PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of Canadian CPL IR to a JAA cheapest place !!!

elmatador69
27th Aug 2011, 19:15
Hi everyone ,

Well I hold a Canadian CPL IR and actually I am following the frozen ATPL in Oxford UK after that am planning to convert my license but my budjet is very limited :(so if anyone can advise me where can I find the cheapest place in europe to convert my canadian license to a JAA license and how it works I mean if I have the UK atpl and I convert the license in another europeen country do UK CAA recongise that or not ?

any help is more than welcome

Transsonic2000
28th Aug 2011, 12:39
Once you are done with the conversion and you have received your JAA ATPL (frozen) from the UK CAA, the license must be recognized by all JAA member-states - no additional training or testing required!

if I have the UK atpl and I convert the license in another europeen country do UK CAA recongise that or not ? I don't know if the UK CAA cares about that. Your JAA license remains valid as long as you keep it current.

underpaid2011
28th Aug 2011, 13:31
I think he was asking about the flying part. What is the cheapest flight school around (in EU) to get the flying part of the conversion done? I'd like to know too. Thanks

Transsonic2000
28th Aug 2011, 16:15
There is a flight school in Poland, the name is Bartolini Air, they have reasonable prices and I've heard only good things about them here on the forum.

Don't know them personally, only had contact via email (always had to wait a few days until my mails where answered) but besides that all of my questions where answered satisfactorily. I'm planning to do the practical part of my conversion (FAA to JAA) with them. Currently they don't offer the ATP theory course in the English language (only Polish), but they told me that the theory and the exams can be done in any other JAA member-state, it will be accepted by the Polish CAA. After finishing the practical part in Poland (Bartolini Air) you'll be issued a Polish JAA licnese.

Check also the following link, regarding - cheapest place to do the conversion:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/461465-cheap-place-country-get-frozn-aptl-mcc.html

BillieBob
25th Sep 2011, 07:25
I WANT TO GET THE UK CPL IR BUT BRINGING A CPL FROM ANOTHER JAA MEMBER STATE DO UK CAA WILL ISSUE ATUOMATICLLY THE LICENSE ?OK, don't shout. The JAA CPL will be issued by whichever member state you do the flight training in, which is termed the State of Licence Issue'. You may then, assuming that you meet the employment or minimum residency criteria (185 days per calendar year), apply to change your state of licence issue to the UK. [see JAR-FCL 1.065]