PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Embrace the Spirit in Race to the Bottom

Jethro Gibbs
1st Sep 2011, 10:09
Pay Circa $35,000 Australian Dollars From Latin circa (around, about) The Race to The Bottom is over Qantas is already there. :eek:
SEEK - Customer Service Agent Job in ACT (http://www.seek.com.au/Job/customer-service-agent/in/act-act/20566268)

600ft-lb
1st Sep 2011, 10:22
The only attractive benefit these days is staff travel. On $35000 living in Canberra, even at the supposed ID90 rate we pay there certainly won't be any staff travelling going on.

Maybe that's why we're getting $250 and $200 staff travel 'vouchers' ?

forgot this gem

parking provided

RATpin
1st Sep 2011, 11:04
unseen,well said Sir.

unseen
1st Sep 2011, 11:09
Don't like it - don't apply

If no-one applies, the salary will increase until someone does

Pretty simple

They should call it "supply and demand"

Oh that's right - they already do.....

Keg
1st Sep 2011, 11:49
More likely they'll get someone who can't get a better job. That means that the successful person is unlikely to have great service skills, not be that smart and be hanging out to get a better job. That should make them EXCELLENT at their job in passenger service. :ugh: :rolleyes:

Bootstrap1
1st Sep 2011, 12:49
Or they may get someone who still has stars in their eyes about working for Qantas.
As has been said don't like it, then don't apply.
Most people working for QF like working for QF but don't like QF management.
So I you and I like working there, then chances are someone on 35k will like it too.
Not everyone need 250-500k to survive.

neville_nobody
1st Sep 2011, 13:35
For a 20 year old still living with the folks this would be a great deal. The staff travel alone would be worth taking the job. Beats working at Woolies or Maccas full time.

Anulus Filler
1st Sep 2011, 14:02
With the opportunity to join a company who fosters strong workplace relationships and values the importance of feedback, your new position as a Customer Service Agent will see you as the face of Qantas, providing outstanding customer service to our customers.

BBWWWAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAA......Yes. The spirit might just embrace you too.

PyroTek
1st Sep 2011, 15:26
For a 20 year old still living with the folks this would be a great deal. The staff travel alone would be worth taking the job. Beats working at Woolies or Maccas full time.

I earned more at Woolies as a full-time junior.

Xcel
1st Sep 2011, 23:52
And I definately earnt more at maccas...