PDA

View Full Version : Dale Farm - Essex

Pages : [1] 2

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
1st Sep 2011, 16:16
It will cost £18 million pounds apparently to evict these people who have built illegally
and the council put up with it for 10 years ....
and Vanessa Redgrave (wtf has it got to do with her, campaigning for traveller rights?) is trying to gain some publicity ...

Er Vanessa..it is not like Joanna Lumley and the Gurkas...these travellers are not in the same league

18 million - a lot of money that.....
if it had been nipped in the bud, then this would have been so much easier....but in this day when authorities would rather hit their targets by going after law abiding citizens for petty misdemeanours....rather than after people who properly make lives a misery for a lot of society...then little wonder that Cameron wonders what has happened to society.

The riots? some of it is down to a feeling the youth had that they were untouchable....coppers were too busy playing hide and seek, or nicking people for dropping sweet wrappers. And would Joe public get involved....nah...he would more likely than not get arrested for trying to be public spirited.
#
Last law abiding tax payer out of the country...please hand the keys over to the criminal element. Oh..don't worry about the lights. They will go out by themselves soon enough.

Low Flier
1st Sep 2011, 16:21
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/img/cartoons/mac/2011/09/01092011.jpg
“and don’t even think about movin’ us on again or I’ll set Vanessa Redgrave on you!”:}

Airborne Aircrew
1st Sep 2011, 17:13
They can't be "travellers" if they've been in the same place for ten years! Evict them and they become travellers again... Think of it as a public service... :}

Krystal n chips
1st Sep 2011, 17:14
" Nurse, I think that either the medication needs to be increased, or we've just heard a party political broadcast on behalf of some right wing organisation....difficult to make an accurate diagnosis to be honest"

G-CPTN
1st Sep 2011, 17:21
Difficult situation IMO.

A previous scrapyard site adjacent to an existing legal Travellers' Site.

Land bought by the Travellers but no planning permission for occupation, however, many families have 'settled' and are sending their children to local schools (I don't suppose many of them are sent to boarding schools) and have attempted to integrate into 'society'.

Some local 'settled' homeowners are unhappy about the effect on their property values.

So, several dozen families will be made 'homeless or forced to squat on wherever they can find to park their caravans and set up their trades.

Oh, and 'permanent' structures (chalets) will be demolished by the local authorities.

I'm not condoning the situation, but to me the alternative seems so much worse . . .

Catch 22?

Dale Farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Farm)

Local Authorities used to be legally obliged to provide sites for up to fifteen caravans at a time under the Caravan Sites Act 1968.
This obligation was removed in the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

Tankertrashnav
1st Sep 2011, 17:22
When those who are supporting the travellers are interviewed, they are never challenged to answer why there should be one law for the travellers and another for the rest of us.

I have three children, only one of whom has been able to enter the property market. I also own a three acre field with a good water supply and adjacent to the grid where I could easily erect two simple houses for them (or perhaps install two "park homes" as I believe they are called).

Problem is, they would be removed by the local authority in pretty short order - and quite right too.

So my question to Ms Redgrave is this: does she think I should have the same rights to ignore the planning laws that she is demanding for the travellers? If not, why not? And if so, does she think those rights should be extended to every landowner in the country, with the resulting proliferation of tatty housing over the landscape? She can't have it both ways.

Lon More
1st Sep 2011, 17:33
Essex. init? Nuff said

stuckgear
1st Sep 2011, 18:00
Losing all the huggy fluff rhetoric the case is simple:

They knowingly and deliberately built on green belt land without planning permission, during which period, since 2001, the council has been seeking legal action with them in dealing with it, they have continued to build on this land.

Now they are crying foul ?

So if you thumb your nose up at the law for long enough you become exempt from it ? Sorry, that B/S doesnt wash.

If they value their travelling culture, go travel and dont build permenant homes then wail about being travellers. In effect, the council is not only enforcing the laws of the land, but also doing them a service enabling them to preserve their 'travelling culture'.

Move in the bulldozers.

racedo
1st Sep 2011, 18:07
Green belt concept thought up years ago to ensure townies couldn't get close to the Tory voting country gents.

After 10 years dammed if they do, dammed if they don't. Easier to buy up the properties of the people around if they wish to sell rather than spending millions on eviction, millions on rehousing and millions on policing.

As for idea its one law for one and one for another well nicking a TV out of a shop gets you 2 years, destroying RBS as Fred Goodwin did gets you big fat pension.

G-CPTN
1st Sep 2011, 18:09
Pro-Travellers video:- Save Dale Farm - YouTube

The other viewpoint from Channel 4:- Dale Farm - should they stay or should they go? - YouTube

stuckgear
1st Sep 2011, 18:13
well the concept of green belt was to prevent urban sprawl, otherwise many parts of England would resemble the Urban Sprawl that is Los Angeles, from Santa Monica to Newport Beach, to the Inland empire upto and past San Bernadino.

As for idea its one law for one and one for another well nicking a TV out of a shop gets you 2 years, destroying RBS as Fred Goodwin did gets you big fat pension.

Any thoughts on destroying Fred Goodwin with a nicked TV ?

racedo
1st Sep 2011, 19:39
well the concept of green belt was to prevent urban sprawl,

Concept of democracy was to help people get views heard and look at what it has turned out to be.

ex_matelot
1st Sep 2011, 19:48
Councils are legally obliged now to make certain provisions. Plymouth City council has been told it has to make 3 camps available for travellers.

The truth: Councils would prefer illegal camping because they can draw from EU budgets and claim mahoosive amounts for the cleanup costs, fully utilising almost every non-job in the system in the process.

A 30m stretch of road banking in Plymouth (Novorosissk Rd) was camped on by "travellers" 18 months ago. There was a bit of a mess left - bins, bags and plastic. Nothing too dramatic but the tyre marks on the verge looked a bit unsightly. Council claimed it cost 80k to clean up.

It would have taken a bloke and a few bin bags half an afternoon and maybe a couple of cigarettes.

vulcanised
1st Sep 2011, 19:51
What I find mildly amusing is their use of every legal trick in the book to remain in place, then, when the same legal system says NO!, they stick up two fingers to it.

ex_matelot
1st Sep 2011, 20:08
Human rights act and the added complication of "race" now being part of the equation. Have an issue with a "traveller" and call the police: If a PC turns up he/she will call for a sergeant who will then call for an inspector. No lower ranking police dare meddle with traveller "issues" due to the massive abundance of legal expertise that has made itself available for them.

I know (empirically) of a case where CCTV footage of "travellers" forcibly removing a padlock from a gate was "lost" by the police investigating. A backup was made available but somehow it was deemed inadmissable.

The authorities prefer to turn a blind eye. Less hassle and more money - depending on which authority.

SpringHeeledJack
1st Sep 2011, 20:44
Perhaps the life of the 'travellers' is no longer a reality. With that realisation and acceptance any special rights go and a gradual integration into society can start. Just because your forefathers lived a certain way, in a world that was just radically different from today, doesn't give today's mostly static travellers any real right to hope to continue. Of course, they DO have rights above and beyond you and me, but the longer this disparity between the now and the past exists, the more of these situations will happen :ugh:

SHJ

ex_matelot
1st Sep 2011, 21:49
At the end of the day it's a group of people, who opt out of our society yet demand (and are granted) the rights to selectively choose access to certain products of our society.

Can any maths guru come up with an equation that summarises positive input to our society that could be applied to anybody?

When I rise to power I will either have someone develop such an equation or I'll make one up - then I'll bloody use it when casting judgement!

racedo
1st Sep 2011, 21:57
Perhaps the life of the 'travellers' is no longer a reality. With that realisation and acceptance any special rights go and a gradual integration into society can start. Just because your forefathers lived a certain way, in a world that was just radically different from today, doesn't give today's mostly static travellers any real right to hope to continue. Of course, they DO have rights above and beyond you and me, but the longer this disparity between the now and the past exists, the more of these situations will happen

But why should they have to give up their way of life ?

Despite the law, all councils have deliberately avoided providing sites for travellers or done so in places where no houses could ever be built.

Which is more expensive ?
Providing proper sites for travellers or providing housing and infrastructure ?

Travellers wish to live together within their own communities and not within rest of society, its not surprising their hostile attitude to authority when they have seen the way authority treats them for centuries.

Yup when they have an illegal site the crap they leave behind is bad BUT take away bin collection for a month in settled society and watch the streets descend into a mess.

As for law abiding well the events of last couple of weeks showed what the settled community do when they feel they can get away with it.

One only has to look at the billions spent on multiculturalism where as this community hasn't had the billions spent on it.

Sprogget
1st Sep 2011, 22:05
Not with prose like that you won't.

Let's not muck about. Any of you people who have come into close contact with the pikeys know the reality. These are people who deal in criminal activity, who steal, cheat, steal, fight, steal and mostly steal.

They are heavily implicated in the current epidemic of metals theft but will essentially take anything that isn't nailed down and guarded by thugs of equal measure.

The coppers don't want to know because coppers are pragmatists. Pikeys have no national insurance numbers, give false names, have no records at DVLA, are itinerant when they bloody well need to be, give false names and essentially are un-nickable unless you throw them in clink for every petty offence.

This is why the police fight shy, it's a pointless activity chasing pikeys and they know it. These are people who know exactly how to play the game, they are people who take everything, give nothing and make a conscious choice to live in exception to the law.

They come mob handed, operate on the principle of indimidating by numbers, yet claim discrimination at the drop of a hat. You better hope they don't pull up near your street and if they ever do, make ready, because you will need to be.

You have been warned.

Airborne Aircrew
1st Sep 2011, 22:06
Travellers wish to live together within their own communities and not within rest of society,

Would that be a "den of thieves"?

con-pilot
1st Sep 2011, 22:08

Why should they be allowed to only obey the laws they want to obey and be free to break any law they disagree with?

That simply put, is anarchy.

Nervous SLF
1st Sep 2011, 22:11
A quote from a vastly different internet forum:-

"Legality. The original farm is IIRC brown belt and they own it and have permission to constrained development. The problem is the growth of the site onto green belt land (which they purchased) and the illegal building on this without planning permission. The "excess" population have been offered over 50 alternative sites in the general area (ranging from Southend to Thurrock, and from Chelmsford to Romford) but they steadfastly refuse to move.

Remove the fact of the "ethnicity" of the group and ask yourself if you would condone someone building hundreds of buildings on green belt land they owned, contravening planning permission. I would hope that most people would want any development removed in that case, so why not this case?

racedo
1st Sep 2011, 22:13
Sprogget

Change Pikey to Young Black Males, Theft of metal to drugs etc and reread.

racedo
1st Sep 2011, 22:16
Why should they be allowed to only obey the laws they want to obey and be free to break any law they disagree with?

That simply put, is anarchy.

You can use that one for filty rich, trustafarian, coke sniffing teens and 20 somethings with daddy employing a lawyer and a call to someone to get precious out of jail or not even arrested.

ex_matelot
1st Sep 2011, 22:30

Con,

In the UK, if you fall under the 'protected species' umbrella, no matter how unjustified, you have a licence to shit in the street, and there are government funded agencies that will fight for your right to do so. There are whole indistries built around it.

Muffin Themule
1st Sep 2011, 23:32
Let's not muck about. These are people who deal in criminal activity, who steal, cheat, steal, fight, steal and mostly steal.

And that's without a proper education.

If they settled down and took full advantage of the education system they could do so much better. With a bit of luck they could even do well in the esoteric world of financial services.

G-CPTN
1st Sep 2011, 23:44
AFAICT the primary occupations of Travellers seem to be tarmac laying and scrap recycling.
The latter, of course, does encourage searching for unattended items that can be liberated.

The former seems to be reliant on providing a service for those who respond to cold-calling with unbelievable offers (that often turn out to be unbelievable - so I have heard).

To be fair there aren't many of the breed around where I live, so the above stories are heresay but may well be true.

Muffin Themule
1st Sep 2011, 23:53
Can any maths guru come up with an equation that summarises positive input to our society that could be applied to anybody?

Sorry, I don't have such an equation to hand. But if you, or an acquaintance, does develop a suitable algorithm, do remember to make allowance for the numerous driveways/private roads (http://www.pprune.org/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-13877018) that have been resurfaced for a very reasonable price.

Tankertrashnav
2nd Sep 2011, 08:13
racedo - You are using what Gerry Fitt used to call "whataboutery" in Ulster, when every time one side (say the Ulster loyalists) committed an atrocity, it was justified by someone saying "what about what the Republicans did last week" etc. Put more simply, two blacks don't make a right.

Incidentally, not all "filthy rich trustafarian teens" get away with it - last I heard Charlie Gilmour was doing time, in spite of the Savile Row suit daddy bought him for his court appearance.

Lou Scannon
2nd Sep 2011, 16:35
In one interview a lady stated that she could neither read nor write so presumably she is also unable to look for the employment that would make her a useful member of society.

Are any of the residents at this place employed and pay taxes or are they all drawing social security as EU immigrants?

Nice of the Catholic and Anglican Bishops to offer them sanctuary for their caravans wasn't it. (let no one accuse those two jokers of being fools!).

Sallyann1234
2nd Sep 2011, 17:05
I have no sympathy for them whatever.
My TV set flinches every time I shout at the newsreader that "they are NOT f***ing travellers!" They refuse to go travelling so they don't qualify for the term.
Also they shouldn't qualify for free medicine, schooling, etc unless they register for income tax and council tax like the rest of us.

G-CPTN
2nd Sep 2011, 17:18
they shouldn't qualify for free medicine, schooling, etc unless they register for income tax and council tax like the rest of us.

Good point!
On return from three years working in an EEC country, I was unable to claim any benefits (including Child Benefit) until I started work (!) as I had been absent from the UK during the qualifying period (the previous twelve months).
I presume entitlement to 'benefits' such as Unemployment Benefit would have started after twelve months residence?

radeng
2nd Sep 2011, 17:58
The council could go after them for unpaid council tax for the last 7 years too. So get the bailiffs to take the worthwhile cars. The police of course, wimp out. They should have a go on the roads around for those without insurance and valid MOT and start crushing the offender's vehicles. But that's not allowed because that's targetting travellers - who don't travel.

So call yourself a traveller and you are effectively above the law, it seems.

Round here, I do see on a fairly regular basis, a genuine gypsy traveller. No car, two ponies, an old fashioned caravan, wife and no kids, a fire, clothes pegs for sale, fortunes told and he does a bit of casual work for a couple of days or maybe a week, camping by the roadside, and then moves on. Leaves the site clear, cuts out the turf before lighting the fire and puts it back afterwards. Maybe poaches the odd rabbit or even the odd pheasant, but that's not really a problem. There haven't been any reports of break ins or thefts while he's around either.

aviate1138
2nd Sep 2011, 18:00
I see the UN have come down on the side of the travellers [shouldn't they be in Eire anyway?].

Ah Human Rights/Racial Discrimination………..Duh!

"A United Nations committee is calling on the government to suspend the planned eviction of travellers from the UK's largest illegal site.

The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination said evicting 400 people from Dale Farm, Essex, would disproportionately affect family life." :rolleyes:

hellsbrink
2nd Sep 2011, 18:19
Good point!
On return from three years working in an EEC country, I was unable to claim any benefits (including Child Benefit) until I started work (!) as I had been absent from the UK during the qualifying period (the previous twelve months).
I presume entitlement to 'benefits' such as Unemployment Benefit would have started after twelve months residence?

not sure about how long ago you are talking about, but nowadays the rules say that the contributions you make whilst working in an EU state mean you are allowed unemployment benefit, etc, in another EU state (ideally you need to do at least one day of official work to help smooth things, but you are still entitled to dole, etc if you travel from one EU state to another).

As far as the Pikeys go, their "houses" are built illegally. Richer people have had their homes demolished due to not having planning permission, those PERMANENT RESIDENTS (they ain't "travellers" by any stretch of the imagination and they sure as hell ain't "Roma" since they are not from places like Romania) should not be treated any differently from any other person.

Cut the PC malebovinefaeces and go in hard on them if they don't comply, it's the only way.

vulcanised
2nd Sep 2011, 20:10
Surprised Bob FFS Geldorf hasn't turned up to lend his support.

Tankertrashnav
2nd Sep 2011, 20:28
Meanwhile in West Cornwall, Helston Town Council have picked on an easier target than the inhabitants of Dale Farm.

This is Cornwall | Council turns big guns on brothers' tree house (http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Council-turns-big-guns-brothers-tree-house/story-13244602-detail/story.html)

tony draper
2nd Sep 2011, 21:08
With a surname like Jenkin sounds like she has a few hundred years worth of ancester bones in our soil, so she has no chance,her treehouse is a gone gosling.
:rolleyes:

racedo
2nd Sep 2011, 22:26
I see the UN have come down on the side of the travellers [shouldn't they be in Eire anyway?].

Why because their ancestors came from there ?

Do you have any proof they are Irish rather than British citizens or are you just stereotyping ?

parabellum
2nd Sep 2011, 22:32
The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination said evicting 400 people from Dale Farm, Essex, would disproportionately affect family life."

So as long as you can get together in large enough numbers to be noticed and heard you can break the law with impunity and have the support of the UN whilst you are at it?

Yet one more example that the UN has lost both it purpose and direction.

racedo
2nd Sep 2011, 22:32
racedo - You are using what Gerry Fitt used to call "whataboutery" in Ulster, when every time one side (say the Ulster loyalists) committed an atrocity, it was justified by someone saying "what about what the Republicans did last week" etc. Put more simply, two blacks don't make a right.

Incidentally, not all "filthy rich trustafarian teens" get away with it - last I heard Charlie Gilmour was doing time, in spite of the Savile Row suit daddy bought him for his court appearance.

Nope I am highlighting the hypocrisy on here.

One person going to jail proves zilch.

Parapunter
2nd Sep 2011, 22:34
What hypocrisy?

racedo
2nd Sep 2011, 22:45
Er Vanessa..it is not like Joanna Lumley and the Gurkas...these travellers are not in the same league

You mean support for the Gurka's people not born in the UK but none for UK citizens.

What is on here is the stereotyping of Travellers as being below everyone else.

Airborne Aircrew
3rd Sep 2011, 01:39
What is on here is the stereotyping of Travellers as being below everyone else. People make their bed. They must lie in it. These, stationary, "travellers" have made a bed, (illegally), and they are lying in it and crying in it.

All the laws they have used to try to protect their illegal status are exhausted - so they decide the laws don't apply to them. F:mad:k them...

They need to move on or have their "travellers" status rescinded forthwith.

Jamie-Southend
3rd Sep 2011, 02:05
Looks like its all gonna kick off in the next few days, just 9 miles from where i live, still im 4000 miles away, so going to miss the fireworks.

sitigeltfel
3rd Sep 2011, 05:42
You mean support for the Gurka's people not born in the UK but none for UK citizens.

I have yet to hear a "UK" accent from those interviewed at the site.

aviate1138
3rd Sep 2011, 06:35
I am probably biased by having lived on the edge of the Wicklow Mountains [near Johnnie Fox's hostelry] for 3 years and finding some newly arrived travellers had stolen my magnificent peacock, Ben, who was later rescued from the travellers site with the aid of two 12 bore shotguns and some burly Hurling players…….

Then having moved to the Surrey Hills and late on a pre Bank Holiday Thursday a bunch of travellers broke into a sports ground next to our property and stayed for three weeks and left under duress from the Council and also dumped masses of rubbish/crap/scrap etc. Whilst 'parking' there I noted the vehicles were not old and most were 4WD Range Rovers and Toyotas and BMWs.

The clear up was paid for by us locals. Never saw any Police presence in the three weeks.

If they are going to use children as a shield then Travellers do not care for their children and the kids should be taken into care.

During the same period we lost our main drive light fittings, a large plasma tv and a mower and other items. Our 2 side gates and large shed padlocks were removed with a substantial bolt cutter and the very heavy plasma screen was found in a muddy ditch some 250 yards away. The Police took no action whatsoever.

Travellers are travellers because they can make a mint on tarmac drives and scrap metal and not pay any taxes and also have their babies born in NHS Hospitals free of charge!

A Didecoy/Traveller/Gypsy funeral held a few years ago near Puttenham/Seale had more upmarket 4WD and Exec cars than I have seen at Ascot!

Parapunter
3rd Sep 2011, 06:38
What is on here is the stereotyping of Travellers as being below everyone else. Not really, some of us are products of experience. Like my pal who sold his van to the pikeys at a knock down price after they made it clear if he didn't they would be back for it anyway, this time at 3am.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
3rd Sep 2011, 07:52
Racedo

Are you saying that the Gurkas....some of whom got VCs serving this country....who lived more than 20 years in this country...paid taxes and contributed into society in this country....should be tossed away at the end of their long services like trash? Just because they were not UK citizens?

That was the attitude Joanna Lumley campaigned against...and thankfully...at the end of the day..she showed it to be completely ignorant and wrong.

These gypsies......they don't serve, they don't pay taxes, they don't contribute to society......why are they deserving of tax benefits?

Lon More
3rd Sep 2011, 08:06
Same problem here in the Netherlands. Councils are obliged to provide a number of sites, Usually about 10 times as many "Mobile homes", not caravans, try to pitch up as are allowed. Then follow the complaints that the toilet blocks are not bi enough, no cable tv, not enouh car parks etc. One of the local diddies even has a proper xmall touring caravan they use to go on holiday in The sites are no go areas, unless you want to buy a pair of cheap shoes :ugh:. Apart from that they spend most of their time burning insulation off wire to salvage the copper

Juding by a series of tv docs. several months ago about pikey weddings and first communions they don't seem short of a few bob. Time to send in the 2nd Batt. of the Royal Armoured Accountants?

Tankertrashnav
3rd Sep 2011, 08:46
racedo - When I erect two mobile homes on my field for my kids (see post 6) and the council comes along to demolish them, will Vanessa Redgrave or any of the rest of the human rights mob be down to defend my interests? No, damn right they won't. There is no hypocrisy on here - just people demanding that the same laws that apply to you, me and the rest of the population should be applied to the occupants of Dale Farm.

Flap 5
3rd Sep 2011, 09:07

Despite the law, all councils have deliberately avoided providing sites for travellers or done so in places where no houses could ever be built.

'Their way of life' ???

The clue is in their title: Travellers.

By settling down on this site they are giving up their own way of life. In which case they have to obey the same laws as the rest of us settled people. Simple.

racedo
3rd Sep 2011, 09:11
I have yet to hear a "UK" accent from those interviewed at the site.

Since when did accent define your nationality ?

3rd generation Indians and Pakistanis who live completely within that community speak with an accent pretty similar to one you would hear in India and Pakistan......does that prove they are UK citizens are not ? Er no

Flap 5
3rd Sep 2011, 09:17
Since when did accent define your nationality ?

3rd generation Indians and Pakistanis who live completely within that community speak with an accent pretty similar to one you would hear in India and Pakistan......does that prove they are UK citizens are not ? Er no

You have cleverly picked up on a complete Red Herring there racedo.

Keep it simple. These people are supposed to be 'Travellers'. They have stopped travelling and have become settled, like the rest of us. They should abide by the same laws as the rest of us. Simple.

However even 'Travellers' who actually travel should abide by the same rules as the rest of us while they are travelling in this country. Why should they not?

racedo
3rd Sep 2011, 09:25
Are you saying that the Gurkas....some of whom got VCs serving this country....who lived more than 20 years in this country...paid taxes and contributed into society in this country....should be tossed away at the end of their long services like trash? Just because they were not UK citizens?

That was the attitude Joanna Lumley campaigned against...and thankfully...at the end of the day..she showed it to be completely ignorant and wrong.

These gypsies......they don't serve, they don't pay taxes, they don't contribute to society......why are they deserving of tax benefits?

They are travellers not Gypsys.

Gurkhas are mercenaries who get paid to serve and fight.............doesn't besmirch their heroism or valour but ultimately that is what they are.

As for claiming of people who
don't serve ............majority of UK residents,
don't pay taxes...........about 8 million of Neets, unemployed, disability allowances claimants and other allowances claimers
Well you can ask what they contribute to society and are deserving of tax benefits V travellers who numbers way less that half of 1 % of that figure.

racedo
3rd Sep 2011, 09:28
You have cleverly picked up on a complete Red Herring there racedo.

Keep it simple. These people are supposed to be 'Travellers'. They have stopped travelling and have become settled, like the rest of us. They should abide by the same laws as the rest of us. Simple.

However even 'Travellers' who actually travel should abide by the same rules as the rest of us while they are travelling in this country. Why should they not?

No

Poster claimed he never heard a "UK" accent in people being interviewed where as what I have pointed out was that people who live in own community don't pick up supposedly native accents.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
3rd Sep 2011, 10:13
Racedo

You are in the minority there re the Gurkas. Your side of the argument has been soundly beaten.

And these gypsy / travellers. Same difference in this instance re taxes, contribution to society etc.

Law applies to us all - so those 8 million people who claim benefits - that doesn't entitle them to build illegally on green belt land. And that is what this is all about - enforcing the law against those that break it.

No ifs, no buts...it has been to court. Repeatedly. Now is the time for the law to be enforced. But my original point was that the cost of enforcement would be a lot less if the council had acted earlier...and encouraged these travellers to remain as travellers by moving them on, and to keep them travelling.

SpringHeeledJack
3rd Sep 2011, 10:26
But my original point was that the cost of enforcement would be a lot less if the council had acted earlier...and encouraged these travellers to remain as travellers by moving them on, and to keep them travelling.

People, especially local government, seem to shy away from situations that are difficult and concentrate on easy pickings. Why should they bother ? Job for life etc etc.

As for these Irish originating travellers claiming to be an oppressed ethnic minority, well.....:rolleyes: They should contribute to wherever they are living and be good citizens :} but I won't hold my breath and feel for those who have to live close by. Settled persons (you and me) are no angels by any stretch of the imagination, but the difference between us is large. I suppose that until people stop paying cash for tarmac laying and the police arrest the miscreants stealing various metals from private/public property, then not much will change.

SHJ

Capetonian
3rd Sep 2011, 10:30
Why do people call them 'gypsies', or 'travellers'? The latter particularly grates as it is just a politically correct sop.

What they are is parasitic scum, vermin who want all the benefits of society but without paying their dues. You can bet that if the locals waded into the camp with baseball bats, flamethrowers, or water cannon, the so-called 'travellers' would be the first to go bleating to the police.

Of course I'm not in any way implying that such action by locals would in any way be a good thing or send the right message!

robtheblade
3rd Sep 2011, 11:28
I refuse to believe that anyone who has had dealings with them can have anything positive to say about them. I have had dealings with them three times, none very nice. The last one involved two of them sat on my doorstep threatening to burn down my house if I didn’t alter a log book.
As Capetonian says, they are parasitic scum. They are a law unto themselves, thieving gyppos who will stop at nothing to get what they want.
I don’t have a lot of time for the police, but come The Battle of Dale Farm I wish them well and hope they smash the lot of the thieving bastards all the way back to Ireland.

Al Fakhem
3rd Sep 2011, 12:48

Isn't it the idea that immigrants assimilate?

SpringHeeledJack
3rd Sep 2011, 13:18

Not in the UK and seemingly in other countries where larger scale influxes of new citizens have taken place. In the 'old days' newer immigrants would keep their heads down and join in the rhythm. These days it seems that not only does integration not take place, but an attitude of belligerence and entitlement pervades. Where such attitudes have come from, or why for that matter is a puzzle to me :confused:

SHJ

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
3rd Sep 2011, 13:48
Basil

I was suggesting to Vanessa Redgrave that her attempt to gain some publicity was pretty daft and not like Joanna Lumley's fight for the gurkas.
Gurkha Justice Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurkha_Justice_Campaign)
JL won her campaign for the gurkas.
I sincerely hope VR has no success for the Dale Farm residents.
The gurkas that I have dealt with have always been polite and helpful. I haven't dealt with any of the residents of Dale Farm - but I doubt I would find them so amenable.

So I wait for you to set up an anti - gurka campaign. And if you think they are worse than the Dale Farm crew, no doubt you will be joining Vanessa Redgrave in her campaign to see justice be given to these tinkers.:ugh:

racedo
3rd Sep 2011, 16:55
You are in the minority there re the Gurkas. Your side of the argument has been soundly beaten.

In you and a few others viewpoint, whether you or I or anybody else likes it the Gurkas come under the definition of mercanaries in leaving their countries and fighting for another who pays the wages.

UK governments has pretty much treated them as that in paying them less and refusing the rights that other citizens serving in HM forces acquire.

A belated change doesn't change history.

And these gypsy / travellers. Same difference in this instance re taxes, contribution to society etc.

Law applies to us all - so those 8 million people who claim benefits - that doesn't entitle them to build illegally on green belt land. And that is what this is all about - enforcing the law against those that break it.

No ifs, no buts...it has been to court. Repeatedly. Now is the time for the law to be enforced. But my original point was that the cost of enforcement would be a lot less if the council had acted earlier...and encouraged these travellers to remain as travellers by moving them on, and to keep them travelling.

Law isn't equal nor does it claim to be as it is in the main adminstered by the establishment who look after their own.

racedo
3rd Sep 2011, 16:57

That applys to the millions of Brits who have left and lived abroad just as easily.

Mr Chips
3rd Sep 2011, 17:01
Racedo - this is NOT an ethnic issue. A group of people have breached planning laws, been through the legal system and lost. They are now being legally evicted.

What is the problem?

radeng
3rd Sep 2011, 19:46
I would like to know if they have paid income tax, council tax and national insurance - or registered for unemployment or other benefits, and if so, what other income they have had. If they have broken any of those laws, they should be gone after. Ditto for car insurance, road fund and MoT.

I suspect their incomes would not stand a close investigation......neither their motor vehicles.

Trinity 09L
3rd Sep 2011, 20:01
Why have I noticed that only females are before the media - are the males less photogenic or hiding there idenitiies for a particular reason:rolleyes:

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
4th Sep 2011, 14:10
Racedo

you aren't by any chance a resident of Dale Farm or associate of some tinkers, eh?
that might explain your strange attitude to the law not being equal. I'm afraid it is.
the way it is enforced might not be equal, but that is not the fault of the law.

so these people have broken the law, and are going to be evicted. End of.
and about time too.

whether they are tinkers, millionnaires, well connected, or criminal thieving tinkers. they have broken the law so have to face the consequences.

too many people plead special circumstances, and the establishment of bleeding hearts bends over backwards for them.

sisemen
4th Sep 2011, 14:45
Come clean Racedo - you're a pikey aren't you?

racedo
4th Sep 2011, 18:31
D Sqdrn

You parents weren't well related before (IF) they were married per chance ?

As you seem to wish to go down the route of personal abuse, it is only appropriate to drop to that level.

hellsbrink
4th Sep 2011, 18:44
I didn't see ant real abuse from D Sqdrn or any others.

I did see a question regarding whether or not you were one of those whining about how their ILLEGAL houses were going to be flattened, one of those who claim to be "travelling people" who live in a permanent residence whilst paying no taxes, etc. Given your defence of their, clearly, illegal activity by building such homes without permission, asking if you are one of them is a justifiable question....

Your comment, accusing D Sqdrn of being a "bastard", is, however, beyond the lines of decency and is abuse.

Just because you have no argument to the points put forward, etc............

Capetonian
4th Sep 2011, 18:50
Racedo, it is not really clear, at least to me, what your point is in terms of the scum occupying Dale Farm, as you seem ambivalent. Maybe you could clarify.

I don't see why you have found it necessary to casts doubts on D SQDRN's parentage as I really see nothing more than a little bite in his retort to you and it doesn't seem to me to justify your attack.

radeng
4th Sep 2011, 21:03
Now I'm a naive innocent (OK, some of you may doubt this) But if you have a group of people breaking the law, I fail to see why they should be allowed to continue doing this. If the law is wrong, they should have taken steps years ago to get it changed.

If we take this to a logical extreme, if all the inhabitants of say Berkshire refused to pay council tax, would that prevent the CC taking every one of them to court and sending in bailiffs? 'Oh, but we are special because we are in general better off'. Not going to work, is it? So what's so special about 'pseudo travellers' (so called because they don't travel)?

If they do not (as it appears) accept that they have to accept the norms of society like paying tax, NI, road fund etc, then why should they be judged to have any rights at all? Rights in a society are a two way thing - read Jerome K. Jerome's 'Diary of a Pilgrimmage' for an accurate view of life.

racedo
4th Sep 2011, 22:26
I didn't see ant real abuse from D Sqdrn or any others.

Perhaps you should read post 71 then or are your sensibilities only offended when someone who is on the same side gets abused.

As for accusing anybody I asked a valid question which is no different from the question I was asked in #71.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
5th Sep 2011, 06:24
Racedo

There is a principle in law about NOT having conflicts of interest when arguing a cause. For you to argue the corner of the gypies, you would have more credibility if you were not a traveller yourself. So I asked a fair question. But on matters legal, you have clearly shown you don't understand.

Send in the bulldozers. These lawbreakers have had so many chances.....and have spent so much tax payer money from legal aid that enough is enough.

I will open a good bottle and celebrate the enforcement of the law once this illegal building plot has been levelled to the ground.

Oh, and Racedo.
If you think being associated with Tinkers is abuse, that means you hold tinkers in very low regard. If you held them in high esteem, then you would be proud to be associated with tinkers. Is logic, no?

sisemen
5th Sep 2011, 07:53
If you think being associated with Tinkers is abuse, that means you hold tinkers in very low regard. If you held them in high esteem, then you would be proud to be associated with tinkers. Is logic, no?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Snookered_on_two_reds.jpg/165px-Snookered_on_two_reds.jpg

denhamjosh18
5th Sep 2011, 09:32
Just thought I'd throw my thoughts in....
We've had gypsies who some how managed to get a house down our road for 3 years now. I have to say, they are the MOST ARROGRANT, SELFISH PIGS i have ever seen. When a car comes down the road, they simply stand there in the middle oblivious to fact your there, honk the horn and they start swearing at you, come up to the window and you a mouthful for 10 minutes about "how its there part of the road and they can do what they like" with a few more choice words. They come down the road at 11 at night windows all the way down on their stolen cars which changes every week, blairing out their stupid irish rap, waking everybody up, yet nobody can say anything just in case.

Last year, my neighbours son was leaving in his car and their stupid kid stopped right in the middle of the drive, forcing him to slam his brakes on, he touched the kids bike, it then ran back up to there stupid gypsy house in tears, next think 5 huge irish guys come down the road, not a scratch to the bike or boy. They got really imtimidating, swearing at my neighbours son, (whos in his 40s') and hitting his car, with two 10 year old children in the back. Finally they left, then a couple of nights later, all we hear is a smash at 2 o'clock in the morning. THEY HAD THROWN A BRICK through MY NIEGHBOURS WINDOW. Did i forget to mention, that my neighbours are both in there 80's who fought for in England in WW2. And what do the gypsies get for it, A WARNING, as "there was no strong evidence to link them to it"

I leave in Bucks which is a very nice friendly county but these :mad: have ruined it, people have even moved out.

Kick them out, never let them back in, and leave them all on a desert island. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PS: I'm 16 can you imagine what everyone else thinks :ugh:

Capetonian
5th Sep 2011, 09:38
Josh : While I have every sympathy with your views on these people, they are not 'gypsies', they are lowlife scum, and they may be of Irish descent but they are not by any means representative of Irish people in general.

There is a group of them not far from where some of my family live, close to Denham. Maybe the same lot.

Sprogget
5th Sep 2011, 09:48
Forget that. Gipsies, pikeys, do as you likeys. They all piss in the same pot.

Josh has hit the nail on the head. It makes me laugh all this arguing over the finer points of law, whether or not someone is a sympathiser, it's all flim flam. Pikeys are a cancerous drain on society, they take, take and take and they do it with intimidation, violence and threats. My only comfort comes from knowing that they don't live long compared to the rest of us. There's something to be said for not educating certain sections of society, although it's stretching things to call the pikeys part of society as society implies a cohesive group of people working toward the same end.

If any one of you has had to deal with gipsies you'll know this is not rank prejudice. The rest of you can wend on your idealistic merry way & I hope you never have to encounter these disgusting creatures.

Sallyann1234
5th Sep 2011, 09:51
The BBC have now promoted them from 'travellers' to 'Travellers':

Supporters of the Travellers have established a protest camp, called Camp Constant, at the site and have pledged to help the Travellers resist eviction through non-violent means.

We will find out in due course what 'non-violent' means...

The BBC's whole approach seems to one of non-bias, as if they should give equal understanding to the law-breakers and the law.

sisemen
5th Sep 2011, 09:55
I'm 16 can you imagine what everyone else thinks

Yep. Probably - this kid needs to pay more attention in English language classes.

While most of us (except racedo) loathe pikeys I came across this piece by Amos Oz the Israeli writer on the subject of fanaticism:

Now the fanatic is also a great sentimentalist. A friend of mine, the Israeli novelist Sami Mikhael, told me an episode. He was driven once for a lecture in Ben-Gurion University in Bel Shiva, in my university, he was driven from Haifa, which is a long drive, three hours, by a very militant, right-wing, fanatical taxi driver. And during the drive the chauffeur says to Sami, 'You know, I believe we have to kill all the Arabs.' As simple as that.

Sami is a sophisticated man. Instead of saying, 'Shame on you,' or instead of just wrapping himself in silence, he turned to the chauffeur and said, 'Yes, you think so? And who exactly do you think should kill all the Arabs?' 'We should kill them. All of us have to kill them.' 'No, be more specific, please. Should the police kill them, should the army kill them, should the doctors kill them? Who should kill all the Arabs?' Quiet. The chauffeur is thinking. Then the chauffeur is saying, 'I think everyone of us has to kill a few.'
Sami doesn't lose his temper. He never loses his temper. He says to the chauffeur, 'Okay, suppose you are allocated one block of flats, one block of apartments in Haifa, your home town, and you are to kill all the Arabs in the block. And you'll knock on every door or ring every doorbell: excuse me, Sir, excuse me, Madam, are you an Arab? And if the answer is yes, you shoot them and kill them. And you finish the block and you turn to walk home, and then you hear a baby crying from upstairs. Would you go back upstairs and kill the baby? Yes or not?' Silence. The chauffeur is thinking. Then the chauffeur turns to Sami saying, 'Sir, you are a very cruel man

Worth a thought.

goudie
5th Sep 2011, 10:21
The language used clearly echoes the rhetoric of anti-Semitism. I believe that the obligation to protect this ethnic minority’s way of life is a human rights issue that, in this particular and unusual case, may need to 'trump’ the planning law designed to protect the Green Belt.”
My italics and bold.

The above from the T/graph. Apparantly some Rabbi's are comparing Dale Farm eviction order with Hitler's persecution of the Jews and Gypsies.

Also, it would seem, these people have a 'human right' to steal, avoid taxes and in general, do as they damn well please, as a way of life.

I was unfortunate enough, some weeks ago, to park my car in a 'park and ride' carpark just outside Cambridge. I say unfortunate because I happened to park near some 'travellers' caravans who were illegally parked there. As I turned and pointed my car key at my car to lock it one of them came rushing over and in a threatening matter asked if I'd taken a photo of him. When I explained I was merely locking my car he muttered some expletives and walked off. That evening I noticed both my number plates had been broken off. I duly reported it to the police who were aware of the 'travellers' and said that several cars had been vandalized in the carpark since their arrival.

Capetonian
5th Sep 2011, 10:29
Ethnic minority .......... oh spare it please! Since when does choosing a particular lifestyle make someone a member of an 'ethnic minority'.

Next we'll be hearing that people who choose to wear an earring or dye their hair a particular colour are an ethnic minority.

some Rabbi's are comparing Dale Farm eviction order .... I can't say it here ..........

vulcanised
5th Sep 2011, 11:55
Eviction Day has been stated to be two weeks hence.

Why are they dragging it out? The longer they wait, the more potential for trouble.

G-CPTN
5th Sep 2011, 12:08
Why are they dragging it out?

The eviction will be done by a 'security contractor' who needs to plan their manoeuvres if they are going to succeed.
Much training of operatives will need to be undertaken.

Airborne Aircrew
5th Sep 2011, 12:18
who needs to plan their manoeuvres if they are going to succeed.

How difficult is it to get 30 bulldozers in line abreast and advance? :}

stuckgear
5th Sep 2011, 12:23
A couple of BN islanders and some napalm. job done.

Capetonian
5th Sep 2011, 12:24
They are dragging it out in order to allow the illegal occupiers time to get weapons and reinforcements. Not to do all this, and not to give them warning, would be breaching their human rights. Obviously these lowlife have more human rights than decent law-abiding citizens.

maliyahsdad2
5th Sep 2011, 13:27
The eviction will be done by a 'security contractor' who needs to plan their manoeuvres if they are going to succeed.
Much training of operatives will need to be undertaken.
The firm chosen has been training for a while. Constant and co (hence the name "Camp Constant") They have been used a couple of times locally for evictions recently and are also known nationally.

Good luck to them though, I think they will need it as every scumbag who thinks they can make this their fight also, starts to make their way to Dale Farm.

G-CPTN
5th Sep 2011, 14:59
November 18, 2009 : Dale Farm travellers to be evicted, Constant & Co. to make £2m (http://www.corporatewatch.org/?lid=3454)

Mr Grimsdale
5th Sep 2011, 15:35
There was a very interesting discussion on this subject on Sunday morning on BBC1. I had the sound turned down so I could concentrate on Susanna Reid.:E

Sallyann1234
5th Sep 2011, 15:37
The talk of 'evictions' puzzles me. As I understand it they are not in illegal possession of the land - they own the land but have illegally built on it.
So the Council can - and certainly should - demolish the buildings, but do they have the right to remove the non-travellers from it?

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
5th Sep 2011, 16:43
they have to be evicted from the buildings before the bulldozers can move it.

gets a bit messy otherwise.

once the buildings have gone, they are at liberty to remain on their land. Just not at liberty to erect any dwelling without planning consent.

i suspect with autumn coming, they may well re-discover their traveller roots, and go set up camp and put down their roots, as it were, in someone else's back yard.

G-CPTN
5th Sep 2011, 16:47
go set up camp and put down their roots, as it were, in someone else's back yard.
Oh great!

Someone else's problem then?

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 16:54
At one time you had squatters rights to land if you could build your house on same betwixt the dusk and dawn of one single night,also there had to be smoke coming out of the chimney come dawn.
Of course we cannot allow such things nowaday that there are the thick end of seventy million of us wandering about this island,let this go and twenty years down the line we will have African style shanty towns in our town parks and green spaces,piss on the human rights concerns,flatten the place.
:suspect:

denhamjosh18
5th Sep 2011, 17:38
Yep. Probably - this kid needs to pay more attention in English language classes.

Got 2 A*

shhhhh :ok:

Tankertrashnav
5th Sep 2011, 18:51
I rather think that leaving the eviction for a week or two is quite a good thing. At the moment Vanessa's rentamob is all fired up and "up for it", but after a week or two of inactivity they may get bored and start drifting away. I think the idea of cutting the power off is a good one - no doubt as "travellers" they will be able to survive ok without mains electricity, but life will gradually get less and less comfortable as the winter draws on. Attractive as the "30 bulldozers in line abreast" method may be, any sort of violent action like that will hand a PR victory to the pikeys' supporters. There are cleverer ways of getting a result here.

Airborne Aircrew
5th Sep 2011, 18:53
We don't need no steeenkin' PR... :}

denhamjosh18
5th Sep 2011, 19:46
We don't need no steeenkin' PR... http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

Fair play, they have enough as it is :p

vulcanised
5th Sep 2011, 19:58
A number of 'militant' groups have stated their intention to disrupt the evictions.

Mr Chips
5th Sep 2011, 20:01
Racedo you seem to not be answering the question. Irrespective of race/creed/colour why should any group of people get away with ignoring the law? They are being dealt with in accordance with the law - what is the problem?

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 20:03
We have quite a large militant group at our disposal it's called The British Army.
:)

Airborne Aircrew
5th Sep 2011, 20:16
Brilliant Drapes...

After a suitable period after returning from Afghanistan fighting units can be rewarded with the eviction of these scum every time they try to stop travelling... They'd love it... :ok:

RedhillPhil
5th Sep 2011, 21:23
If there's only one road into this place why aren't the police stopping everyone who doesn't live there or can't prove they're visiting friends/relations access?

goudie
5th Sep 2011, 21:32
why aren't the police stopping everyone who doesn't live there

'uman rights an' awl tha', innit!

Tankertrashnav
5th Sep 2011, 21:37
What about the human rights of those Oxfordshire villagers who had to prove that they lived there when their village was cordoned off for the wedding of that vacuous celeb whose name now escapes me. Was only a few weeks back, and I think one of "ours" lives there. Thought at the time that it was probably illegal, but I dont remember the lovely Vanessa defending their rights!

tony draper
5th Sep 2011, 21:40
I seem to recall the authorites never had any trouble stopping large groups striking miners moving about the place,get medieval on em, a good old fashioned siege,no lecky no water no gas no food goes in.
:uhoh:

parabellum
6th Sep 2011, 00:31
So the Council can - and certainly should - demolish the buildings, but do they have the right to remove the non-travellers from it?

As the land is zoned Green Belt and therefore not residential, I would think, Yes, they do have the right to remove the non-travellers and their supporters, for their own safety, while their illegal buildings are legally removed.

sisemen
6th Sep 2011, 02:58
Got 2 A*

Sez summat 'bart the standard of marking innit?

Obviously neither of the subjects was English. But well done nevertheless. Enjoy uni and I hope that you don't get too much of a shock when you leave and have to join the real world where the competent use of English is a requirement (or, at least, it used to be).

Capetonian
6th Sep 2011, 05:41
the real world where the competent use of English is a requirement (or, at least, it used to be).

It used to be, and this was drummed into me by parents and teachers. It appears that this no longer matters, as evidenced by this letter from a conveyancing lawyer in the UK. I accept that the lawyer herself did not write it but she signed it and I would have expected better even from a humble clerk or secretary. This may be a poor example but every day I see examples of pathetic English, from people wot really should no better. Innit!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7593647/letter0001.JPG

Edit : Scratchings out changed to blocked out. /pedant mode off/ !!

parabellum
6th Sep 2011, 06:36
Yes, I would have been pretty pissed off to receive a letter with all those scratchings out in it too!

maliyahsdad2
6th Sep 2011, 07:33
Now according to the local newspaper the Legal site next door is mostly empty!

Legal part of Dale Farm travellers' site is almost empty (From Echo) (http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/9233267.Legal_part_of_Dale_Farm_travellers__site_is_almost_e mpty/)

lexxity
6th Sep 2011, 08:53
Those who we musn't offend appear to be in our area, again. They are going about their culture in the usual way. Knicking tack from farms this time. Is it any wonder people have no time for the Traveller community when they behave like this.

skua
6th Sep 2011, 09:16
If they would only do as it says on the tin - and travel - to the end of the earth, or the middle of the Sahara. Suppose their sat TVs might not work there though....

MagnusP
6th Sep 2011, 09:21
I gave up my allotment because so much food was being nicked. No proof, but I have my suspicions.

stuckgear
6th Sep 2011, 09:51
Here's an acid test. Walk into your local police station if you have one anymore and enquire as to crime rate increases before, during and after gyppo's have been in the area.

A few years ago, before the whole PC [email protected] i did that, 140% increase was the answer i was given.

Now if you try and google for some facts the results are littered PC bias.

Of course, the simple method of taking crime rate figures before, during and after a gyppo encampment were made readily available then there's the answer, but then that would fall foul of racial profiling and the PC brigade.

Kolibear
6th Sep 2011, 11:55
I live & work within 10 miles of Dale Farm and it is a subject on which all my colleagues are agreed - they have no right to stay.

The problem is where would they all go? At present, the entire criminal element of S E Essex is in all in one place and if they are dispersed, they could end up anywhere. I have no desire to have any of them anywhere near me.

I do wonder where they get there money from, land is not cheap in S. E. Essex, green belt or residential. Obivously the benefit system is more lucrative than I thought.

Its very noticeable that the entrances to all fields in this area are blocked, by trailers, logs, tyres etc. This is an attempt by the local farmers to discourage travellers from pitching up & fouling the land.

On local farmer who grew turf was forced to abandon that, because after a weeks occupation by travellers, the ground was too contaminated for him to continue.

I've also noticed that road signs have gone missing - the local village sign and chevron signs for bends have recently vanished leaving two poles sticking up out of the ground.

Perhaps the Apache gunships routing up to Wattisham could be persuaded that Dale Farm is the new practise firing zone?

G-CPTN
6th Sep 2011, 12:30
Apparently:-Traveller leader Richard Sheridan demanded £6million from council chiefs for families to agree to leave Dale Farm quietly. From:- Travellers' demand to avoid a violent eviction (From Basildon Recorder)
and:- most of the 40 legal plots are only occupied for one month each year.
A community of Irish travellers known as the Sheridan Clan own both,From (and more at):- Legal part of Dale Farm travellers' site is almost empty (From Basildon Recorder)

If it were to be approved as a Traveller site then it would be worth about £150 thousand per pitch, and there are over fifty on Dale Farm. So, it would suddenly be worth millions. When the Travellers ask the Council for another site with planning permission, what they are actually asking is for an asset that is worth millions.

simon brown
6th Sep 2011, 12:57
What I cant understand is why call yourself a traveller then build a house without plannng permission?. Why not just stay in a caravan or buy one of those static ones you get on holiday parks? that way they arent technically bulding are they...Oh silly me I forgot , that would mean buying a house elswhere and having to pay tax.....

Councils should provide sites for these gippos and charge them a couple of grand a year pitch rent to fund it.

Cheeky bastids want the council and tax payer to stump up as some sort of compo..well bugger me I think I'll build 2 houses without PP on my land and then have the front to insist the tax payer compensate me because I chose not to apply for planning permission prior to construction...good way to make money that.

These bastids have more front than Brighton

denhamjosh18
6th Sep 2011, 14:43
Obviously neither of the subjects was English. But well done nevertheless. Enjoy uni and I hope that you don't get too much of a shock when you leave and have to join the real world where the competent use of English is a requirement (or, at least, it used to be).

I promise you, language and literature :) they were both English. Anyway, I was just a tad pissed off when I wrote that, so I hope you'll ingore the mistakes in my grammar. :}

But well done nevertheless.

Thank you very much :O

denhamjosh18
6th Sep 2011, 14:46
most of the 40 legal plots are only occupied for one month each year.
A community of Irish travellers known as the Sheridan Clan own both,

It will be funny when they come back next year and realise their house has gone :D:D:D:E:ok:

G-CPTN
6th Sep 2011, 14:54
Travellers invaded Meriden and it's hell, don't call them victims | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2032440/Dale-Farm-eviction-Travellers-invaded-Meriden-hell-dont-victims.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

beaufort1
6th Sep 2011, 18:15
You have to admire their cheek.

BBC News - Dale Farm: Essex travellers' leader wanted £6m to leave (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-14804705)

racedo
6th Sep 2011, 19:55
There is a principle in law about NOT having conflicts of interest when arguing a cause. For you to argue the corner of the gypies, you would have more credibility if you were not a traveller yourself. So I asked a fair question. But on matters legal, you have clearly shown you don't understand.

Send in the bulldozers. These lawbreakers have had so many chances.....and have spent so much tax payer money from legal aid that enough is enough.

I will open a good bottle and celebrate the enforcement of the law once this illegal building plot has been levelled to the ground.

Oh, and Racedo.

Given you are on a website NOT in a court your claim of conflicts of interest really shows how far up your planet you are, you really haven't a clue.

I notice you have never posted on the planning breaches or scams carried out by white collar crime in buying land and scamming people on basis of maybe planning would be granted someday.

Planning law is a civil matter not a criminal one which seems that have escaped you and your bunch of **** wannabees wanting to bulldoze homes, napalm people and claiming everybody is scum and a criminal without providing any proof.

The Rabbi called it right, people on here are pretty close to describing travellers are Untermensch and justifying anything that happens to them as acceptable because they are travellers.

Tankertrashnav
6th Sep 2011, 19:56
Wonder if said Mr Sheridan is any relation to Tommy of that ilk, currently doing time in Barlinnie for perjury. Always thought that Mrs S looked like a pikey.

Still on with the whataboutery Racedo!

goudie
6th Sep 2011, 20:41
Racedo, I wonder what your attitude would be were these 'travellers' to turn up in your back yard? Many innocent people have had their lives blighted by quite a few (not all) of these people, because of their total disregard and respect for the laws of this country, the locality and it's people, in which they choose to illegally reside.

Do-gooding from afar is utter hypocrisy as far as I'm concered.

Mr Chips
6th Sep 2011, 21:05
Racedo I have asked the same question twice, do I need to ask it again, or are you hiding from it?

What is your view on a group of people being legally evicted after exhausting all legal channels? race/ethnicity is irrelevant.

stuckgear
6th Sep 2011, 21:20
Planning law is a civil matter not a criminal one which seems that have escaped you and your bunch of **** wannabees

No, however, ignoring the judgement of a court is.

people on here are pretty close to describing travellers are Untermensch and justifying anything that happens to them as acceptable because they are travellers.

No, it's becuase they have no regard for the law or for the society that that sponge off. It is not because they are travellers, it is because they claim to be something they are not ignore the law and expect, no demand, preferential treatment beacuase of it.

racedo
6th Sep 2011, 22:09
No, however, ignoring the judgement of a court is.
Which really shows you really have no clue.

Ignoring judgement in a civil court is not a criminal offense because were that the case then every single person who had a CCJ would be a criminal.

Notwithstanding that UK Councils are very clear that have a posession order made against a person is not grounds to leave a property.
So are you suggesting that UK councils are advising against the state ?

No, it's becuase they have no regard for the law or for the society that that sponge off. It is not because they are travellers, it is because they claim to be something they are not ignore the law and expect, no demand, preferential treatment beacuase of it.Absolute garbage because the claim that everyone is scum, law breaking and sponging off the state is the standard stereotyping which justifies your words where evidence is scant.

What has been shown on here is people freely happy to napalm people because they are different, view no doubt popular in the 1940's.

Estimates of total number of travellers in UK is between 15-30,000 yet somehow reading the crap on here there are to blame for everything.

Airborne Aircrew
6th Sep 2011, 22:18
Ignoring judgement in a civil court is not a criminal offense because were that the case then every single person who had a CCJ would be a criminal.

Err... No! Only those that ignored the judgement would be.

Capetonian
6th Sep 2011, 22:24
Racedo here is a simple question which requires a simple and direct answer and not a rant about how cruel we all are.

If your property were occupied illegally by 'travellers', if you want to call them that, and they refused to move away, what would you do and how would you feel?

(I accept that in this case they own the land, but they have built illegally on it, so I assume they don't have the right to be living there. )

stuckgear
6th Sep 2011, 22:36
Sorry Racedo,

but the fact is you don't know what exposure i have had to travellers [sic] so you are making a judgement based on stereotyping with scant evidence.

The fact is that the vast majority of society and this board have no tolerance for those that knowingly and wilfully operate outside of the law and expect society to support that.

No one has suggested death or physical violence on the people themselves *YOU* are choosing to interpret that as you see fit. There has been support for the destruction of the illegitimate buildings and likewise i support that. the Napalm comment was directed at the buildings, which were built knowingly and deliberately without consent, not the people.

*YOU* are choosing to make it into a Nazi-esque tint.

And as for the anarchists and 'human rights' 'campaigners' that are citing ethnic cleansing, that is just plain offensive. If *YOU* or they had ever borne witness to ethnic cleansing *YOU* and *THEY* would appreciate just how trying to make some far reached connection diminishes the true horror of ethic cleansing.

Frankly it's a f:mad:king insult to those who have suffered.

I have family friends who lost their relatives in places like Belsen/Birkenau, heck some of their relative still have numbers tattooed up their arms.

I worked on the repatriation of victims of Rwanda, I have relations in Zimbabwe, I have friends who's job it was to go into mass graves in the Baltic states and de-mine them.

I'm sure that there are others that drifted through this board who appreciate the true horror of what happened in S.E. Asia.

These people deliberately disregarded the law for financial gain, have refused alternative locations and have demanded money with menaces.....Ethic cleansing.... don't make me f:mad:king puke. and grow up, citing the holocaust.

Capetonian
6th Sep 2011, 22:50
stuckgear : :D:D:D:D:D:D

overun
6th Sep 2011, 23:42
l was in Eire towards the end of 2006 when the President said on tv that maybe we should send a note to the uk government apologising for the influx of "travellers" they are about to get.
Property not taxed will be confiscated, cars, trailers, dwellings, etc. No questions, no second chanches.
Do you think they tumbled the " human rights " fiasco before it bit ?

The odd thing about human rights is that the scrotes know all about them, but don`t give a sh** about other peoples.

Avitor
6th Sep 2011, 23:50
They call themselves travelers...then travel.

goudie
7th Sep 2011, 07:52
Whar about 'sex and travel'?

MagnusP
7th Sep 2011, 09:38
Planning law is a civil matter not a criminal one which seems that have escaped you and your bunch of **** wannabees wanting to bulldoze homes, napalm people and claiming everybody is scum and a criminal without providing any proof.

Jeez, grind that axe much longer and you'll be down to the handle.

Planning law is indeed a civil matter. Contempt in a civil court is generally a civil matter, but can be treated as a criminal offence in a number of cases. Criminal offences will, of course, be committed should there be any assault or breach of the peace when they try to obstruct the lawful execution of the order confirmed in the Court of Appeal.

But the point seems to have gone whoooosh. The criminality accusations here are not about the illegal construction on Dale Farm; they are about the significantly increased criminality when they turn up in your neighbourhood. Dawson in 2000 identified a significant range of crimes which were significantly more prevalent when they turn up on your patch.

From Dawson (2000)
Type of Crime and Explanation by Gypsies and Travellers to Dawson
Poaching Includes hare coursing, and shooting. The explanation of Travellers was that it was ‘natural’.

Bare fist fighting Seen as a tradition and bets are placed, not viewed as an illegal practice by Gypsies and Travellers.

Shoplifting and money-back Items are taken from a store and then brought back for reimbursement. Viewed as a ‘harmless’ crime.

Conning old people Either through undertaking unnecessary ‘repairs’ or stealing through deception and disguise. Dawson found the travelling community suggested that old people should not be left to fend for themselves and therefore it was society’s fault.

Thefts from old people Burglary of old people’s savings from their home, similar explanation to above.

Tarmac scams Quote one price before the job, and then demand extra money, with menaces, upon completion. Explanation to Dawson, was that this was ‘good business’.

Antique scams Offer a good price for one antique and then a very low price on others, having gained the person’s confidence with the first price. Travellers’ explanation was that people shouldn’t be greedy.

Antique theft Following the above, burglary is carried out in homes where good antiques have been identified.

Social security frauds People claiming under multiple names and addresses. Explained that ‘everybody does it’.

Vehicle crime Theft and ‘ringing’. Travellers claimed it didn’t harm anyone because it was covered by their insurance.

Caravan theft Sometimes involved claiming on insurance and then getting back the caravan and having it stolen again.

Finally, let me refer you to the OED entry for traveller; It's from the late Middle English travailer, a person who labours, and is commonly used to describe itinerant beggars and hawkers, and a Gypsy or other nomadic person. If you have an authoritative source defining travellers as a specific ethnic group, then please post it to support your use of the word Untermensch.

denhamjosh18
7th Sep 2011, 17:20
stuckgear: sir I salut you :D:D:D

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
7th Sep 2011, 17:21
Racedo

ROFLMAO

Here is a group of people that the very suggestion that you might be associated with them is such a serious insult that you question the legitimacy of my birth. (er...and by the way...."illegitimate" births are not criminal.)

If you were so proud of the tinkers, then I understand you fighting their corner. But as it is, despite you being insulted, perhaps revolted?, by the suggestion you are associated with them, you battle on on their behalf. Beyond reason.

Young man. ( or is it boy?) I think you are confused. Therapy might assist.

"Which really shows you have no clue".........insults and tantrums might get you what you want from mummy dearest...but not on this forum.

I would follow the good advice Stuckgear has given you - "grow up". If you carry this sort of attitude with you into adulthood, and argue this way in the pub, you might find some bloke like Drapes who can't put up with your drivvel, who will send you on your way, all adult like.

So skulk away, put your hoodie up. Bye bye.

Ancient Observer
7th Sep 2011, 17:39
My daughter had an interesting introduction to the gypsies/travellers/pikeys from Denham - from their permanent "travellers" site. Once a week they travel to Gerrards Cross, and simply steal anything that is not nailed down in the local shops. If you like to support that sort of activity, go to Gerrards Cross on a Saturday with your belongings open for theft when the kind folk from Denham are around.

denhamjosh18
7th Sep 2011, 18:08
My daughter had an interesting introduction to the gypsies/travellers/pikeys from Denham - from their permanent "travellers" site. Once a week they travel to Gerrards Cross, and simply steal anything that is not nailed down in the local shops. If you like to support that sort of activity, go to Gerrards Cross on a Saturday with your belongings open for theft when the kind folk from Denham are around.

Hmmmmm sounds like them :/

when the kind folk from Denham are around.

please dont generalise us all, with those :mad: :*

Mr Chips
7th Sep 2011, 18:40
Racedo

In amongst all of this I have asked you three times for your views on this aside from any race or ethnicity issues. Three times you have failed to answer and just keep attacking other people

Why won't you answer my (I think) quite simple question?

vulcanised
7th Sep 2011, 19:51
Wonder which of these groups Racedo belongs to?

Extremists signing up for struggle at Dale Farm eviction (From Echo) (http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/dale_farm/9230870.Extremists_signing_up_for_struggle_at_Dale_Farm_evic tion/?ref=mr)

(all new to me)

Capetonian
7th Sep 2011, 20:41
Racedo has disappeared. Can't take the pace? No answers?

Seldomfitforpurpose
7th Sep 2011, 22:25
Perhaps he's feeling as if he's being bullied.

stuckgear
8th Sep 2011, 07:13
(http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/dale_farm/9230870.Extremists_signing_up_for_struggle_at_Dale_Farm_evic tion/?ref=mr)Extremists signing up for struggle at Dale Farm eviction (From Echo) (http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/dale_farm/9230870.Extremists_signing_up_for_struggle_at_Dale_Farm_evic tion/?ref=mr)

(http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/dale_farm/9230870.Extremists_signing_up_for_struggle_at_Dale_Farm_evic tion/?ref=mr)

Interesting how two of the named groups are anti-immigration control

NoBorders Uk Network (http://noborders.org.uk/)
No One Is Illegal (http://www.noii.org.uk/)

Aside from their infantile posturings quite what being anti-immigration control has to do with this situation. More likely its the left wing huggy fluffs just looking to throw their toys out of the pram as per usual.... Perhaps the EDL should be invited down just to redress the balance ?

radeng
8th Sep 2011, 07:52
Sounds like these are all from the collection of those who don't realise that Socialism is fine until you run out of other people's money.

Tankertrashnav
8th Sep 2011, 09:35
A thing I didnt realise until a few years back when I was talking to an Irish chap was that those who were resident here back in the days of national service were liable to callup even though they had retained Irish citzenship. This man had done his two years back in the 1950's.

A quick reintroduction of National Service might solve the problem, with a mass exodus to "the ould country". Not going to happen though :(

racedo
8th Sep 2011, 17:55
Err... No! Only those that ignored the judgement would be.

Wrong again.

Ignoring a civil court judgement is not a criminal offense.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
8th Sep 2011, 18:07
A little knowledge in the wrong hands is such a dangerous thing......

Ignoring a CCJ is generally not criminal...and is true in the example where one individual sues another for a debt and gets judgment. To enforce the court order, and plenty of people have to, bailiffs are sometimes used. All carried out under the civil law, as you rightly say Racedo.

However......

Ignoring directions of a court can be contempt of court, which can result in a custodial sentence and / or a fine. I suggest you read the Contempt of Court Act.

Ignoring a planning contravention notice served under the Town and Country Planning Act within the time allowed is a criminal offence. In fact there are a whole slew of criminal offences if you fail to comply with certain notices / orders imposed on you under the T and CP Act.

Now Racedo....are you telling me that the inhabitants of Dale Farm have complied with all the orders imposed on them?
Are you really Racedo?

And you still haven't answered why you are defending these people when the suggestion that you are associated with them is a strong insult. :yuk:

Mr Chips
8th Sep 2011, 18:09
*yawn* (I'm even boring myself now)

Racedo do you think that it is ok for these people to ignore the law?

Capetonian
8th Sep 2011, 18:13
Racedo how about an answer to this ........... which I asked you 36 hours ago?

Racedo here is a simple question which requires a simple and direct answer and not a rant about how cruel we all are.

If your property were occupied illegally by 'travellers', if you want to call them that, and they refused to move away, what would you do and how would you feel?

(I accept that in this case they own the land, but they have built illegally on it, so I assume they don't have the right to be living there. )

stuckgear
8th Sep 2011, 18:57
Any spurious overblown claims of 'ethnic cleansing', racism or any other huggy fluff call to arms on this one :

Couple who spent year building £250,000 home ordered to pull it down... for being 15ft to the right | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2035125/Couple-spent-year-building-250-000-home-ordered-pull--15ft-right.html) ?

.. So where's Amnesty International, Vanessa Redgrave and the usual suspect rent-a-mob brigade ?

Nowhere in sight ?

oh, that'll be because there's no left wing ideology to chase. :hmm:

vulcanised
8th Sep 2011, 19:55
Just when you think it couldn't get any more bizarre............

Legal part of Dale Farm travellers' site is almost empty (From Echo) (http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/dale_farm/9233267.Legal_part_of_Dale_Farm_travellers__site_is_almost_e mpty/?ref=mr)

racedo
8th Sep 2011, 21:10
Racedo has disappeared. Can't take the pace? No answers?

Nope as some of us work for a living to ensure we can pay the tax that gets wasted.

Would have joined in last night but going out for a tapas meal with mates was a better idea.

Capetonian
8th Sep 2011, 21:12
....... but you still aren't able or willing to answer the questions that have been addressed to you.

I accept that tapas and mates might be more important, but then don't pretend to have a social conscience and to give a stuff about your 'traveller' friends.

I doubt if you are the only person here who works for a living.

racedo
8th Sep 2011, 21:38
but the fact is you don't know what exposure i have had to travellers [sic] so you are making a judgement based on stereotyping with scant evidence.

These people deliberately disregarded the law for financial gain, have refused alternative locations and have demanded money with menaces.....Ethic cleansing.... don't make me fhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gifking puke. and grow up, citing the holocaust.

Snipped

Then perhaps you need to look at the stereotyping of communities that starts with the lets blame them for everything and let it just keep going until anything is acceptable because they are different.

Rabbi called it right perhaps because he knows and understands from where it starts.

Anybody who believes things like this don't spiral out of control needs only to look at mob rule on the streets of London 1 month ago.

Lets drag the newspapers for everything which justifies the view and cite spurious crap that travellers are to blame for everything because that is what this thread had degeneraated into .........the well someone was only suggesting napalming the buildings seemingly acceptable says a lot.

racedo
8th Sep 2011, 21:40
I doubt if you are the only person here who works for a living

But don't notice you giving crap to anybody else because they not online.

racedo
8th Sep 2011, 21:46
Racedo

ROFLMAO

Here is a group of people that the very suggestion that you might be associated with them is such a serious insult that you question the legitimacy of my birth. (er...and by the way...."illegitimate" births are not criminal.)

If you were so proud of the tinkers, then I understand you fighting their corner. But as it is, despite you being insulted, perhaps revolted?, by the suggestion you are associated with them, you battle on on their behalf. Beyond reason.

Young man. ( or is it boy?) I think you are confused. Therapy might assist.

"Which really shows you have no clue".........insults and tantrums might get you what you want from mummy dearest...but not on this forum.

I would follow the good advice Stuckgear has given you - "grow up". If you carry this sort of attitude with you into adulthood, and argue this way in the pub, you might find some bloke like Drapes who can't put up with your drivvel, who will send you on your way, all adult like.

So skulk away, put your hoodie up. Bye bye.

You started this topic simply to reinforce your own prejudices nothing more nothing less and you have finally realised the difference between Civil and Criminal law.

The fact you wish to shout down and demand anybody with a different position from you justifies their existence and background pretty much shows you not interested in debate but in getting agreement on your position.

Capetonian
8th Sep 2011, 21:53
Racedo : I'm not giving you 'crap' because you're not online. I have asked you a very simple question to which I expect an answer. Your continued refusal, or inability, to do so indicates that you are either lacking in intellect, or conviction, or both.

Just trotting out the same vacuous dogmatic crap over and over again is not helping your argument, nor is your continued quoting, out of context, the comment about napalm.

If you really feel so strongly about this, why aren't you out there helping your pikey mates to defend themselves against the onslaught of an evil and unjust society? Why are you spending money on tapas when you could be contributing to their worthy cause?

I suspect that you really know nothing about the real world that the rest of us live in, but perhaps maturity will come your way some time.

racedo
8th Sep 2011, 21:59
Cape

You are welcome to keep expecting.

Kinda like the one I always ask saffers about how in 20 years I have never met a single white saffer who supported Apartheid regime ...........but hey maybe one day perhaps as only be asking for 15 plus years.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
9th Sep 2011, 05:30
Racedo

am not trying to shout you down. You were the one that started being offensive after I asked you a relevant question.

you are the one that is evading the questions put to you.

I started the thread to point out the waste of £18million pounds of tax payer money...which I think you have also referred to in one of your posts.

we are clearly all wrong - but you are in the right.

the fact remains......the building on this site was illegal. So it will be pulled down. All of it.

You need to stop confusing my statements on the law with those of others. I am well aware of the differences between civil and criminal. So should you be, if you argue them.

In short, hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha.
Make my day ....continue to spout rubbish if you want. It is enjoyable to bat you away each time. Hahahahaahahahahahaaha.:O

Capetonian
9th Sep 2011, 07:04
Kinda like the one I always ask saffers about how in 20 years I have never met a single white saffer who supported Apartheid regim

And the connection is? If you had any idea what you were talking about you might be worth talking to.

Sorry, but you've totally destroyed your own argument. In fact, you didn't really have one in the first place. Can I suggest you go away and play and come back when you've grown up and can join the real world.

Tankertrashnav
9th Sep 2011, 08:25
I wonder if racedo and karma arethe same person. Odd that karma 022202 hasn't been on here trotting out his/her idiotic rubbish.

MagnusP
9th Sep 2011, 08:34
spurious crap that travellers are to blame for everything because that is what this thread had degeneraated into

Wrong. What the thread is degenerating into is one long attempt by several posters to get you to answer a closed question (i.e. YES or NO) as to whether you think it is OK for these people to ignore the law. It takes longer to type about your mates and tapas than it does to answer that simple question. Why won't you?

vulcanised
9th Sep 2011, 12:16
How long before this is retitled 'The Racedo Thread' ?

denhamjosh18
9th Sep 2011, 20:06
How long before this is retitled 'The Racedo Thread' ?

Hehe :ok:

We need to take a leaf out of a certain eastern european country ending in "-ia" (not naming incase they get in trouble:p)

Anyway, we were talking about Dale Farm at school, and my friend gave us a little story. They have a house in _____ia, because they are from there, however they have a gy..sorry scum camp on the edge of their lake, they had the balls so go swimming and to have baths in the lake, we even saw videos of them do it. So unlike us over here, the neighbour simply got out the ol' shotgun, and picked 2 of them off. The police came and simply turned a blind eye, BECAUSE:

THEY HAD ILLEGALLY BUILT LODGES ON OTHERS PROPERTY.
HAD BROKEN AND ENTER ANOTHER PERSON'S PROPERTY WITHOUT PERMISSION.
NOBODY. LIKES. THEM. *cough*
PLUS THEY DIDN'T MOVE WHEN THEY WERE ASKED TO BY THE POLICE SEVERAL TIMES.

You know just saying......think about it :}

PS:

I doubt if you are the only person here who works for a living

Ohhh....I don't work:cool:

vulcanised
9th Sep 2011, 20:11
Will it all come to nothing in the end?

ECHO EXCLUSIVE: Travellers offer to leave illegal Dale Farm site (From Echo) (http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/dale_farm/9241626.ECHO_EXCLUSIVE__Travellers_offer_to_leave_illegal_Da le_Farm_site/?ref=mr)

denhamjosh18
9th Sep 2011, 20:13
WHY DIDN'T THEY SAY THAT AT THE BEGINNING :mad:

stuckgear
9th Sep 2011, 20:44
TRAVELLERS have offered to leave the illegal Dale Farm site to avoid the planned £18million eviction.
Representatives for the camp met council leader Tony Ball to ask if he would call off the eviction if they moved onto the legal part of the site in Oak Lane, Crays Hill.
On Monday, the Echo revealed the legal site of 37 pitches was almost unoccupied and would have room for many of the families from the illegal site

in other words, they'll move off, let the illegal buildings be bulldozed, and then start again next year.

Capetonian
9th Sep 2011, 21:22
in other words, they'll move off, let the illegal buildings be bulldozed, and then start again next year.

In the meantime, they'll go the European Court of Justice or whatever that bullshit is in Den Haag, the place where tinpot dick-taters die of heart attacks before they can be executed by firing squad ... ha ha dream on ... and they'll claim discrimination against an ethnic minority and breach of human sodding rights, and they'll win and be awarded millions of Euros so that they can carry on procreating and living in filth and squalor like the parasitic scum they are.

racedo
10th Sep 2011, 13:10
am not trying to shout you down. You were the one that started being offensive after I asked you a relevant question.

Nope it had no relevance at all just an attempt to sideline debate.

you are the one that is evading the questions put to you.

I started the thread to point out the waste of £18million pounds of tax payer money...which I think you have also referred to in one of your posts.

Funny if its tax payers money and the waste of it you are worrid about then how come I have never seen you posting threads about the billions wasted on banks, billions wasted on computer systems for Govt that get abandoned.

You not even posted on the ex Leader of Essex county council caught fiddling his expenses.

fact is because its travellers you saw a chance.

[Quote]
You need to stop confusing my statements on the law with those of others. I am well aware of the differences between civil and criminal. So should you be, if you argue them.
[Quote/]

You are now because you have had to look it up.

racedo
10th Sep 2011, 13:12
Wrong. What the thread is degenerating into is one long attempt by several posters to get you to answer a closed question (i.e. YES or NO) as to whether you think it is OK for these people to ignore the law. It takes longer to type about your mates and tapas than it does to answer that simple question. Why won't you?

People ignore the law every single day of the week, me included.

If you don't good on you but your are a small minority.

hellsbrink
10th Sep 2011, 13:38
Funny if its tax payers money and the waste of it you are worrid about then how come I have never seen you posting threads about the billions wasted on banks, billions wasted on computer systems for Govt that get abandoned.

You not even posted on the ex Leader of Essex county council caught fiddling his expenses.

fact is because its travellers you saw a chance.......

.....People ignore the law every single day of the week, me included.

So that is your defence of the indefensible?

Pretty weak, dude, pretty weak.....

hellsbrink
10th Sep 2011, 13:39
In the meantime, they'll go the European Court of Justice or whatever that bullshit is in Den Haag

Wrong one, Cape, you're talking about the International Criminal Court in den Haag, whereas the yoomin rights one is the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg...

ex_matelot
10th Sep 2011, 15:30
Racedo, there are so many logical fallacies in your arguments that I suspect the Greek language would have to be updated to simply explain them all.

Capetonian
10th Sep 2011, 15:34
you're talking about the International Criminal Court in den Haag, whereas the yoomin rights one is the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg...

Yup, thanks for the correction, but one useless self-serving waste of money is much the same as another.

radeng
10th Sep 2011, 15:37
If they get awarded milions of Euros, by the time they collect it will probably worth nothing anyway, at tehr ate things are going.

Krystal n chips
10th Sep 2011, 15:44
"but one useless self-serving waste of money is much the same as another."

Until your own are threatened or abused that is..........

Lon More
10th Sep 2011, 16:22
Declare an Exclusion Zone about 2 miles across around the site,Dig a moat, edge it with anti-personal mines and erect a razor wire fence, cameras, guard towers - the works.
One way in or out. Traffic out only between 0600 and 0700 and in between 1800 and 1900. Everybody and everythin going in or out liable for a full search and interogation on the day's doings. Additionally they will be tagged, taxation charged at a daily rate, vehicles inspected for roadworthiness etc. Fingerprints, DNA samples to be supplied. Ant attempt to set up home outwith the boundary will meet with instant demolition of the property. Other "travellers" will be strongly "encouraged" to move to the site (i.e. their belongings and themselves will be dumped inside.) Absence overnight will be deemed to be a breach of their conditions and will automatically be rewarded with a period on a chain gang

rant over

ex_matelot
10th Sep 2011, 16:49
The police will shy away from any interaction regarding law breaking, tax and vehicular road worthyness etc.
I know this as fact and have heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Anyone below the rank of Sgt will pass it "up the line" due to the endangered species status the travellers enjoy. The most pragmatic approach for the police, and the one most utilised, is to simply turn a blind eye...

I know this because I deal with situations involving travellers on an almost weekly basis.

I'd also advise people to submit a FOI request to their local council asking how much they receive from the government and the EU for "traveller management". In many cases it's financially beneficial for councils if travellers illegally camp in their jurisdiction. Their arrival allows all host of non-jobs and departments to spring into life and justify their existance.

sitigeltfel
10th Sep 2011, 17:13
A number of news reports today say that far from being homeless, many of the "travellers" own houses in Eire. The benefits regime and "pickings" are obviously more lucrative in the UK.

hellsbrink
10th Sep 2011, 17:23
That's something that has been known for years, leftleg, there have been numerous reports about how these pikey scumbags are not true travelers but tended to come over to the UK for arund half the year, especially in the spring to autumn period, and then go back "home" for the winter.

Of course, one advantage they have is that by travelling back and forward between "Home" and "Second Home" they can claim two sets of benefits........

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
10th Sep 2011, 18:03
Racedo

I had to look them up?

Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Shows how clueless you are.
Shows how little you know.

Look at my profile.....you will see that I have forgotten more about
law then you are ever likely to learn.
ROFLMAO.

So pathetic. Swat you away like a bug.

Camp will be demolished soon. That is how the law is enforced against people who build illegally.

You continue to ignore questions. So now Racedo, Rapido, or some other nonsense...How dare you suggest my parentage is in question in response to a civil question. You are the one that finds these creatures so offensive that you insult people who suggest you are associated with them.
I shall ignore you from now on in totality. You have added nothing to this debate apart from cretinous comment...biased comment..ill informed comment...juvenile comment....:yuk:
Have a nice life. Hopefully I will never meet you.

Talk to the hand....i am no longer listening to your rubbish. In fact I understand there is an option where i can just block all your posts....aaaahhh. Fantastic. :ok:

Storminnorm
10th Sep 2011, 18:17
Well, well!!
Not a toy left in the pram!!!!
Chucked the lot out!!!

Back to my Yoof!
When first married, with a couple of small kids in tow, we bought
a small caravan on the Luton Municipal Caravan Site.(It's still there!!)
We had that for a while, then the house prices rocketted.
Another baby arrived, so we bought a NEW 35' "Mobile Home".
Lived in that quite happily for a further couple of years, BUT!!
in the meantime the Council were forced into providing sites for the
"Pikey" element. They parked them next to our site!! B*st*rds.
We put up with the situation for a while, but were seriously looking
at buying a house to escape the dump when!!!! Court Line went BUST.
A brilliant stroke of luck really. Passed the Mobile Home on to a guy
I had worked with, who took over the payments, and we did a runner
back to Amsterdam for a while.
Met a chap in A'dam who told me that IAS were looking for DC 8 eng's,
so we came back to the UK, and settled down quite nicely, in a HOUSE
in good old Crawley. Love the place, although I don't get out for a pint
locally any more. Sad that really, but never mind!

But it's thanks to the "Pikeys" that I'm here.

And they're wherever they are.

Lon More
11th Sep 2011, 16:29
The camp in Leighton Buzzard raided this morning was reported as a hub in the slavery ring. I hope the cops smash every lock open, to ensure they don't miss anybody here.

Sufficient grounds to go through every camp in the land, then follow up with bulldozers to prevent repeat offences.

crisso
12th Sep 2011, 13:39
"If they get awarded milions of Euros....."

They'll be able to buy a lot of slaves on the open market...:E

denhamjosh18
13th Sep 2011, 18:56
They'll be able to buy a lot of slaves on the open market...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

How much they going for :p:oh::oh:

Cleaning wipes
13th Sep 2011, 20:58
Some are calling this eviction of these people who are illegally occupying the land as "ethnic cleansing".....what would it be if an English white Christian born and bred in this country moved illegally onto a piece of land and was evicted, would it be "un-ethnic cleansing".....where some people get their ideas from I just do no know....Ethnic cleansing for evicting trespassers I just cannot believe it.

racedo
14th Sep 2011, 20:28
Racedo

I had to look them up?

Wrong.
Wrong.
Wrong.

Shows how clueless you are.
Shows how little you know.

Look at my profile.....you will see that I have forgotten more about
law then you are ever likely to learn.
ROFLMAO.

So pathetic. Swat you away like a bug.

Camp will be demolished soon. That is how the law is enforced against people who build illegally.

You continue to ignore questions. So now Racedo, Rapido, or some other nonsense...How dare you suggest my parentage is in question in response to a civil question. You are the one that finds these creatures so offensive that you insult people who suggest you are associated with them.
I shall ignore you from now on in totality. You have added nothing to this debate apart from cretinous comment...biased comment..ill informed comment...juvenile comment....http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/pukey.gif
Have a nice life. Hopefully I will never meet you.

Talk to the hand....i am no longer listening to your rubbish. In fact I understand there is an option where i can just block all your posts....aaaahhh. Fantastic. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Right and changing a profile on the net never happens.

Your original post and reason for it had nothing to do with planning law and you well know it.

vulcanised
14th Sep 2011, 21:44
They've even got the UN involved now.

What next? NATO, the Pope?

denhamjosh18
16th Sep 2011, 19:34
Who really doesn't have a clue what it's like to live near them :mad:

G-CPTN
16th Sep 2011, 20:13
Dale Farm was concreted over by Basildon council, former owner claims | UK news | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/16/dale-farm-concreted-basildon-council-owner)

sitigeltfel
16th Sep 2011, 20:32
Today I visited La Grande Motte, and pulled into a parking area alongside the beach road. Stepping out of the car I noticed every parking bay was covered in broken car window glass. This continued about 100 metres either side of what I discovered was a site for "Gens de Voyage" (French for pikey). It may have just been a coincidence, but I moved the car sharpish to about a kilometer away.

maliyahsdad2
19th Sep 2011, 07:52
Evictions due to start, there are now as many "activists" on the site as illegal families!

tony draper
19th Sep 2011, 07:55
May have said this already, the old ways are the best, lay siege,nobody gets in, anybody coming out does not get back in, cut off access to gas water food or lecky,no need to fill up the breach with our English dead,no breach needed
:)

pvmw
19th Sep 2011, 08:24
May have said this already, the old ways are the best, lay siege,nobody gets in, anybody coming out does not get back in,

I'd like to know why that isn't the chosen option. It would be very easy to do as its down a fairly minor road, simply block off both ends. It would inconvenience a few residents on the road, but there aren't many and they'd probably think it worth it to be rid of them.

From the roof lab on my building, it is possible to see across to the site - tho' its hidden behind trees we'll see the tear gas / flames etc. I was thinking of selling tickets!! If they really want to cause trouble, the A127 from the M25 into Southend is only a few hundred yards away, so there might be significant disruption later - I've come to work on the bike just in case.

OFSO
19th Sep 2011, 09:23
Funny how things are the same everywhere. The new TGV station here at Figueras has a huge fenced-in parking lot, but this isn't guarded or watched overnight. The parking lot is next to where the Spanish gypsies live in shabby unkempt apartment blocks. Nobody leaves their cars in the TGV parking lot overnight. Are these facts connected ? You bet.

Lon More
19th Sep 2011, 11:09
Times have changed

Knew some in Scotland many years ago. Genuine travelling folk, a lot different to those at Dale Farm

Lon More
19th Sep 2011, 11:26
you can pan and zoom this map

Best viewed through a reticule.

http://www.dcswiki.com/images/7/75/A10CCIPHUDCRPreDesignate.png

Posted after GCPTN's post below :ugh::ugh:

Why, when she makes love, does the Time Stamp Fairy always have to be on top?
Because she can only F*** up.

G-CPTN
19th Sep 2011, 11:31
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world! (http://wikimapia.org/#lat=51.5951617&lon=0.474177&z=18&l=0&m=h)

(you can pan and zoom this map)

Airborne Aircrew
19th Sep 2011, 11:54
Looking at the satellite image one wonders why each house has such a high fence around it. Do they not trust their neighbours? :rolleyes:

tony draper
19th Sep 2011, 12:09
I wouldn't like to be a pheasant living in any of those woods thereabouts.:rolleyes:

radeng
19th Sep 2011, 13:20
I wonder how much income tax, council tax and national insurance are paid by the inhabitants? My suspicion is that it is between nowhere near what it should be, and nothing.

radeng
20th Sep 2011, 16:15
If the Council get forced to let them remain, they should still have a good case for going after them for council tax - and arrears thereof. While the inland revenue lot should be in there heavily, tax - and vehicle licensing.

Note the timestamp fairy has really got her knickers in a twist....

Training Risky
20th Sep 2011, 16:24
OK so now there's a delay in ripping up the pikey's shantytown.

What happens if they are granted a permanent reprieve by the courts.

Does this mean that any and all householders can carry out works on their houses without applying for planning permission, safe in the knowledge that the council cannot touch them? What kind of precedent will this set??!:mad:

(Oh...and don't make the mistake of recommending an Einsatzgruppe-approach to this problem...people tend to get a bit upset...as I found out to my cost today...)

Ancient Observer
20th Sep 2011, 16:29
Why don't they move to live in the gardens of some of their posh supporters? I'm sure that the Redgraves, (famous for running the SWP) would have some room for them.

RedhillPhil
20th Sep 2011, 21:09
It's the W.R.P. that the Redgraves run. Same meat, different gravy.

vulcanised
20th Sep 2011, 21:44
The latest non-celebrity to turn up seeking publicity is Gloria Hunniford.

Spunky Monkey
23rd Sep 2011, 12:31
Last night at least a km of telephone cable was ripped up between the exchange and the village I live in.
Over 2000 people are without tel, internet etc.
My businesses have no card machines, can't trade over the internet and cannot take phone orders until BT redirect the phones.
(The mobile signal coverage is a disgrace).

There is sympathy for these people? As far as I am concerned...Siht sticks.

P.S.
My neighbour was robbed of all his drain covers in his garden. When the builders tried to stop them...they were given a warning in no uncertain terms...

Storminnorm
23rd Sep 2011, 13:29
I wish someone would tell them to F Off.
And ask them nicely to take Gloria Honniford with them.
Do us all a favour.

Ref the earlier photos of the 'proper' travellers with the old
"Bendy" wood and tarpauline tents.
I can remember several of them being camped out in and
around Luton many years ago.

El Grifo
23rd Sep 2011, 14:13
I never had any real issue with travellers or gypisies as we called them. Every year they had a traditional horse trading fair on the Village Green nearby.

A few lawnmowers and bicycles were nicked from that area around from people that did not have the sense to lock up thier sheds for the duration.
The Village green was always left in a bit of state when the left but hey, it was a traditional meet, going back a long time.

A group of them set up camp some time later, nearby a fairly nice housing estate. With weeks the place looked like cross between a refugee camp and a rubbish tip. I have never encountered such an encampment of people with such apparent low self-esteem anywhere else in the civilised world. Maybe they were just a bad bunch, but from that point onwards my opinions changed.

One would imagine that the smart thing to do would be to keep the site clean and tidy in order to avoid attracting attention, apparently this was something that is never even contemplated.

tony draper
23rd Sep 2011, 14:22
Plenty of caravan sites all round our coast but they would have to fork out about five grand a years to stay on them.
Perhaps we should be obliged to create large sandy areas outside or indeed inside our towns for minorities who's ancestors lived in tents.
:confused:

vulcanised
23rd Sep 2011, 14:29
So it drags on.........

Decision deferred until Monday.

Cunliffe
23rd Sep 2011, 16:18
Quite right El Grifo.
A group descended on our local park a few years back depriving the local kids of its use.
When they eventually moved on they left the park covered in litter and black rubbish bags even though the council tip is only a couple of hundred yards down the road. Worst of all they had used the sand pit as a toilet.
Why do the people who defend them not realise that their filthy way of life is one of the main reasons decent people object to them.

ShyTorque
23rd Sep 2011, 16:41
These people like to collect scrap metal.

Is that satellite steerable?

goudie
23rd Sep 2011, 16:49
These people like to collect scrap metal.

Correction! These people like to steal scrap metal. Even if it's a War Memorial. Parasites, the lot of them.

ShyTorque
23rd Sep 2011, 20:36
These people like to steal scrap metal.

Unfortunately, they often don't wait until it's declared scrap...

goudie
23rd Sep 2011, 22:01
ShyTorque

don't wait until it's declared scrap...

Yes you're right. That's what I meant.

tony draper
23rd Sep 2011, 22:07
New phenomenon here,cars are stolen, not driven far then set on fire and a person appears a few days later and offers to take it away to the scrap yard for nowt.
:uhoh:

Solid Rust Twotter
24th Sep 2011, 06:31
Tow truck operator in this neck of the woods was caught spreading oil and grease on a dangerous corner to drum up some business. Couple of minutes in a locked cell with a few of his more robust victims should have been mandatory.

FYI, the tow truck operators are known as aasvoels (vultures) and are probably the local version of pikeys.

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
25th Sep 2011, 06:51
The costs of this sorry saga continue to rise.

AND we are the ones who will foot the end bill.

Basildon council....if you guys had acted immediately...rather than wringing your hands for the last 10 years...it would not have come to this.
So much "consideration" is given to the rights of the minorities, no matter how odious they are, that the rights of the majority are overlooked.
Pathetic.

Well the sooner this illegal camp is pulled down, the better. It sends a message that legal action might not happen fast...but eventually it will. And if you are a traveller, who has found the good life of settling down.....but still like to claim traveller rights, well pretty soon you will justifiable be able to claim those rights as you will have been put back on the road.

TerminalTrotter
25th Sep 2011, 14:32
Round here, the council has spent a fortune digging ditches and erecting earth banks round every bit of open space that a caravan could be parked on. Worth every penny. It used to cost a fortune clearing up the filth they left behind them, without factoring in the losses due to theft and vandalism, and the loss of amenity. local farmers tactical use of muck-spreaders helped to discourage them as well.

For the record, I used to be a fluffist on this, forty years ago, (right to have a different/alternative life style, victims of bigoted nimbys lacking in empathy etc) - then I had cause to meet them up close a few times.

They are freeloading scum who regard themselves as the top of the food chain, and the rest of society exists purely to provide an environment from which they can take whatever they please. They have no moral qualms about ripping us off, because they regard us as prey, there to be used as it suits them.

TT

GGR
25th Sep 2011, 16:43
Well said TT

Seems to me they are all Irish? Why not live over in their native land? Its a big country and they can 'travel' to and fro forever..........please.

I have an idiot for a neighbour who every year has his trees vandalised by so called experts. He got a shock this year when the original quote of £600, (which is £400 too much), increased to £1600. When he questioned why they dumped all the waste on his drive! They had already been paid the £600.

GGR

vulcanised
25th Sep 2011, 17:06
I think Basildon Council have provided us all with a classic example of 'How Not To Do It'.

Hopefully, the time taken and the expense will provide some lessons.

pvmw
28th Sep 2011, 06:51
Police refuse to tackle burglary suspects at travellers site - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8792076/Police-refuse-to-tackle-burglary-suspects-at-travellers-site-over-health-and-safety-fears.html)

Why, oh why does society continue to put up with these parasites.

The Stanleys also complained they felt the police response was inadequate, given that one of the thieves had threatened them with a shotgun.

Funny that, if any of us threatened someone with a shotgun the police would be down on us like a ton of bricks. Why wasn't an armed response squad called in, and if any pikey were stupid enough to wave a shotgun then they should be taken out on the spot. And Plod wonder why people have no respect for them any more.

Wonder if Regrave or Hunniford will be asked to comment.

tony draper
28th Sep 2011, 07:35
In the PC lunacy that prevails in our green and pleasent land these days it can be worth a Policemans career to get into a altercation with a ethnic minority,it's a no win situation for them.
:cool:

maliyahsdad2
28th Sep 2011, 07:40
Suprised they haven't flogged it off yet, maybe thats why they are keeping the men away.

Dale Farm travellers apply for English Heritage protection | News (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23991833-dale-farm-travellers-apply-for-english-heritage-protection-status.do)

WPW
29th Sep 2011, 09:23
What key opens any lock?

A PIKEY

HuntandFish
29th Sep 2011, 11:06
Solid Rust Twotter
Thread drift but I hadnt heard aasvoels (vultures) before .
We have a local skip company called Aasvogel !

vulcanised
29th Sep 2011, 11:52
Trouble is, the more recognition they achieve, the more they will regard themselves as untouchable.

As if they didn't already.

Solid Rust Twotter
29th Sep 2011, 12:08
Cloggie?

Most apt, Mr Fish...:ok:

Storminnorm
29th Sep 2011, 15:04
A lot of my furniture in the early days came from skips in Amsterdam.
They threw some quality gear did the cloggies.

I've even been thinking of starting a business importing some of the
A'dam rubbish to the UK.
Problem is , the BIL, who organised most of the stuff, now works as
a Doctor and is usually quite busy. Pity really.

mat777
30th Sep 2011, 01:29
a good suggestion here from another forum i frequent:

"I suggest two 16nhp BB1's, a taught 3/4" wire rope between them just longer than the site is wide and full regulator in second gear would leave nothing standing above 3 feet high ...... Now THAT is the power of the past !!!"

:E

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Sep 2011, 10:14
Well, you're not going to shift them with this, that's for sure...

http://www.arrse.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=51597&d=1317371775

TBirdFrank
30th Sep 2011, 12:26
I have had occasion on many times during my career to move these freeloading, thieving scum on, from wherever they have chosen to set up camp - and just once I have come across decent law abiding taxpaying travellers - so yes - they do exist.

The latter turned up at the farm, over forty years ago, when we had a Caravan Club 5CL, as they are known, permitting up to five vans to be camped for up to twenty eight days. A gentleman turned up with four CC membership cards - all in date - and booked four weeks.

Later that day the big chrome vans arrived - closely followed by the clerk to the parish council. What could we do?? The booking was kosher - they had paid - and on investigation, every TK had a tax disc. We also emptied ten acres of hay fields faster than ever before with the Bedfords shifting it faster than I could bale it!

They left at the end of their booked stay - kept the site immaculate - and I had to do some hat munching! But we lost the CL as a result.

BUT in another world - I have had secure sites opened up by the usual trick of a TK load of kids being dropped in the early morning, who then proceed to remove the site bunding and within a couple of hours - on they roll.

There then follows four weeks of serve notices, apply for order, obtain order, liaise with Sheriff, Police, Bailiffs, tow truck owners etc and go to enforce warrant. Then bulldoze site clean of assorted detritus and re-secure - usually around £25 - 30k a time all in!

In the meantime they abuse your property and your rights, laugh as they drive in and out in brand new 4x4s and £20k vans and the crime rate goes up exponentially in the general area - and the police do absolutely nothing - mind you when the perpetrators are M Mouse and D Duck and there is no way of tracing where they have moved on to if warrants were served - I understand the problem.

Best tales

The stock car driver we hired with his orange peel grab equipped tow truck - all mouth but no trousers when it came to proving we meant business - wouldn't hang the grab over a van - wouldn't tow out when asked! When advised he wasn't getting paid he finally sprang into action - and so did the pikeys - returning back to site when they realised that vans with eight grab holes in the roof are not a lot of use thereafter!

Most unbelievable - and it did happen - the GMC police force threatening to arrest the BT police force if they enforced a warrant and towed unlicensed vehicles onto the public highway - with the sheriff in attendance - unbelievable! but true! A couple of high level phone calls, Chief Super to Chief Super cut that nonsense!

And then there was the site at Bradley Fold, cleared but with an old burnt out van shell left on it amongst other stuff. We had the site cleared including disposing of the shell by running a D8 over it, and then burying the lot - then we got a phone call a few days later - "we've had a brand new Transit nicked - heard it was on a pikey site at Bradley Fold - do you know anything ............" That got the Manuel response "I from Barcelona, I know nothing!" :confused:

Dale Farm - bulldoze it - if I build a porch without consent they are here in minutes - one law = one law!

Storminnorm
30th Sep 2011, 13:45
Saw a photo of the site on't Telly yesterday.
It looked to me as though quite a lot of the pikeys
had already moved out.
Probably just lurking around the nearest corner.

crippen
30th Sep 2011, 14:10
Local farmer in my home town covered the fields on each side of the Pikeys with Pig Slurry. The Darlings soon moved on.http://www.northwyke.bbsrc.ac.uk/DefraAmmoniaWebsite/images/tractslurryspreader.jpg

He got warned of impending prosecution by the council for 'nuisance' but was never taken to court.:=

hellsbrink
3rd Oct 2011, 16:17
"Ding dong, Pikeys are gone (soon)"

The Pikeys of Dale Farm (hmmm, there's a name for a book) have lost the latest round in the High Court, with Basildon Council now being allowed to remove 49 of the 54 plots AND the majority of the hard standings on the "site". The go-ahead to send in the Police and Bailiffs may not be there until at least Wed, however, as the injunction preventing the eviction is likely to be in force until tomorrow and then they have to get the manpower organised to kick the buggers, and the long-haired leftie wazzocks "protesting" with the Pikeys, off the site.

Let the games begin, I reckon they should start off with some fire engines sending in jets of soap and water first, that'll shift a load of them in seconds......... :E

goudie
3rd Oct 2011, 16:22
As they come off site I think Basildon Council should hand them complimentary tickets, for the ferry back to Ireland. Well worth the cost.

El Grifo
3rd Oct 2011, 16:29
Starting to take on a particular bias this Pprune thingy !

After last weeks disgusting tirade against the Scots (which was quickly dealt with by the Mods)
We are now being treated to :-

and the long-haired hippy leftie poofters

rmcb
3rd Oct 2011, 16:30
49 of the 54 plots

What about the last 5 plots? Any mention of what's going to happen to those?

hellsbrink
3rd Oct 2011, 16:31
I reckon it would be better to hand over summons' to go to court for claiming housing benefit. If you're a "traveller", you shouldn't have a permanent address so therefore should not be claiming housing benefit. If you have a permanent address, you are not a "traveller" and cannot claim some sort of special status for being a Pikey so, therefore, must obey all planning, etc, laws in the area you choose to have your permanent address......

The same goes for claiming dole and any other benefits.

hellsbrink
3rd Oct 2011, 16:31
What about the last 5 plots? Any mention of what's going to happen to those?

That'll be the legal ones.

hellsbrink
3rd Oct 2011, 16:34
You got a better description for these scroungers from "Rent-a-Mob" who have decided to protest at Dale Farm and do everything they can to prevent the "Ethnic Cleansing" at the site, El G?

Round them all up and throw them in the clink, after they get hit by the water cannon with soapy water.

El Grifo
3rd Oct 2011, 16:38
Trouble is I am a bit far a way to actually go down there and find out for myself.

Obviously you have made the effort yourself, either that of course, or you are reguritating the sensationalism found so frequently in the gutter press.

I have little sympathy for the so called travellers however !

hellsbrink
3rd Oct 2011, 16:45
Well, those from "Rent-a-Mob" are not, generally, the sort of people who are clean-shaven with smart hair and Armani suits, are they. And they certainly ain't "right-wing" either.

But I'll drop the "hippy poofter" bit if it'll make you happy, even though it was totally in jest and was nothing nearly as offensive as the stuff from certain people regarding the Scots (of which I am one and did pretty darned good by not reacting to it, if I say so myself)

El Grifo
3rd Oct 2011, 16:52
Fair Do's hellsbrink !

Did you actually read that stuff on the Rugby thread. It makes your stuff look like Playschool :ok:

I guess thats what sparked me off.

Mods were on it quickly though !

Its hard not to take the piss out of a country whose principal culinary invention is the deep-fried Mars Bar, and whose most notable alcoholic drink is a cocktail comprised of Buckhaven Tonic Wine and methylated spirits.

Its no surprise that the only legal British opiates drugs plant is tucked under the lee of Murrayfield stadium. (I once watched 5 tonnes of - legal - heroin being dried off there) I'm sure it was set up to enable the Scots to numb their minds and so live with their self-disgust at being Scottish. That's why they pretend to hate the English - its really just an attempt to deflect attention from their self-loathing

hellsbrink
3rd Oct 2011, 17:06
I did read it, El G, and I must say that I was proud of my ability to restrain myself.

Doesn't happen often, especially when the beer and gin have been flowing, but I managed it.

Still doesn't change my opinion of the pond scum that is supporting the Pikeys though.