PDA

View Full Version : Any News of More Classic 74s ?

Idle Reverse
28th Aug 2011, 14:27
With a couple of the more widely known 74 Classic operators rumoured to be looking for additional crews ( AAI said to have recruited some Classic crews recently ? ) does anyone out there have any news of more Classics coming back on the scene ?

It would be nice if there was a little more choice in potential companies / locations for us more ancient crews to look at. :)

DownIn3Green
28th Aug 2011, 21:47
It's a no-brainer...Take whatever you can get on the "Classic" and then you may be exposed to other opportunities as time goes on...

Idle Reverse
28th Aug 2011, 23:21
You missed the point, I'm afraid . . . I'm referring to "ancient crews" who don't WANT to go onto anything else in their last couple of years. Just looking for Classic operators, that's all. :)

flyheavy
5th Sep 2011, 10:53
UNITOP in China, if you don't mind working with SABOOR, if you don't know him then do your study.
Good luck,

TowerDog
5th Sep 2011, 14:11
Baltia in New York will be recruiting Classic crews shortly...

Ct.Yankee
5th Sep 2011, 17:10
Hey T.D.
Heard that same rumor in 1992.
Don't hold your breath.
Wishful thinking???

IGS13
5th Sep 2011, 17:58
Baltia?? Junk planes, poor management and no money. Sign me up!

flite idol
5th Sep 2011, 21:56
Check out their website.........frequent flyers are called freeloaders and the tail of the plane has a (feathery not hairy) cock on it, I`ll bet if you turn it around there is a bull on the other side.

TowerDog
6th Sep 2011, 10:01
Hey T.D.
Heard that same rumor in 1992.
Don't hold your breath.
Wishful thinking???

Aye, not holding my breath, and not sure what the wishful thinking comment is about..Just reporting the facts mam..:rolleyes:

Baltia is plugging along getting their FAA operating certificate and been working on it for almost 2 years.
Classics to start with, then -400s.

Baltia?? Junk planes, poor management and no money. Sign me up!

Only 1 plane so far, an ex Northwest -200.
Time will tell if managment is poor or not, unless you know them personally and would care to elaborate?

ErwinS
6th Sep 2011, 10:54
What about the ex PIA classic with Baltia?

TowerDog
6th Sep 2011, 15:26
What about the ex PIA classic with Baltia?

I heard that one is back in the bone yards, corrosion in the main spar or some such thing.

JanetFlight
24th Sep 2011, 23:43
BALTIA just took off this week:ok:

AVeOLKKBgIg