View Full Version : wizz air cadet pilots

flyhigh07
31st Aug 2011, 13:06
Wizz Air - Career Opportunities (http://tbe.taleo.net/NA6/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=159)

You Will Need To Have

· Unrestricted right to live and work in the European Union (and/or) Republic of Serbia (and/or) Republic of Ukraine
· JAR FCL-1 (or Ukrainian National equivalent) Commercial Pilot's Licence, with:
· Single Pilot Multi Engine/Instrument Rating endorsement (SPA-IR/ME), and
· a completed Multi Crew Cooperation certificate, and
· a Jet Familiarisation or Jet Orientation completion certificate, and
· good passes in all 14 ATPL theoretical subjects.
· Current and Valid JAR FCL-3 (or Ukrainian equivalent) Class One Flight Crew Medical Certificate
· ICAO English Language Proficiency Level IV or greater
· A minimum total flight time(1) of 240 hours
· ATPL Theoretical examinations average of at least 85% with no more than 2 re-writes/failures
· First time (Series 1, Attempt 1) pass in Single Pilot Multi Engine Instrument Rating exam (SPA-IR/ME)
· A minimum of National High School Diploma, or equivalent with Grade 'B' or '4/5' or '6/7' or 80% result in Mathematics and a Physical Science (Physics, Chemistry, or Biology).

vikdream
31st Aug 2011, 13:18
Then it's not a cadet program, is it?

EDIT: Well that's what their webpage says anyway

EK4457
31st Aug 2011, 14:15
What I find funny about the scheme is their very strict requirement to have a series 1 attempt 1 pass in the IR but then allow you to fail 2 ground exams AND have an easily attainable 85% average.

I suppose they would say they are more interested in raw flying skills than the theory.

Still a little narrow minded - first time pass does not neccessarily equal best pilot.

Oh, and it isn't a cadet scheme. They only take on fully qualified pilots, albeit without a TR.

Just my tuppence.

bluk
31st Aug 2011, 14:42
Has anybody received any information about next stage from Wizz ? Of course I'm interested in "cadet" program, because I know that F/Os are taking technical exams.

flyvirgin
31st Aug 2011, 16:44
Has anyone got any info on the technical interview? what areas do they focus on?

Kapter
8th Sep 2011, 09:54
All You need to speak is English.

aloa326
8th Sep 2011, 10:12
Hi guys;

If on the requirements there is no specific about language this means that you don't have to speak other than English.

Aloa

Andreas Edlund
8th Sep 2011, 22:48
What is this Jet Orientation course?
Isn't this included in the MCC if you do it in a full flight jet sim?