PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Coverdale

PA39
1st Sep 2011, 01:50
Does anyone remember him? do you know where he ended up? of his son Malcolm?? also. Talk about photographic memories, these two were like cameras!!:eek:

pill
1st Sep 2011, 02:26
Removed with apologies to Cliff. I did your ATPL theory 92ish. Was said tongue in check.

Wally Mk2
1st Sep 2011, 03:47
'pill' that's a bit harsh there mate:) Just 'cause good 'ole big (make that large) Cliff would do his sky beach report from within the cockpit of the C150 (when the wx was on the deck) whilst it was on the ground eng running at Taree with microphone in hand doesn't mean he was dishonest!:E

Had some fun times over at Taree about a 100 yrs ago doing my CPL exams:ok:

Wmk2

pc12togo
1st Sep 2011, 05:07
Same here Wally. I have sat in that 150 as well doing the report on the ground, but also did a few runs with him up the beach. Was there for 5 Weeks back in 88. Was a fun time, and he did know his stuff. And boy could he fly those rc aircraft of his. Don't know were he is but do have a few photos of that time. You good Wally.

Wally Mk2
1st Sep 2011, 06:20
Well 'pc12togo' seems we where there at Taree same time, I too was there in 88. The C150 was KDE (had to go back a few log books to chk) With an instructor by the name of Kendall (surname) can't recall his first name.
I recall Cliff & his toy planes well, I have been playing with toy planes for over 40 yrs (sad I know!) & we often talked R/C.

Ahh the good 'ole days am sure I have some piccy's of us CPL learners standing outside the class room there with Cliff & Kendall amongst us 'gringoes':ok:

Safe flying 'pc' as you need all the 'elp ya can get flying one of those things!:E:ok:

Wmk2

Cliff Coverdale
28th Oct 2011, 23:01
I forgot to mention, I also run motorcycle tours in India, Morocco and Turkey. Check out the sites we own.

silverbullettravel.com or creativestainless.com.au

pill
29th Oct 2011, 00:43
Earlier post removed with apologies. Was a pretty ordinary thing to write anonymously.

Fantome
29th Oct 2011, 03:01
.. ... and most gracious of you too. Never let it be said these forums are
lacking too much in (un)common courtesy.

Wally Mk2
29th Oct 2011, 07:49
Well hello there Cliff.........& here I thought you had flown off into the sunset still hanging onto one of yr R/C toys:-) Good to see yr as active as ever there:-) Whatever happened to Noel? I still have (somewhere) a photo of our 1988 CPL study group standing beside the large shed with Skywise painted on the side of it, you, Noel & us motley lot:ok:How the hell you got us thru those exams I'll never know but thnxs:ok:

Wmk2

P.s........KDE??? Know of it's whereabouts?

Ex FSO GRIFFO
29th Oct 2011, 09:03
KDE...Still alive apparently Wal,

CASA Rego site shows it belonging to -

Julie Biser, of Lower King, WA. 6330.

A Model A150M, first rego'd in AUS, 14 Jan '77.

Cheers:ok:

Wally Mk2
29th Oct 2011, 09:57
bloody hello Griffo it's in WA?..........must have left the day after I flew it back 'n in 88 & not long arrived there:E

Wmk2

Cliff Coverdale
29th Oct 2011, 11:06
Never mind mate. I fully understand. Many is the time I've spoken out and thought better of it later. Hope aviation is going well for you. I was very saddened by the death of Trevor Gursey, a young instructor we trained from BAK through to grade two instructor. He came down in the sea and was two days in the water before he was recovered. He died of hypothermia. He was such a great chap.

Cliff Coverdale
29th Oct 2011, 11:19
Well Wally I haven't gone to the touch n goes in the sky yet. I think I would have if'n I'd kept flying aeros at night, which no one can prove. Just like the urban myth that someone flew my B55 Baron under the Martin bridge at Taree. Absurd. Yes, I also remember those days with gladness, made a lot of good friends. I remember the WA blokes, like Peter Arscott and Banksy? who built a three hole golf course down the left side of the road. Bloody good fun. Then there was young Mahommed who did his training with us and after one of the Friday arvo barbeques he was told the sausages were pork. He was behind the hangar bringing them up quicker than you could detonate a grenade. I wonder if he ever did? Ah well. Manning Council finally succeded in shutting down the whole airport to flying training. It's now covered in private hangars and tumbleweed. Ancient Cliff.