PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher Backdoor Entries

guitarboy
26th Aug 2011, 23:17
Hey ive been hearing a lot of people getting into Kingfisher Airlines whereas there hasn't been any public recruitment or anything of that sort.

Can anyone elaborate on this? How and What is happening?

I am talking about CPL holders getting in.

alouette3
27th Aug 2011, 00:45
Hi Guitarboy,
I have no inside information or personal knowledge of something like this going on.However, I can attest to the fact that most airlines ,in India, have a "family first" policy.It maybe informal but what it amounts to is that if your parent is an employee of the airline, you will get priority when they hire new pilots or other staff.Secondly, aviation is a small world and if you are acquainted with a big gun in an airline,chances are you will get a leg up before anyone else. Finally, this is India we are talking about, right? Very little goes through the front door.Almost everything works in a parallel universe.Laundered money fuels the economy and jobs are available through the back door.
How are things with you? Any luck with the Coast Guard or anybody else?
Alt3.

av8r76
27th Aug 2011, 11:39
A3, as much as I'd like to agree with, you'd be amazed to find out that spice has an active and explicit policy of not hiring pilot relatives. HR and it's genius plan in action. The EVP flt ops and vp HR have had an out and out shouting match on this issue and of course the auxiliary dept won out. We have guys who have withdrawn resignations or put them on hold until their kids/siblings are inducted. Also a lot of lite guys were hired with their kids tagging along. However, some of them are still waiting for their kids to join. So ya backdoor in spice, yes, but only if you show them the money.

flyhigh07
28th Aug 2011, 14:41
Family first...:rolleyes:

captain-planet
28th Aug 2011, 17:43
@valention-balboni
reading your earlier posts ,looks like you are in spicejet, orr are you?
the period which you are talking about, spicejet did most of its major hiring during that time.from what i know,about 60non type rated & 20+ type rated guys were inducted in the 2nd half of last year..