View Full Version : JAR Learjet Type rating

Coldbear
27th Aug 2011, 22:08
Hi,

Could some helpfull person direct me to a place where one may obtain a Learjet type rating under JAR rules. At this point I don't actually know which model it is.

Are the Learjets single or multi pilot.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Check 6
28th Aug 2011, 00:10
The Bombardier Training Center in Dallas, Texas (US) offers JAR training. All LearJet models are two pilot certified only.

epsum
28th Aug 2011, 06:55
And FlightSafety in Atlanta and Tuscon offers JAR courses as well.

I-AINC
28th Aug 2011, 09:41
I see that you come from Denmark, so the CAE in Burgess Hill could be the best option for you. I did there my Learjet 45 type rating in January (with a denmark pilot :-) )
If you have question feel free to contact me...

Propellerpilot
28th Aug 2011, 10:45
CAE Burgess Hill is the way to go ;-) I am just doing a TR here now and I can highly recommend it. :ok:

FlyTCI
28th Aug 2011, 14:30
Something to consider into your budgeting is the weak dollar vs the Euro/GBP. Yeah, the flight to the US will cost you more than a ticket to the UK but if you add up the cost for the actual course, hotel and food you may very well come out on top by going to the US. And you can make some bargains shopping over there too :}.

Obviously there is more to take into consideration when choosing where to train, such as instructors/training facilities, but quite often (if not most of the time) cost is the deciding factor.

Propellerpilot
28th Aug 2011, 17:39
It is worth knowing that you pay CAE in U$ wherever you decide to train for your rating so it makes no difference - the price is still based on the U$.

FlyTCI
28th Aug 2011, 18:29
Propeller, did not know that.

OK, so you pay in dollars no matter where you train, but is the amount of dollars for a course the same no matter where the center is too? I would guess it's more expensive to run a center in, lets say London or Dubai, compared to Dallas. Or does CAE simply bulk all the centers together financially? Find that hard to believe.

Propellerpilot
29th Aug 2011, 05:44
I have no idea. I am from Europe myself and the price from Burgess Hill was still quoted in Dollars and I guess the final deal actually depends on many variables e.g. privately self funded or through your company etc etc. The only way to really find out is to inquire with all the relevant institutions.

Burgess Hill is also not in or even part of London.