PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sub Imprests

Wrathmonk
31st Aug 2011, 16:58
Now, I wonder who signed for this one then ....

BBC News - £950m unfrozen cash sent to Libya (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14734420)

Ken Scott
31st Aug 2011, 19:57
Interesting to know how big & how heavy a load that is.

Uncle Ginsters
31st Aug 2011, 19:59
Ken, you can safely say it wasn't dropped from anything fast 'n' pointy!

Kreuger flap
31st Aug 2011, 21:43
A Whitehall official said the money should be available for cash machines and banks in Libya very quickly.

That is provided they have a letter of authority.

diginagain
1st Sep 2011, 05:48
I wonder if it'll sit in an account somewhere awaiting 'clearing' for a day or three?

1st Sep 2011, 07:11
"Dear Sir, I am a very important Englishman...I have a large sum of money I need to deposit into an African account" blah blah blah

I hope they reported it as spam mail..:E

thunderbird7
1st Sep 2011, 09:23
I can imagine Maggie Ross counting it out now and querying the receipts for lobsters and steak....

airborne_artist
1st Sep 2011, 09:28
BBC News - £950m unfrozen cash sent to Libya (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14734420)

If it's unfrozen does that mean it's hot? :E

cazatou
1st Sep 2011, 09:35
I trust that the Crew have done the "Creative Accounting Course".

Wander00
1st Sep 2011, 09:50
Reminds me of first day back at work after Christmas/NY at a fighter station just south of the Humber. Me OC Accounts - OC Admin strolls into office waving signal - "Better sort that out first - oh, by the way, Happy New Year!" Signal is from Air Attache in Oslo - who has issued imprest in kronor in 5 figures to a Fg Off H..., whose Frightening had gone sick in Norway and took about 5 T5 loads of spares and engineers to fix. When asked where the "change" was, said officer retorted "in my bureau at home". But being a good egg he nipped home to get it. Then found out that he and a couple of colleagues, being down town in a hotel with only rubber suits had bought minimum civilian clothing in a store -someone wanted to get the clothing back off them, but I persuaded the staish to write it off - they are probably still gardening in it. Cannot believe it - that is 30 years ago - probably not still gardening in it. However, the Air Attache got his money and paperwork back and we went back to a practice Part 1 every few days!

cazatou
1st Sep 2011, 10:34
Wander00

You - like myself - will remember the days before the Euro existed where (for example in Italy) there were no small denomination coins because the cost of minting them exceeded their face value. The Italian lire exchange rate was 2500 lire to the Pound - and the Pound consisted of 240 Pence. One received change consisting of boiled sweets - and, of course, different colours denoted different values. A variation would would be part used Bus Tickets.

Whenever we got a new Accountant Officer we laid on a Route Trainer around Europe and the new Accountant Officer would be taken on the Trainer to carry the Imprest - which contained at least a dozen different Currencies .