the fcom and I did read the extract you posted... but for me it's nonsense that they actually published a poster of an aircraft with an active failure?!

NSEU
3rd Sep 2011, 05:49
Sounds like the fault of the publicist. This flag is not normally shown.

Aircraft in maintenance or being built may have circuit breakers pulled as routine (for safety). It doesn't mean the aircraft is broken.

Out of interest, were there any messages on the EICAS?

zxccxz
3rd Sep 2011, 18:46
can't remember.. and the problem is that I can't find any hi res version of that poster on the internet, so no chance to see it again!