PDA

View Full Version : A Philippine Airlines jumbo jet with 'Landing Gear Issue' arrives safely in LAX

a350_b787
27th Aug 2011, 08:04
Jumbo Jet With ‘Landing Gear Issue’ Arrives Safely At LAX « CBS Los Angeles (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/08/26/jumbo-jet-with-landing-gear-issue-arrives-safely-at-lax/)

Tank2Engine
27th Aug 2011, 12:26
No reverse on #2, or do I need new glasses? :8

westhawk
27th Aug 2011, 12:29
Your glasses are probably fine. Or maybe mine need replacement as well. Anyway, I didn't see #2 reverser deployed either.

And KCAL 9 is the WORST of LA's news. Embarrassing... :O

Shell Management
27th Aug 2011, 13:48
Why not land immediately the tyre burst rather than fly across the Pacific:confused:

Tank2Engine
27th Aug 2011, 13:57
@ Shell Management

The tire is not going to repair itself so the net result, for as far as landing with a blown tire is concerned, will be the same regardless of whether they dump the fuel in Manila or if they burn it flying across the Pacific.

At least in the later case they have all the time in the world to plan ahead, reduce the landing weight by burning the fuel instead of dumping and the passengers get to where they wanted to go.

A good and safe decision to continue to LAX, unless they had abnormal engine indications or a possible hydraulic/pneumatic leak, which is why I wonder about the #2 reverser.