PDA

View Full Version : NEW FLYING SCHOOL YBAF

DH-8
28th Aug 2011, 00:50
Hi all I am new to pprune, I was told about by another student, pretty cool web site heaps of information.

Can anybody confirm if there is another flying school opening up at YBAF, as the school I am at is very busy and cannot get regular flying, due to international students getting priority over domestic students.

Robdog
28th Aug 2011, 03:03
G'Day DH-8,

I am unaware of a a new flying school at YBAF... I know how you feel in regard to international students getting priority.. This is why I chose to fly with Darling Downs Aero Club in Toowoomba... they are out of CTA (yet nice and close to Oakey and Brisbane for when you need it). I have found that nothing is too much trouble, and you are treated on an individual basis, the same as everyone else.. no matter who you are or what you look like.

If you are keen for something similar near Brisbane.. from what I have heard, Redcliffe Aeroclub is the same.

UnaMas
29th Aug 2011, 23:16
try redcliffe if its not too far.

just dont go to the place with the tecnams, unless you dont like your money

cbradio
30th Aug 2011, 08:48
A new RA school using a Jab I think.

PyroTek
30th Aug 2011, 11:06
A new RA school using a Jab I think. With a Class D exemption?

Aviast
30th Aug 2011, 11:38
Pathfinder Aviation - Home (http://pathfinderaviation.com.au/)

dude65
31st Aug 2011, 00:28
So who's behind it?

Website tells you absolutely bugger all.

havick
31st Aug 2011, 00:39
Who's AOC are they using for 'Advanced training and endorsements'?

There's no AOC listed anywhere on the website.

ThePaperBoy
31st Aug 2011, 01:18
Endorsements available in Barons, PA31s, PN68s, Duchess - sounds like FTA's AOC to me.

Trent 972
31st Aug 2011, 03:47
Pathfinder Aviation (http://pathfinderaviation.com.au/index.php?page=advanced-training-endorsements)

We can arrange the following GA endorsements:-
CSU / Retractable
Tail wheel
Initial multi engine
Baron
Partenavia
Navaho
Chieftain
Beech Duchess

Yee Hah, Ima gonna get me one of them "Navaho" checks.
:O ps.
It's NAVAJO.... Web page update required quick quick before you look too silly.

Lancair70
31st Aug 2011, 07:54
Are they offering TIF or Joyflights ? ?
The way the TIF page is written is like a joyflight or tourist operator site listing the different options inc video in cockpit to show your friends.

I know some ultralight schools used to use the TIF excuse to take paying pax on joyflights. The pax never got a briefing other than what not to touch.

seavenom
31st Aug 2011, 12:40
Private ops for endos?

xquuizzit
31st Aug 2011, 13:42
Is this a joke?

ThePaperBoy
31st Aug 2011, 23:43
Private ops for endos?

We can arrange the following GA endorsements:-
CSU / Retractable
Tail wheel
Initial multi engine

Without the regs in front of me, my understanding was initial endorsements couldn't be done as a private op.

Archer tower is going to love the lengthy callsigns when the Jab hits the circuit: "Jabiru XXXX ......" vs ABC.

seavenom
1st Sep 2011, 03:19
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/399810-who-can-do-type-endorsements.html?highlight=private+ops+endorsements

:ok: