PDA

View Full Version : become a pilot

christinebur
25th Aug 2011, 19:57
hello can i be a professional pilot with no gcse because i move zakynthos greece at 13 years old can you help me i am 18 years old

proudprivate
25th Aug 2011, 20:48
hello can i be a professional pilot with no gcse

yes, you just need the commercial pilots' license and a medical certificate. Depending on your nationality and where you would like to be a professional pilot, you also might need a work permit.

because i move zakynthos greece at 13 years old

You also need an English language proficiency of at least ICAO level 4; This includes the correct conjugation of verbs and the use of prepositions of place.

can you help me i am 18 years old
No we don't offer that service, we're a discussion forum.

Lightning Mate
26th Aug 2011, 08:03
You also need an English language proficiency of at least ICAO level 4; This includes the correct conjugation of verbs and the use of prepositions of place.

Such as the use of lower case after a semi-colon. ;)

Jerry Lee
26th Aug 2011, 08:48
First of all when you write on a forum, write always in a concise way using the punctuation marks. Most of the users' first language in here is not English.
Study and study english a lot, but it seems english should be your first language when you say you left the UK at the age of 13.

To become a pilot in Europe, you don't need a work permit - you should be an european citizen! When if you're going to work outside Europe, you may need a VISA.

To become a pilot you just need a medical certificate, a Commercial Pilot Licence, with all the additional ratings: Multi Engine Rating, Instrumental Rating, Night Rating and not to forget to pass all the ATPL subjects by sitting the exams.
After that, NETWORKING NETWORKING NETWORKING! Make yourself to be known with good attitude and behaviour.
Looking only for airline jobs could be a bad idea, and in general aviation who you know is very helpful.

For the rest, use the Search function.

christinebur
26th Aug 2011, 16:32
I am british my first language English because i was born in england.Thank you for the replys