PDA

View Full Version : A320/1 rolling whilst flying level.

Cymmon
31st Aug 2011, 18:50
Recently flown on a few A320 and A321 aircraft and in level flight the wings seem to move up and down, not flexing but rolling. Is this normal on Airbus a/c?

It just seems a little disconcerting to see the horizon moving slightly.

Or was it just the drink? :sad:

PAXboy
31st Aug 2011, 18:57
I've often seen this on the 340. When doing CPT~LHR earlier this year, there was a steady roll for many hours. It was not discernable by sense, but by vision of the wingtip against the clouds and moon.

henley_regatta
31st Aug 2011, 19:11
Don't think this is unusual, either for Airbus or others.

Can recall my first trip across the pond sat near the rear of the wing of a 747-200, thinking that the damn thing was paddling it's way across the oggin. It's been the same on every aircraft I've paid attention to (more noticeable on bigger ones).

(inboard ailerons pretty much constantly going up and down slightly in response to whatever gusts the autopilot senses...)

Mr Optimistic
31st Aug 2011, 21:35
It mirrors the snoring on the flight deck. Next time call an attendant and have them wake the crew up, dozy lot.

ceeb
3rd Sep 2011, 07:50
I posted a similar thread a few months ago. It was always on a 320/1 as you say and always seemed to be just after an hour into the flight. As I love to partake in a red wine whenever I fly I thought it was me, but the gentle rocking motion is quite pleasant :)

Agaricus bisporus
3rd Sep 2011, 20:03
Autopilot meandering a bit I expect, yaw damper a bit out of sync perhaps?